Games in HD? | The Boneyard

Games in HD?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Looking ahead in my Comcast guide I see that both Sundays and Tuesdays games are to be broadcast on CPTV Sports (ch #185 for me) which is NOT a Comcast HD channel. Does anyone here in CT using Comcast get this channel in HD? Wasn't CPTV bragging how most games this year would be HD? How is this better?

Reaction Score
I use Comcast (in SE CT). But the channel allocations (here) are (no doubt) different in other local (Comcast) ISP hubs.

Here, CPTV has it's low band (over air/ NON-HD) feed on ch-16. The HD feed is on ch-24.1 But that (ch) will show up (be received) differently on different TVs because there are lotsa different (types of internal digital) tuners in them.

I would scan your channels (click the ch-button sequentially up) until you see the (same PBS) program on another channel. If you can't find it, do a "re-programming" sequence in your "set up" menu -- it could be that newer channels (allocations / multiplexing) were added or changed since the time your tuner initially (last) programmed itself.

Of course, the HD feed (ch) will only be HD quality, if it's recorded (& broadcast) in HD. LOL. Luckily TV is going, more & more, in that direction.

Reaction Score
Thanks for your answer Jack. I'm in the Wallingford area and part of the Branford Comcast network. WEDH has always carried CPTV's broadcast of UCONN womens basketball and is on channels 14 and 240 (HD). When I look ahead in the on screen guide for Sunday at 2PM I see NOVA on channels 14 and 240, I see the UCONN game on channel 185 which is a non-HD channel. If you look ahead in your on screen guide do you see Sundays game on both Ch 16 an 24.1?
Thanks again for your help.

CPTV Harriet

Media Queen
Reaction Score
I assure you that CPTV is airing the game live (and in HD) on Sunday at 2pm. A new Geno Show airs at 1 and a repeat of the You Make The Call is at noon. A Tribute To The Class of 2011 follows the game.
CPTV Sports is simulcasting the game and Geno Show. They will be taking all of our games this season. All CPTV produced games will be in HD.
CPTV Sports can be found on Comcast and Cox where CTSN used to be.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
I assure you that CPTV is airing the game live (and in HD) on Sunday at 2pm. A new Geno Show airs at 1 and a repeat of the You Make The Call is at noon. A Tribute To The Class of 2011 follows the game.
CPTV Sports is simulcasting the game and Geno Show. They will be taking all of our games this season. All CPTV produced games will be in HD.
Harriet, great seeing you tonight. I tried to get your attention but you were too busy playing with your IPad!

I can't seem to find the HD version of CPTV Sports. Regular broadcast is 744.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score

Sounds great, Harriet - looking forward to the 2011 Tribute as well. Can't wait to catch the games on HoopStreams this year.

CPTV Harriet

Media Queen
Reaction Score
Harriet, great seeing you tonight. I tried to get your attention but you were too busy playing with your IPad!

I can't seem to find the HD version of CPTV Sports. Regular broadcast is 744.
Hey, DD - I did say hello! And it was great being able to be at a game for a change (you know they don't let me out often!). But, let's face it...an IPad is a beautiful thing!

While CTSN was a commercial partnership with WFSB-3, that partnership has concluded and CPTV Sports is now a not-for-profit CPTV channel - just at the beginning of it's journey. While they are producing in HD, the cable channels have not yet assigned the channel to their HD tiers. I believe it is occupying the CTSN position for the time being. HD will be coming, as will the over-the-air signal if you have an antenna (as a DirecTV customer I also have a bookshelf antenna so that I can watch the multiple channels for all of the locals, like CPTV4U). CPTV Sports has a very ambitious program schedule coming up and I think you'll find that there will be something for everyone. It will be evolving over the coming months. Stay tuned!

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Hey, DD - I did say hello! And it was great being able to be at a game for a change (you know they don't let me out often!). But, let's face it...an IPad is a beautiful thing!

While CTSN was a commercial partnership with WFSB-3, that partnership has concluded and CPTV Sports is now a not-for-profit CPTV channel - just atin the beginning of it's journey. While they are producing in HD, the cable channels have not yet assigned the channel to their HD tiers. I believe it is occupying the CTSN position for the time being. HD will be coming, as will the over-the-air signal if you have an antenna (as a DirecTV customer I also have a bookshelf antenna so that I can watch the multiple channels for all of the locals, like CPTV4U). CPTV Sports has a very ambitious program schedule coming up and I think you'll find that there will be something for everyone. It will be evolving over the coming months. Stay tuned!

Harriet, I meant after our initial hello. You were busy with John A and your IPad, looking very serious!

Thanks for the info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HassanDawg