Gamers? | The Boneyard

Gamers?

Reaction Score
Any gamers on this board? I see tons of movie and TV chat but not much on games.

Reaction Score
Ha! Trust me, I'd rather be playing video games. I can't wait for my kids to be older so I can use the excuse of spending time with them to play again.

You need an excuse? I just tell my wife that men basically mature out at 12 years old and she cant expect too much. I have 2 sons that are helping me prove my point every day.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Ebbs and flows for me... so I guess that makes me a pretty casual gamer.

PC Gaming from late 80s through late 90s then I fell off.

For game systems... my progression was NES, SNES...(big break while I was on a PC)... PS2, Wii, PS3, and an Xbox One that I had for 4 months before ditching (Forza was fun though). Now I've come full circle with an NES Classic. :) My 2 year old means I don't play as much as I'd like right now but at some point it will be cool for us to game together.

Reaction Score
Yeah the wife and I used to love PC games like Simtower and Simcity back in the day. We would leave that sucker running all night to build up the places. She still games as much or more than myself and the kids. And its still sim PC type of games. She plays one now called Stardew Valley. Very odd game. For months she played Fallout 4 and has built some insane structures on there.

JCSuperstar

Garbage Time All Star
Reaction Score
Like most people that grew up with PC gaming, I buy everything during the big Steam sales, but never end up playing most of it because I have more money than time.

Lately I've been playing a lot of Rocket League. It's the most fun I've had playing a competitive game since Quake. I'm into neither soccer nor cars, but somehow they made a game about soccer playing cars tons of fun with layers of depth that keep the game interesting as you get better.

Reaction Score
Like most people that grew up with PC gaming, I buy everything during the big Steam sales, but never end up playing most of it because I have more money than time.

Lately I've been playing a lot of Rocket League. It's the most fun I've had playing a competitive game since Quake. I'm into neither soccer nor cars, but somehow they made a game about soccer playing cars tons of fun with layers of depth that keep the game interesting as you get better.

We got that one free on our PS4 about 2 years ago. Its a great little game for what it is. My boys love that one.

Reaction Score
Yes. My name is Mano and I am a gamer.

PS4 mainly, my XBone doesn't get much action. I go way back, NES, Turbo Grafx-16, SNES, Genesis, Saturn, PS1, N64, Dreamcast, PS2, Xbox, Gamecube, PS3, Wii, PS4, XB1 and the few hundred odd games I have, oh and a Vita, GBA and DS. Honestly I'm more of a collector than a gamer these days what with a newborn and all. I still browse CAG all the time for pricedrops and deals. And I'm constantly reading about whats coming out and who's making what. I wanted to make it a career once upon a time. I'm not a PC gamer at all but I still read up on it as lines are blurring all the time between console and PC development.

More recently I've been splitting my time between Overwatch, COD, and Valkyria Chronicles Remastered. I don't really limit myself to any particular genres, but I don't really play sports games these days (not since the 2K series on Dreamcast) or fighting games. Mano_CMG on PSN if you want to add me.

Reaction Score
Yeah the wife and I used to love PC games like Simtower and Simcity back in the day. We would leave that sucker running all night to build up the places. She still games as much or more than myself and the kids. And its still sim PC type of games. She plays one now called Stardew Valley. Very odd game. For months she played Fallout 4 and has built some insane structures on there.

Also your wife sounds awesome.

Reaction Score
Yes. My name is Mano and I am a gamer.

PS4 mainly, my XBone doesn't get much action. I go way back, NES, Turbo Grafx-16, SNES, Genesis, Saturn, PS1, N64, Dreamcast, PS2, Xbox, Gamecube, PS3, Wii, PS4, XB1 and the few hundred odd games I have, oh and a Vita, GBA and DS. Honestly I'm more of a collector than a gamer these days what with a newborn and all. I still browse CAG all the time for pricedrops and deals. And I'm constantly reading about whats coming out and who's making what. I wanted to make it a career once upon a time. I'm not a PC gamer at all but I still read up on it as lines are blurring all the time between console and PC development.

More recently I've been splitting my time between Overwatch, COD, and Valkyria Chronicles Remastered. I don't really limit myself to any particular genres, but I don't really play sports games these days (not since the 2K series on Dreamcast) or fighting games. Mano_CMG on PSN if you want to add me.

Nice. I started with the Atari 2600 myself, my neighbor had the first colecovision on our block one Xmas. Had the 5200 not long after that and on to the original NES. Mario 3 is still one of my ATF games. Went with a PS2 for a while, Xbox 360, DS, Wii, all that crap. Today its mostly the Xbox one but the PS4 still sees plenty of action.

I could play Skyrim for days, love that freaking game. I have recently really gotten into one called Rainbow 6 Siege. Very cool and very realistic. Unlike a ton of FPS games where you just duck down to the side and heal up, this one isnt like that at all. If you are shot, you are shot. You can get " knocked down " at times and be revived by team mates but its not as common as just getting shot to death. Its a blast and a real challenge.

Reaction Score
Also your wife sounds awesome.

She's the best. She works late, bartender, so when she gets home at 11 or so that is her wind down time. I have gotten up at 3 to take a piss and found her building freaking stuff on Fallout. She is actually level 110 or something on there, and 70% of it comes from the building portion. Its nuts.

Reaction Score
Nice. I started with the Atari 2600 myself, my neighbor had the first colecovision on our block one Xmas. Had the 5200 not long after that and on to the original NES. Mario 3 is still one of my ATF games. Went with a PS2 for a while, Xbox 360, DS, Wii, all that crap. Today its mostly the Xbox one but the PS4 still sees plenty of action.

I could play Skyrim for days, love that freaking game. I have recently really gotten into one called Rainbow 6 Siege. Very cool and very realistic. Unlike a ton of FPS games where you just duck down to the side and heal up, this one isnt like that at all. If you are shot, you are shot. You can get " knocked down " at times and be revived by team mates but its not as common as just getting shot to death. Its a blast and a real challenge.
Yea, the Atari's, Coleco's and Intellivision's were just a little before my time. I did get familiarized with them in later years when my brother and cousin went on a tag sale rampage trying to collect as many as possible.

Skyrim is pretty amazing and I'll probably restart and try to finish it whenever I pick up the remastered one for PS4. I think I must've sunk about 50 hours (a pittance for that game, I know) just doing whatever quests and dungeons I came across without even making it very far in the story. Siege looks fun, and I'll probably grab that too once it inevitably drops to $10 or whatever come Black Friday. Those ultra cooperative games are always so much better with guys you play with together regularly, sadly I'm the sole gamer of my friend group.

My brother is also a bartender (Zen Bar anyone?), he used to come home wired like your wife and game or watch movies till all hours. I'm not sure how much time Bethesda thinks we people have on our hands for their games though.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
She's the best. She works late, bartender, so when she gets home at 11 or so that is her wind down time. I have gotten up at 3 to take a piss and found her building freaking stuff on Fallout. She is actually level 110 or something on there, and 70% of it comes from the building portion. Its nuts.

I struggle with building on Fallout 4. I took a break from that and I'm playing Dragon Age Inquisition. Have played various games on and off going back to Pong. I'd say that's safely the beginning. Had a Coleco system, Atari, Nintendo (still have my 64 at our house in Vermont), XBox, and XBox One. I mostly like RPGs, and FPS games make me naseous in about an hour (Fallout can too). I loved playing the Lego games with my daughter back before she became a teenager who's too cool for that. She does like playing the N64 games up in Vermont though. I think I'll get some new ones since we're going up for Easter.

Reaction Score
I struggle with building on Fallout 4. I took a break from that and I'm playing Dragon Age Inquisition. Have played various games on and off going back to Pong. I'd say that's safely the beginning. Had a Coleco system, Atari, Nintendo (still have my 64 at our house in Vermont), XBox, and XBox One. I mostly like RPGs, and FPS games make me naseous in about an hour (Fallout can too). I loved playing the Lego games with my daughter back before she became a teenager who's too cool for that. She does like playing the N64 games up in Vermont though. I think I'll get some new ones since we're going up for Easter.

Oh man, PONG. I can remember buying that at tag sales for like $0.50 and playing with my friends for freaking hours. The building can be odd, and frustrating. That is how the wife got started on it, I was tired of it and she offered to do that as long as I did all the fighting and stuff. Soon after I couldnt get her to stop playing on my damn account so I had her start her own and off she went. I get her to the point where she has Strong as a follower and her difficulty is on easy so she wont get killed too often when things come up. Since she started on this Stardew thing I dont think she has played Fallout once. Good thing for me is that this one is a PC game, so I get to play at the same time she does. Win win.

All three of mine LOVE those Lego games as silly as they are. Its good because you can play together, and its hard enough to get them to all exist peacefully together under one roof. Another win! My oldest is 17 and her BF plays tons of FPS games so she has now started in on those to keep up with him. I am not allowed to play on line with him however as she thinks it would be " weird " for her. :rolleyes:

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
FIFA and I was really good but I retired a couple of years ago.

Reaction Score
I haven't played a game in a while but I will probably pick up the Nintendo Switch when it drops a little (its not bad as is @ 299). My favorite gaming experience ever was Ocarina of Time and I have heard the new one is just as good, and a similar feel. Reviews have said it will make you feel like a kid playing OAT again. Sounds good to me.

Reaction Score
I haven't played a game in a while but I will probably pick up the Nintendo Switch when it drops a little (its not bad as is @ 299). My favorite gaming experience ever was Ocarina of Time and I have heard the new one is just as good, and a similar feel. Reviews have said it will make you feel like a kid playing OAT again. Sounds good to me.

I found a switch after weeks of searching. I'm about 20 hours into BOTW and it is shaping up to be the best game I've ever played. It's a similar feeling to Grand Theft Auto San Andreas and Ocarina of Time as in you know it's special and will influence other things to come. It has given me really high hopes for the new Mario as well. That is supposed to be Mario 64/Sunshine-esque and if they do half as good of a job on it as they have Zelda, it will be another hit.

Reaction Score
I found a switch after weeks of searching. I'm about 20 hours into BOTW and it is shaping up to be the best game I've ever played. It's a similar feeling to Grand Theft Auto San Andreas and Ocarina of Time as in you know it's special and will influence other things to come. It has given me really high hopes for the new Mario as well. That is supposed to be Mario 64/Sunshine-esque and if they do half as good of a job on it as they have Zelda, it will be another hit.

goshdarn I am giddy like a schoolkid again.

Reaction Score
goshdarn I am giddy like a schoolkid again.
you should be. I don't really play video games often but this has me completely engrossed. Usually I play maybe 4 or 5 hours per week. I played this for 10 hours the other day

Reaction Score
I played all of the Metal Gear Solid games religiously. I also play FIFA a bit, but only in career mode. It basically replaced the niche I had for NCAA Football.

I tried to get into Assassin's Creed, but I found free roam to directionless and repetitive. I was playing MechWarrior Online (PC Game) for a bit. The old MechWarrior games are still my favorite games of all time.

Right now I am distracted by a pay to win phone game called "Ark of War". Attacking Chinese and Russian players is strangely fulfilling. Avoid this game at all costs though. Seriously.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Ha! Trust me, I'd rather be playing video games. I can't wait for my kids to be older so I can use the excuse of spending time with them to play again.

You are going to find you can't play crap these days. If you didn't grow up on first person shooters with a 500 button controller, you are foocked.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Nice. I started with the Atari 2600 myself, my neighbor had the first colecovision on our block one Xmas. Had the 5200 not long after that and on to the original NES. Mario 3 is still one of my ATF .

2600 remains to this day one of the best gaming system around. And NES. And SNES. Everything after that still trying to measure up. :D

Reaction Score
You are going to find you can't play crap these days. If you didn't grow up on first person shooters with a 500 button controller, you are foocked.

Its not too bad but no where near as good as these younger guys today. I hold my own unless I run into some 12 year olds, then its over.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom