Garden roll call | The Boneyard

Garden roll call

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
I don't care that we're 10 days out. Let's get the discussion going. I can't wait. After our return to the BE and no fans allowed last year, I wasn't going to miss this.

Where to eat/drink?
What's our seed/opponent looking like for the quarterfinals Thursday?
What hotel you staying at?
Driving/train?
What's the UConn section?
Are we expecting a strong showing from UConn nation fans?

I'll be with my old man but a bunch of our friends will be there as well. Staying at the Doubletree on 8th Ave. Thursday night and will be there for quarters/semis. Train from Stamford. Don't know what section we are in but UConn ticket office said they will send tickets to my dad's phone in a day or so.

Reaction Score
Any thoughts on best time to pull the trigger on Friday tickets?

Will prices come down after teams get knocked out on Wed/Thurs?

Right now seeing cheapest at $150 a seat (was $100 yesterday).

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Any thoughts on best time to pull the trigger on Friday tickets?

Will prices come down after teams get knocked out on Wed/Thurs?

Right now seeing cheapest at $150 a seat (was $100 yesterday).
Unsure on sections. I would say tickets could go either way. If St John’s and Seton Hall make it to Friday, thy are going up. If all of the top teams make it, they will also probably go up. Only way they go down is if X/DePaul/Marquette/Butler/Creighton end up playing each other.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
My tickets from UConn are in Section 114, does that make it a UConn section? Not sure

First time I ever got BET tickets from the school

Reaction Score
I'll be back up in the area on business and plan to get there. Somehow. I'm interested to read input on the best way/place to get tickets. It might be just me or some old floor-mates might be able to join

Reaction Score
Taking the train in on Friday +1. We are staying at Club Quarters-Times Square Friday night (and Saturday night if UConn makes the final). We don't have tickets yet, nor do we have a plan for obtaining them. It's gonna be a good old fashioned adventure!

I will be soulcrushed if UConn loses on Thursday, not only because of the loss itself, but because of how pumped I am for this trip.

Reaction Score
I'll be there. My brother has four tix and invited me. Don't know where I'm sitting or where I'm staying yet, but . . . I'll be there.
Hope it won't be too cold up there. It was 81 here today.

UPDATE: I'm told we're in Section 213; staying at the New Yorker.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Going to NYC on Friday with 4 college friends and meeting 2 other college friends who live in the city. Don’t have tickets but we’ll try and see what we can get when we get there. Would suck if we lost in Thursday.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Haven’t been to BET since picking up a few quarterfinals tix in the nosebleeds in the early 2000s with my buddies… this time, full slate with the fam. Have no idea how my 7 year old will do with late tip offs but we’ll figure it out.

Reaction Score
Does anyone know if the Alumni Assn. is sponsoring an event during the BET? Failing that, is there a bar or pub fans and 'Yarders are meeting at? I prefer Irish so I expect our group will be someplace on W 33rd.

Reaction Score
Anyone who ordered through the school receive their tickets yet?

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
In.

I also may have a spare ticket for both Thursday sessions. I had attempted to DM a few posters while I know live in the vicinity but keep getting told that the DM appears to be spam and cannot be sent.

If anyone is interested (preferably someone who lives close to Stamford) send me a DM with contact info

Reaction Score
Taking the train in on Friday +1. We are staying at Club Quarters-Times Square Friday night (and Saturday night if UConn makes the final). We don't have tickets yet, nor do we have a plan for obtaining them. It's gonna be a good old fashioned adventure!

I will be soulcrushed if UConn loses on Thursday, not only because of the loss itself, but because of how pumped I am for this trip.
Well, I bit the bullet and bought tickets on the fear that prices would only increase. Now if UConn loses on Thursday, I will no longer only be soul- but also wallet-crushed, as prices will surely fall if UConn is eliminated.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
In.

I also may have a spare ticket for both Thursday sessions. I had attempted to DM a few posters while I know live in the vicinity but keep getting told that the DM appears to be spam and cannot be sent.

If anyone is interested (preferably someone who lives close to Stamford) send me a DM with contact info
Stop swearing in DM :)

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I wish it were that.

AW, are you going to the tournament?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads