Gamers? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Gamers?

Reaction Score
@ZooCougar So I finally just now finished this book. That was a really fun and scary read. All the 80's stuff brought back SO many memories for me. I really appreciate you recommending it to me.
Yea that whole book was one huge nostalgia trip, should make the visuals of the movie pretty awesome one with our think. I've got faith Spielberg can pull it off though.

The stakes kept racheting up throughout and there were some dark moments for some of the ancillary characters but it legit scared you?

Reaction Score
Yea that whole book was one huge nostalgia trip, should make the visuals of the movie pretty awesome one with our think. I've got faith Spielberg can pull it off though.

The stakes kept racheting up throughout and there were some dark moments for some of the ancillary characters but it legit scared you?

Not as in BOO scared but that a future like that could happen. As Zoo said, lots of folks already live their lives on line. Its not too many more steps to this book. The way the character get SO wrapped up in the OASIS. When he gets hit apartment and never leaves for 6 months, and all the rest he does while there ( dont want to spoil for those who may not have read it ).

Reaction Score
Not as in BOO scared but that a future like that could happen. As Zoo said, lots of folks already live their lives on line. Its not too many more steps to this book. The way the character get SO wrapped up in the OASIS. When he gets hit apartment and never leaves for 6 months, and all the rest he does while there ( dont want to spoil for those who may not have read it ).
Ah yes, I got ya. Completely plausible.

Reaction Score
@ZooCougar So I finally just now finished this book. That was a really fun and scary read. All the 80's stuff brought back SO many memories for me. I really appreciate you recommending it to me.

Let's hope the movie is good too! Too bad Spielberg removed references to his work.

Reaction Score

And Ecommerce getting faster and cheaper every day.

Reaction Score
Let's hope the movie is good too! Too bad Spielberg removed references to his work.

Yeah I am curious to see how he pulls off the last few chapters. There is a ton of visual stuff in there I am interested to see on the big screen.

Reaction Score
Currently following the Pokemon Switch rumormill. It's every bit as crazy as recruiting gets.

Reaction Score
And the Pokemon insiders seem to be better than the Dude of West Virginia and Flug

https://twitter.com/Pokemon/status/1001622574130872320

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Attention, Trainers! A Pokémon press conference is about to begin in Tokyo, Japan. You’ll want to turn your notifications on for this! Follow along today for exciting Pokémon news! <a href="https://post original url/vBDwhMl0Gw">pic.twitter.com/vBDwhMl0Gw</a></p>&mdash; Pokémon (@Pokemon) <a href="">May 30, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Reaction Score
Bethesda just dropped the trailer for Fallout 76. Looks like it could be interesting.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I just started playing State of Decay 2 last week. It's a huge time suck, but keeps drawing me back. There's no rest really and mistakes are pretty permanent (no stored saves you can return to). I suppose that is necessary to approximate the zombie apocalypse.

I played the first game, and this is better, but some of my preconceptions hurt me early on. It's a fun game that combines strategy and long term thinking with RPG and first person combat.

Reaction Score
I have a couple friends that play that one and love it. I am still playing major hours a week of Rainbow 6 though. And have started playing on the PC more and more. FPS games were made for mouse and keyboard. Its really tough going back to the console and the analog controller after playing on PC.

Reaction Score
Bethesda just dropped the trailer for Fallout 76. Looks like it could be interesting.
It was a much better reveal than Pokemon... There are grown men throwing temper tantrums over a kids game right now and yet I almost think Nintendo deserves it lol

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Ready Player Two was released around Thanksgiving, I just got it from the library and am starting on it. Looks like this one is gonna shift the nostalgia to 90s/early 2000s.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I'm taking a new look at the Oculus Quest 2 recommended by @August_West. I don't think I'd get it just for games, but saw some reports that it is really cool for watching IMAX style movies among other things. I think that could make it worth the investment.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom