GAMEDAY - UConn hosts DePaul 7:00 p.m. ET SNY | Page 2 | The Boneyard

GAMEDAY - UConn hosts DePaul 7:00 p.m. ET SNY

Reaction Score
Carnac, thanks for this info. Seems we have no idea who plays tonight and because of this your prediction for Azzi's high scoring may be in reach. Once again the sear all-knowing and informed may have the real lowdown on Azzi scoring 38 points in a game. I salute you. I hope your prediction comes to pass. :rolleyes:
If they get her the ball as the first option, as the mainstay of the offense, they will win, if they don't they won't. If CD plays, she has to be co-equal with Azzi. The team can no longer be senior dominated on offense. They have proven that they are offensively flawed without CD or Azzi or Paige. Even Ono will not overcome that.

Reaction Score
If Dorka, Caroline and Liv are out Morrow will crush our front line. We will need both Pia and Amari and neither will be able to stop her if they allow the same fouls they allowed last game. Gotta think De Paul would be favored in that scenario. It seems that AE gets called for fouls for even looking at other players while Morrow bashes people up aside the head and gets away with it. Seriously. One is a rampaging bull and the other one is walking around on egg shells. If Depauls' 3 point shooting is good it's going to be a long game.

Reaction Score
I'd love to see Caroline post up her guard opponent more while Azzi is in shooting position. That helps the rebounding as well as cutting the double team. If you know Azzi is option A to shoot, develop the rebounding options for it.

Reaction Score
Geno may have to throw Amari or Piath to the wolves, but he also has had time to plan for that. Dorka will be missed, even if she plays with an injured foot at less than 100%, because she was pretty effective against Morrow in Chicago-- really more so than Olivia or Edwards. But hampered by injury? Not so much. If Dorka, Caroline and Olivia are all out tonight, somebody will have to play Morrow tightly and risk fouling out. Geno has two players who could accumulate fouls against Morrow and still have Aaliyah but Aaliyah will have to play without fouling much. She's done it before, she can do it again.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Geno may have to throw Amari or Piath to the wolves, but he also has had time to plan for that. Dorka will be missed, even if she plays with an injured foot at less than 100%, because she was pretty effective against Morrow in Chicago-- really more so than Olivia or Edwards. But hampered by injury? Not so much. If Dorka, Caroline and Olivia are all out tonight, somebody will have to play Morrow tightly and risk fouling out. Geno has two players who could accumulate fouls against Morrow and still have Aaliyah but Aaliyah will have to play without fouling much. She's done it before, she can do it again.
Geno has 4 BIGS. Two of them are out for this game. He'll probably start Aaliyah at the 5. He has no one else to back her up but Amari. Edwards is too foul prone to play 40 minutes. Geno is going have to play Amari or Piath whether he wants to or not.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
SIgh. Yeah, they are 9, 7, and 7. ❤️
Question on FOX streaming via Fire Stick - are the games available on replay? We've got a 3 grandkid sleepover tonight and our tv will most likely be on Disney+ or .....

I fixed it for you. ;) I've got a 27 month old in the house. She dominates MY TV when she's in the living room or the wife's TV when she goes into the den.
Well @Carnac, "we" managed to watch the whole game, although the me part of we had to take the granddogs back to their house as they don't do sleepovers (yet), and a rambunctious 9 y/o that was more interested in (waving hands) everything else, except for an occasional Go UConn, go white team. I'm probably going to watch the replay later today just to bask in its glory.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Well @Carnac, "we" managed to watch the whole game, although the me part of we had to take the granddogs back to their house as they don't do sleepovers (yet), and a rambunctious 9 y/o that was more interested in (waving hands) everything else, except for an occasional Go UConn, go white team. I'm probably going to watch the replay later today just to bask in its glory.
I’m going to watch it again today too. That was a fun game to watch as our team played the way we wanted and expected them to.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom