Gampel Game Day Experience | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Gampel Game Day Experience

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Not to mention it's amateur hour to pay for X Lot when you can park in literally the next lot over for free.
The walk through up the little hill connecting is absolutely the worst. But that's a rogue trip through the woods. Can't really fault the school for that.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Not to mention it's amateur hour to pay for X Lot when you can park in literally the next lot over for free.

It's cheapo hour to park there, especially with all the snow. You literally have to walk in traffic to get to the game from there. Pass.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
It's cheapo hour to park there, especially with all the snow. You literally have to walk in traffic to get to the game from there. Pass.
And the reason for not parking in the lot adjacent to South Garage is? It's much closer and easier imo.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
He's become a caricature of himself, much like whaler on the football board.

That's a bit harsh. You don't think I have a legit gripe here? Take the messenger out of the equation, it's baby boomers that are buying the tickets to games. They are the loyal fans that are holding up the program. Stuff like not having a safe walkway a full day after the snow fell is a turn-off. And the fans in this new, AAC word are speaking with their feet. They'll go to Hartford for this dreck, Storrs not so much.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
And the reason for not parking in the lot adjacent to South Garage is? It's much closer and easier imo.
I hate sitting in parking garage exit traffic.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I hate sitting in parking garage exit traffic.
Not in the garage itself; in the adjacent outdoor lot, as close to the rear entrance/exit as possible. That way you avoid the parking garage exit traffic. Best of all Gampel parking options imo (well, since all my secret free parking spots have disappeared).

Reaction Score
That's a bit harsh. You don't think I have a legit gripe here? Take the messenger out of the equation, it's baby boomers that are buying the tickets to games. They are the loyal fans that are holding up the program. Stuff like not having a safe walkway a full day after the snow fell is a turn-off. And the fans in this new, AAC word are speaking with their feet. They'll go to Hartford for this dreck, Storrs not so much.

It's the boy who cried wolf. We don't know if you have a legit gripe or not. But the fact you've created multiple threads pumping up how great XL Center is and how awful gampel is takes away any credibility you may have had. We all get it, you like XL Center more. One thread was fine. The fact you keep rehashing it has gotten old.

Reaction Score
When I was a kid, UConn offered valet parking at X-Lot. And Sherpas carried us to Gampel when it was icy.

And it all cost a nickel.

Of course, we tipped the guy an extra penny to make sure the Cordoba got a good spot.
A.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
It's the boy who cried wolf. We don't know if you have a legit gripe or not. But the fact you've created multiple threads pumping up how great XL Center is and how awful gampel is takes away any credibility you may have had. We all get it, you like XL Center more. One thread was fine. The fact you keep rehashing it has gotten old.

Wrong and wrong. I'm not crying wolf, I'm the voice of reason. The conventional wisdom you repeat is untrue. XL is hopping this year and Gampel has been dead. UConn has been quoted as saying that they would leave Hartford completely if they could. That just tells me that UConn doesn't understand their customer base. I'm one of the few saying that would be a huge mistake. It would kill attendance and alienate hundreds ticket-buying fans. And if you are going to charge $9 to park, shovel the g'damn walk.

Reaction Score
I take my father to many of the Gampel games. He's 72, and had a heart attack last year. We park by Von der Mehden and walk. Not a big deal, and we fly out without much trouble at all at the end of the game.

But yes, they should have the roads and sidewalks plowed.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Wrong and wrong. I'm not crying wolf, I'm the voice of reason. The conventional wisdom you repeat is untrue. XL is hopping this year and Gampel has been dead. UConn has been quoted as saying that they would leave Hartford completely if they could. That just tells me that UConn doesn't understand their customer base. I'm one of the few saying that would be a huge mistake. It would kill attendance and alienate hundreds ticket-buying fans. And if you are going to charge $9 to park, shovel the g'damn walk.
Considering your title is "Mr. Happy-Go-Lucky" it's odd that each one of your posts in this thread has been complaining about something...

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Considering your title is "Mr. Happy-Go-Lucky" it's odd that each one of your posts in this thread has been complaining about something...

Not complaining, constructive criticism. You read a lot these days about what can be done to get the Gen Xers and Millennial's to the games. But Baby Boomers are the most loyal fans, they buy season tickets and all they want is to be able to get to the game without breaking a hip.

Reaction Score
With all this snow, how's that roof at XL doing?? Hear any creaks??

Reaction Score
Looks like the attendance disparity is due to weeknight vs weekend games, not Hartford vs Gampel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom