Gameday UConn vs SMU | The Boneyard

Gameday UConn vs SMU

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
If UConn's schedule could be described as a meal, this game would be the final "appetizer" before the first main course of a 4 course meal (Baylor on Thursday). SMU (6-6) hosts UConn (11-0) today as UConn continues its farewell tour of the American Athletic Conference. This could be a "trap game" if UConn is unable to maintain their focus on the game on front of them. Today's game deserves ALL of their undivided attention.

Site: Moody Coliseum
Time: 4 p.m.
Series: UConn leads, 10-0
Last meeting: No. 3 UConn 79, SMU 39, Storrs, Conn., on Jan. 23, 2019
TV: SNY/ESPN3
Radio: UConn IMG Sports Network on 97.9 ESPN

In final tune-up before Baylor, No. 1 UConn women look to master the little things in road matchup at SMU - Hartford Courant

"If Thursday’s game against Wichita State showed anything, it was that this year’s Huskies still have a ways to go in perfecting the little things. The final score might not have indicated such — after all, UConn won by 28 points to remain undefeated this season and perfect in AAC play — but for stretches of the first quarter and the second half, UConn looked night-and-day different from the last time it stepped on the court, a resounding rout of Oklahoma."

Full Article

UConn women’s basketball vs. SMU: time, how to watch, broadcasters, preview »

[SMU roster]

Last edited:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I want to see them come out like this is a NCAA Tourney Game and absolutely crush SMU. In order to bring your A game a player has to psych herself well before the whistle blows.

Reaction Score
whatmeworry.jpg

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
If UConn's schedule could be described as a meal, this game would be the final "appetizer" before the first main course of a 4 course meal (Baylor on Thursday).
Will UConn be having their Bear sautéed, flambeed or frikaseed? :rolleyes:

Carnac

Reaction Score

Rayvin, this is funny, but I think you've got too much time on your hands. I wonder what Alfred E would think of this, mocking his likeness like that? :confused: However your point is well taken. ;) UConn has a few things to clean up after the last game BEFORE they confront Baylor.

Last edited:

Carnac

Reaction Score
Will UConn be having their Bear sautéed, flambeed or frikaseed? :rolleyes:

IF they (UConn) is serving the meal, it doesn't matter (I'll take a win against Baylor anyway I can get it), as long as we're doing the serving. Now on the other hand, if THEY are doing the "serving" (they're giving us a whupping), that's different, and I hope that is not the case.

South Carolina "served" them their first loss of the year back in November with a 15 point loss on a neutral court. I'd like to think we're as good (if not better) as the Gamecocks. Game on!! :)

Last edited:

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I'd love to see a 40-50 point smackdown. Win each quarter by 12-15 points. 30-35 minutes of really good basketball. This team continues to move in the right direction, but it seems like 3 steps forward, and then 1 step back at times.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom