Gampel Parking | The Boneyard

Gampel Parking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Any input on the best surface lots to park in?
I never drove myself before! I will be coming in from the southeast, so approaching from the east side of campus. I can walk fine and don't want to do a parking garage.
Any tips on a place to park where I won't get towed/ticketed that will let me leave in that direction?

Reaction Score
Get their early enough and you can park in South lot by the music school and the South Campus Residence Halls. That is where I always parked, after they took away the street paring on N. Eaglesville Rd. It has been a while since I have gone to a Gampel game, though.

Coming from the east, turn left after you pass E.O. Smith High School (road will go between E.O. Smith and UConn campus) then take your first right. I would try for the lot on the right first which is the music and art school lot. If you park in the lot to your left, I would park near the back end since that is student parking and more likely to be a problem if you park closest to the residence halls - though I have never had a problem the few times I have parked there.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Thanks UCC. I think I know where the lot is. Back in the Dark Ages I lived in Shippee. I wondered how rigorous they were with parking permits in the different lots on a Sunday.

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
Take your patience pills, campus can be easy to get onto, but not so easy to get out of.....

sTu

Reaction Score
Not usually that difficult to leave campus for an exhibition game combined with those folks that leave early.

Reaction Score
did they add backs to the benches

When I was at first night I noticed that the seats on the opposite side of the court had
chair backs all the way to the top row. I didn't check the end zones.

Reaction Score
Take your patience pills, campus can be easy to get onto, but not so easy to get out of.....

That all depends where you park and where you are going. I've been going to the women's games at Gampel regularly since the first year of Lobo. I never have a problem leaving, as I always park in the southern part of campus, and go south on Rte 195 going back to Norwich. That part is pretty easy. However, the few times I've had to meet people after a game going the other way, that's another story.

Reaction Score
So dbmill, what lot do you use?

The lot by Von der Mehden Hall and the student lot by South campus most of the time. I have never had any problems there. At most it is a 10 minute walk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom