Games tonight | The Boneyard

Games tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
Kentucky in a fight with the Razorbacaks.

Looks like Georgia is going to get rolled.

Cavaliers up on UNC early.

NCState up on Miami early

South Carolina up early on Vandy

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
Kentucky pulls away, but they're suspect.

Georgia still in the game. Ariel only has 8 assists.

EDD and company pulling away - 62-43. E's broken school scoring record. So far 34pts.

UVA still ahead of UNC, but it's tight - 45-40

SCar still ahead of Vandy - 44-36

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Watched the Miami/NC State game and I gotta say I think Miami has a chance to be dangerous come March. I know Tennessee beat them and UNC beat them, but there is something about this team that when they are hitting shots and pressing, they look really good.

I dont consider the Vanderbilt lose that big of an upset because I think the Gamecocks are pretty good.

Kentucky pulled away late---I cant wait to see them play Tennessee.

UNC and Virginia in OT......ACC will be interesting.

I am liking this parity that could be emerging with these conference teams beating up on each other. makes the season so much more interesting!

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
UNC beats Virginia 78-73 in OT. The game was in Charlottesville.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
even though a loss for the Cavaliers, Joanne Boyle is making some noise at Virginia and I like it!!!!!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
even though a loss for the Cavaliers, Joanne Boyle is making some noise at Virginia and I like it!!!!!
how is UVA doing on recruiting going forward? i know they snagged a pretty decent 4-star guard for 2012 (Randolph) but also seem to recall they missed out on several higher rated recruits they were after (Williams and i think Bria Smith?). i know Boyle is a good coach, but you can't push to the top consistently without really good players.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
how is UVA doing on recruiting going forward? i know they snagged a pretty decent 4-star guard for 2012 (Randolph) but also seem to recall they missed out on several higher rated recruits they were after (Williams and i think Bria Smith?). i know Boyle is a good coach, but you can't push to the top consistently without really good players.

But was Boyle there long enough to really recruit Williams, and convince Smith to stay? If I recall correctly Williams committed to Duke before Boyle got there.

Reaction Score
Kentucky in a fight with the Razorbacaks.

Looks like Georgia is going to get rolled.

Cavaliers up on UNC early.

NCState up on Miami early

South Carolina up early on Vandy
Vandy loses to S Carolina
Tenn pulled away big time in 2nd half won by 29
UNC wins in 2OT
Miami wins so far all favorites have won
other than Vandy
Delaware beats Towson as EDD scores 37
I wonder how good the SEC really is?

Olde Coach

Rip, Olde Coach
Reaction Score
But was Boyle there long enough to really recruit Williams, and convince Smith to stay? If I recall correctly Williams committed to Duke before Boyle got there.

Florida 59 Ole Miss 55

Not much talent or athleticism on either team. UConn beats them both by 30-40 without breaking a sweat.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Towson had won 6 in a row before losing to Delaware... last lost before last night was to UConn

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I'm not sure if Kentucky can compete with the LVs. Samarie played only 6 minutes. Injury?

Nice win for Tennessee. Massengale had lots of points and assists.

Chay Shegog is doing a nice job for UNC, but they are not as strong as they were for about an 8-year stretch.

Elena had 37 and 9, plus other stats. She set the career record in 63 games! Delaware is improved--both EDD and the supporting cast. They could beat a top 15 team in the NCAAs.

In a late game, Nneka posted 32 and 15. She is having a great year.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
If EDD had been healthy for 4 years at Delaware I don't think Jackie Stiles record would have stood a chance.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
I saw in the paper this morning that Virginia Tech beat Boston College 38-35.
Please tell me that this was a halftime score.

Reaction Score
I saw in the paper this morning that Virginia Tech beat Boston College 38-35.
Please tell me that this was a halftime score.

Oops. BC's best hope for an ACC win now rests on the Clemson game.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
you are probably correct. i'm not sure of the timeline of when she got there or started recruiting these kids...

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
If EDD had been healthy for 4 years at Delaware I don't think Jackie Stiles record would have stood a chance.
Absolutely.

I forgot to note: Elena averages more points per game than the rest of the starting five.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
So I guess you think the LVs are a lot better than ND (which KY played tight) and Duke (lost to KY).
Well, maybe an overstatement. Both teams are erratic. I think Kentucky frustrates me, because I see a good performance from them and then have to reassess after a poor one. I think they need to play their game to beat Tennessee--relying on TOs. The LVs have more ways to win, I think. I am just not sold on Kentucky's half court offense. As you know, relative scores, re Duke and ND, have limited meaning.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Retired coach Joe Ciampi on a recent LV telecast talked about Pat's ability to elevate the play of the team above and beyond for a stretch in a game. An interesting take from a former opposing coach and WBB hall of famer.

Will see how this aspect of what makes Tennessee click plays out against the tougher competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom