Games in Europe | The Boneyard

Games in Europe

Reaction Score
I am really looking forward to seeing some of the games over in Europe. However, I am having trouble locking in tickets and a definitive schedule. Does anyone have inside information? I got this from using AI:
UConn men's basketball European tour:

Reaction Score
Barcelona and Real Madrid are two of the strongest teams in Europe. Cercle is one of the better French teams. Less sure about ES.

I'm guessing none of this is finalized. AI may have just made stuff up.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I looked as far as I could on the WWW and I did not find a single thing about any of those games so I am guessing it just made up a hypothetical schedule

Reaction Score
Barcelona and Real Madrid are two of the strongest teams in Europe. Cercle is one of the better French teams. Less sure about ES.

I'm guessing none of this is finalized. AI may have just made stuff up.
I'm assuming we'll play their second teams or other related development team.

Reaction Score
I looked as far as I could on the WWW and I did not find a single thing about any of those games so I am guessing it just made up a hypothetical schedule
The question is why did it include 3 European basketball powers and ES Challes-les-Eaux? Who as far as I can tell is a 2nd division amateur women's team.

Reaction Score
This is my hypothesis as well.

Reaction Score
I sent a note on the subject to the AD yesterday. They told me "no information available keep checking the website." They were similarly unhelpful in the buildup to the PKI. Too bad.

Reaction Score
I sent a note on the subject to the AD yesterday. They told me "no information available keep checking the website." They were similarly unhelpful in the buildup to the PKI. Too bad.
Thanks, they reported the same to me. They said maybe early August but the games are early August from what I know. I live in Europe so I might be able to deal with last-minute information but it is frustrating.

Reaction Score
When was the last time UConn did an overseas trip like this? I had the impression teams did this relatively infrequently but I guess I am very wrong. Jeff Goodman's list of D1 programs playing outside the USA this summer is 90 strong!! NINETY!! Includes Creighton, Xavier, Providence, and Marquette. I thought we were getting a leg up on the season, but apparently we are just keeping up with the Jones'.

Reaction Score
When was the last time UConn did an overseas trip like this? I had the impression teams did this relatively infrequently but I guess I am very wrong. Jeff Goodman's list of D1 programs playing outside the USA this summer is 90 strong!! NINETY!! Includes Creighton, Xavier, Providence, and Marquette. I thought we were getting a leg up on the season, but apparently we are just keeping up with the Jones'.
It usually is infrequent, since schools can only do it once every 4 years, and players can only do it once (so someone like Cam Spencer wouldn't have been able to play if Rutgers or Loyola Maryland had gone on an overseas trip). But with Covid happening it completely stopped 2 summers of trips, so there's been a lot of build up of teams who can now suddenly take a trip. Last year was 61 teams, this year 90, which seems about right for an every 4 years trip with 363 D1 schools

Reaction Score
Thanks, they reported the same to me. They said maybe early August but the games are early August from what I know. I live in Europe so I might be able to deal with last-minute information but it is frustrating.
The men are a long shot for me but we will be visiting my parents in Croatia for the month of August and so a women's game (the one in Zagreb) is looking very likely.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom