Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Two games can be viewed online at ESPN3:

TCU v #12 Georgia @6pm
Youngstown St v WVA @6:30

The game I'd really like to watch is Stanford v Texas but I don't think it's available online. I recall reading that the game will be broadcast on the Longhorn network.

Reaction Score
Already got my DVR set!

Stanford-Texas on Longhorn at 8
Duke-BYU on BYU network at 9

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
There may be this option for Stan - Texas:

But thanks to a tip from a Texas fan, of all people, there is a way (and it doesn’t involve Gametracker). The game is being carried on the Longhorn Network, (something we are hoping to see from the Cardinal Network one of these days). Normally, out West, we wouldn’t get this, but it just so happens the Longhorns are offering a free weekend, starting Friday, just in time for the Stanford-Texas game. Caution, this is still the Longhorn Network dot com, so you are watching on the internet, but still, it should be a TV feed, right? Anyway, just go to the Longhorn Network website at game time to watch live. Now we just need to figure out what time zone. ESPN says 8PM Eastern Time, yet Austin is in Central time, which would mean, let’s see, carry the one, game time 5 PM Stanford time? You do the math, you’re so smart.

LINK

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
There may be this option for Stan - Texas:

LINK

It IS an option. It's a free weekend and I just accessed Longhorn network programming on line. Thanks so much for the link. As Vowelguy noted above, the game is at 8pm EST.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
pap49cba beat me to it. LHN is an amazing channel, and WBB fans especially benefit from it being available online this weekend. As ESPN's contracts come up for renewal, LHN will be bundled into more and more providers' ESPN lineups.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
BTW, Rebecca Lobo will be calling the Stanford-Texas game!

Reaction Score
Following up on what others have posted above about free Longhorn Network access this weekend:

Longhorn Network Is Free This Weekend Online

by Brett Perryman • Nov 10, 2011 5:30 PM CST

It's November 10 and the controversial Longhorn Network is still available on only Grande Communications and Verizon Fios among medium to large carriers. With two proprietary football games already in the books, it seems unlikely that ESPN is going to reach agreements with DirecTV, Dish Network, AT&T UVerse, Time Warner or Charter any time soon. Add in the Big 12 mess, and LHN has a shot at going down in history as one of the worst executed concepts ever. With all of that said...
Verizon and Grande are sponsoring what is being called an All-Access Weekend where everyone can check out LHN this weekend online for free, regardless of your provider. The free content will stream starting Friday morning at 9:00 CT through Sunday night at midnight. The headlining content looks to be Texas' second basketball game of the season against Boston.

The peek into LHN coincides with the tip-off of the men's and women's basketball seasons. Weekend original programming will also include Longhorn Extra, Game Plan with Mack Brown and Texas All-Access.
Friday highlights include the women's basketball team hosting Stanford at 7 p.m. Saturday's programming includes 9 a.m. pregame and halftime coverage of the Longhorns' football game at Missouri, along with volleyball's game against Kansas State at 4 p.m.
The 6 p.m. men's basketball game against Boston University caps Sunday's programming.​

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
"It's November 10 and the controversial Longhorn Network is still available on only Grande Communications and Verizon Fios among medium to large carriers. With two proprietary football games already in the books, it seems unlikely that ESPN is going to reach agreements with DirecTV, Dish Network, AT&T UVerse, Time Warner or Charter any time soon. Add in the Big 12 mess, and LHN has a shot at going down in history as one of the worst executed concepts ever. With all of that said..."

Nice pointless editorializing by that guy.

All of the people of influence at Texas's athletic department were well aware of the fact that adoption would be slow. I imagine ESPN was as well. It's an extraordinarily well-executed concept in terms of the actual content, and as far as adoption goes, it's a 15 year marathon, not a sprint.

But I'm sure Brett Perryman, whoever he is, knows more about the business of building and distributing a cable channel than the UT AD and ESPN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom