games on radio from distant cities: wsb, wcco, kmox . .. | The Boneyard

games on radio from distant cities: wsb, wcco, kmox . ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
pick up signal of any teams at night besides these? I pick up: wgn Chicago, wjr Detroit, wcco, twin cities mn, kdka, pitt, wcau, phila., wtop, wash dc, wbal, balto, kmox, st Louis, wsb, Atlanta

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Random post. Like 20 years ago I used to deliver pizzas late at night and listen to whatever crazy games I could find.

I can get that Chicago station in Eastern Connecticut on my way home from work. Always talking Bears every day.

Reaction Score
The AM radios of today are crap. My dad's 59' Plymouth had a 30 pound radio with tubes, used to listen to games with Koufax and Drysdale from the west coast.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
pick up signal of any teams at night besides these? I pick up: wgn Chicago, wjr Detroit, wcco, twin cities mn, kdka, pitt, wcau, phila., wtop, wash dc, wbal, balto, kmox, st Louis, wsb, Atlanta
I picked up WTIC on my car radio frm my hotel in Harrisonburg VA ordered dinner from a local sub joint found some beer and sat in the parking lot in my car and enjoyed a preseason game

Reaction Score
I shared a room with my older brother until June 1954 when he graduated from high school and left for Paris island and the USMC the following week.
I not only inherited a room of my own but control of my brothers little radio.
I listened to the great Mel Allen and Yankee games as always as my brother made me into a Yankee fan as my uncle next door had made him one . Even 2500 miles away only the destruction of the Old Yankee stadium made me homesick.
It was like a huge part of my life was erased.
But baseball was the beginning and the end for my brother. Where he would listen to the normal radio show of the day . I was a sports junkie.
After baseball season I would listen to the radio as I pretended to do my homework.
I discovered the Montreal Canadian games ( in French ) the names were intriguing as they rolled off the tongue of the excited announcer.
That winter I also discover UConn basketball and my life has never been the same.
I guess that will be 60 year next BB stadium. That winter I also discovered WINS and Alan Freed but that's another story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom