games archive gone? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

games archive gone?

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I guess this means that those of us who live outside the SNY range will not be able to see any regular season games any more, right?
It appears that you will no longer be able to watch the replays if this is your only way of watching SNY games.
Maybe SNY.tv is planning to add the replays to their site or have a VOD channel.
Nah, I ain't believing that.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Feel bad for those who don’t get SNY, but they do get the worst games anyways and the commentators are awful to listen to.

Reaction Score
A guy at the bar said that he was told that there was a third-party website that would air SNY games --- until this past Tuesday.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
Feel bad for those who don’t get SNY, but they do get the worst games anyways and the commentators are awful to listen to.
I beg to differ. There are no "worst" UConn WBB games to a Huskies fan, IMO. I also have no complaints about the game commentary. Again, IMO.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
I meant, of course, SNY. Living outside the country I have been delighted to be able to watch the replay of all the Husky games this and last season. If SNy content can no longer be posted, I would seem to be sol.
sol = mss (mier__ sin suerte)

Centerstream

Reaction Score
Yes it's up but as the Note on the WBB Season's pages states, no more SNY replays

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
Is there ANYTHING that can be done... letter-writing campaign? Who would that be directed to?

This is a sad day for those who have limited access to our team.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Exactly what does SNY have to lose by allowing their games to go into the archive?

Reaction Score
This is awful. Complete alienation of everyone that lives away from Connecticut.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Is SNY´s contract with UConn or the BE? When does it expire? Is is profitable for them? Anyone know?

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Maybe UConn might want to see who else might be interested in televising the Women's game when the current contract runs out. That way they can get it where UConn is authorized to rebroadcast their games on their website if it can't be done on the BY.

Reaction Score
Is SNY´s contract with UConn or the BE? When does it expire? Is is profitable for them? Anyone know?
Someone posted recently that part of UConn moving to the Big East was they would lose money staying in the AAC. Not sure of any details though.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
The only way this makes sense as an SNY business decision is if they have some near term plan to offer these game replays in an archive of their own which is behind a paywall. Maybe it would be free to people who get SNY as part of their TV programming package.

Someone should email Alexa Phillipou and suggest that she solicit a comment from SNY management about this sudden move. That might produce a more enlightening explanation.

Reaction Score
This sort of thing happens every single day. This isn't anything unique to SNY. It's why if you're going to do something like that you stay way way under the radar.

Reaction Score
FWIW it’s not illegal to have copies of the videos. Could be a fun fan project to make duplicates of each game on an external hard drive and copy them for each other to have at home. Storage space is so cheap now it’s not an expensive task.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
I would guess that it might be a copyright issue but as @tcf15 posted earlier about removing the SNY replays (paraphrasing): "Can't say much more than that."

Reaction Score
FWIW it’s not illegal to have copies of the videos. Could be a fun fan project to make duplicates of each game on an external hard drive and copy them for each other to have at home. Storage space is so cheap now it’s not an expensive task.
I do that with the games I really like. If I see one show up on youtube I immediately download it before it gets taken down. It's crazy how much content the media produces only to use it once and then lock it away in a vault never to be seen again when it would be much better to stick it on a platform like youtube where anyone could watch and they could make money off of something that would otherwise just sit around collecting dust.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Right now, see 2019-2020 and 2020-2021. Wlll prior years (without SNY) be added in time?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom