Gant Science Complex To Undergo Major Renovations | The Boneyard

Gant Science Complex To Undergo Major Renovations

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Gant Science Complex to Undergo Major Renovation - UConn Today

One of UConn’s largest and most heavily used academic buildings will soon undergo a major renovation to support the University’s expanded enrollment and research in STEM fields (science, technology, engineering, and math).

The UConn Board of Trustees approved an $85 million budget Wednesday for Phase I and infrastructure improvements to the Edward V. Gant Building. The 285,000-square-foot complex is comprised of three wings and the plaza building with program space allocated to STEM-related academic programs, including Physics, Ecology and Evolutionary Biology, Molecular and Cell Biology, and Physiology and Neurobiology. The University Information Technology Services (UITS) data center will also remain and continue to be fully operational throughout the project renovation.

Reaction Score
That was one of the last buildings that wasn't either relatively new or renovated when I was there (along with Arjona and Monteith and a bunch of the dorms). I'm surprised it took this long because I think it was falling apart and it was just a visually brutal looking building.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman
Top Bottom