GAMEDAY - UConn hosts DePaul 7:00 p.m. ET SNY | The Boneyard

GAMEDAY - UConn hosts DePaul 7:00 p.m. ET SNY

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
UConn (15-5, 9-1) host the DePaul Blue Demons (19-6, 11-3) tonight at 7:00 p.m. eastern time. The game will be televised on SNY TV. DePaul beat Providence 88-67 in the team's last outing on Sunday, led by Deja Church's team-high 20 points. UConn averages 71.6 points per game, 4.4 fewer than the 76 DePaul allows per contest. The Huskies are 4-0 this season when they do score over 76 points.

The Huskies are outshooting their opponents from the field this season, averaging 47.1 percent from the field per game against their opponents' average of 37.4 percent. When UConn outshoots its season average, the Huskies are 8-0 this year. DePaul enters the matchup scoring an average of 89.1 points per game, 29.7 more than the 59.4 UConn surrenders per contest. The Blue Demons are 15-2 in games where they score over 59 points. In the 2021-22 campaign, the Blue Demons are averaging 19.4 assists and 14.2 turnovers per game. When DePaul has a better assist-to-turnover ratio than its season mark of 1.37, the Blue Demons are 12-0.

Olivia Nelson-Ododa leads UConn in both rebounds and assists, grabbing 8.2 boards and dishing out 4.1 assists per game while scoring 10.0 points per contest. Christyn Williams leads the Huskies in scoring and averages 15.2 points per game. Caroline Ducharme has a 30 percent shooting percentage from deep and paces the squad in made threes per game, knocking down 1.5 three-pointers per contest.

Aneesah Morrow is DePaul's top scorer, tallying 20.1 points a contest, and leading rebounder with 13.5 rebounds per game. Sonya Morris averages 18.4 points, 3.5 assists and 1.5 steals for the Blue Demons, while Held averages 14.3 points, 5.8 assists and 2.3 steals per game. DePaul's three-point shooting attack is led by Lexi Held, who averages 2.3 made three-pointers per game while hitting 44 percent of her shots from downtown.

Here's the skinny on tonight's game:
Site:
Gampel Pavilion (16,294)
Time: 7:00 p.m. ET
Series: UConn leads, 20-1
Last meeting: No. 10 UConn defeated DePaul 80-78 on Jan. 26 in Chicago
TV: SNY (Meghan Culmo, Allen Bestwick, Maria Marino)
Stream: In-market SNY viewers with access to the network can watch via the NBC Sports app: http://stream.nbcsports.com/rsn/sny. Out-of-market viewers can watch on the Fox Sports App or at https://www.foxsports.com/ as well as on the Fox Now app or at www.fox.com/sports. The games might not appear on those sites until right around tipoff.
Radio: The River 105.9 and the Varsity radio app (Bob Joyce, Debbie Fiske) Pregame show begins at 6:30 pm.

DePaul Roster - Head coach Doug Bruno (36th year)
DePaul Game Notes and Stats

DePaul probable starters, sixth man:
Aneesah Morrow, F, 6-1, Fr.; Deja Church, G, 5-10, Gr.; Lexi Held, G, 5-10, Sr.; Sonya Morris, G, 5-10, Sr.; Darrione Rogers, G, 5-11, So.; Kierra Collier, G, 5-6, Jr.

UConn Roster - Head coach Geno Auriemma (37th year)
UConn game Notes and Stats

UConn probable starters, sixth man:
Dorka Juhász, F, 6-5, Gr.; Evina Westbrook, G, 6-0, R-Sr.; Nika Mühl, G, 5-10, So.; Aaliyah Edwards, F, 6-3, So.; Christyn Williams, G, 5-11, Sr.; Azzi Fudd, G, 5-11, Fr.

1644597343315.png

Husky Bytes -
UConn women’s basketball back in Bridgeport regional as No. 3 seed in NCAA committee’s second top-16 reveal

Williams named to 2022 Naismith Trophy midseason team
UConn WBB Weekly: Everything that’s gone wrong with the Huskies this season
After a career day, Azzi Fudd becomes the latest UConn freshman to burn Tennessee
UConn women’s basketball hasn’t lost consecutive games since 1993. That streak is at stake Friday.
UConn women seek bounce-back performance tonight against DePaul

Azzi Fudd was named the BIG EAST Freshman of the Week Monday after averaging 17.5 points and 57.1 percent shooting in wins over Creighton and Tennessee last week. • The Huskies have been plagued by a number of ailments this season with eight players missing at least one game with either an injury or illness. UConn has had eight different starting lineups this season. • The Huskies are ranked No. 8 in the latest AP Poll. UConn’s streak of 305 straight weeks in the top 10 was broken following the team’s loss to Louisville. The Huskies have been ranked in the AP Poll for 540 straight weeks

Geno's Villanova post-game presser

Big East Conference WBB latest news
Big East standings through Feb 10, 2022
AP/Coaches top 25 poll - Week 14

Next up for UConn -

Marquette_.png

FEB 13 (SUN) 2:30 PM ET
@ Marquette University
MILWAUKEE, WIS. / AL MCGUIRE ARENA
TV: FOX (not FS1)
RADIO: UConn sports network and the Varsity Radio App.

Attachments

• 1644597301601.png
    1644597301601.png
    338.8 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
UConn (15-5, 9-1) host the DePaul Blue Demons (19-6, 11-3) tonight at 7:00 p.m. eastern time. The game will be televised on SNY TV. DePaul beat Providence 88-67 in the team's last outing on Sunday, led by Deja Church's team-high 20 points. UConn averages 71.6 points per game, 4.4 fewer than the 76 DePaul allows per contest. The Huskies are 4-0 this season when they do score over 76 points.

The Huskies are outshooting their opponents from the field this season, averaging 47.1 percent from the field per game against their opponents' average of 37.4 percent. When UConn outshoots its season average, the Huskies are 8-0 this year. DePaul enters the matchup scoring an average of 89.1 points per game, 29.7 more than the 59.4 UConn surrenders per contest. The Blue Demons are 15-2 in games where they score over 59 points. In the 2021-22 campaign, the Blue Demons are averaging 19.4 assists and 14.2 turnovers per game. When DePaul has a better assist-to-turnover ratio than its season mark of 1.37, the Blue Demons are 12-0.

Olivia Nelson-Ododa leads UConn in both rebounds and assists, grabbing 8.2 boards and dishing out 4.1 assists per game while scoring 10.0 points per contest. Christyn Williams leads the Huskies in scoring and averages 15.2 points per game. Caroline Ducharme has a 30 percent shooting percentage from deep and paces the squad in made threes per game, knocking down 1.5 three-pointers per contest.

Aneesah Morrow is DePaul's top scorer, tallying 20.1 points a contest, and leading rebounder with 13.5 rebounds per game. Sonya Morris averages 18.4 points, 3.5 assists and 1.5 steals for the Blue Demons, while Held averages 14.3 points, 5.8 assists and 2.3 steals per game. DePaul's three-point shooting attack is led by Lexi Held, who averages 2.3 made three-pointers per game while hitting 44 percent of her shots from downtown.

Here's the skinny on tonight's game:
Site:
Gampel Pavilion (16,294)
Time: 7:00 p.m. ET
Series: UConn leads, 20-1
Last meeting: No. 10 UConn defeated DePaul 80-78 on Jan. 26 in Chicago
TV: SNY (Meghan Culmo, Allen Bestwick, Maria Marino)
Stream: In-market SNY viewers with access to the network can watch via the NBC Sports app: http://stream.nbcsports.com/rsn/sny. Out-of-market viewers can watch on the Fox Sports App or at https://www.foxsports.com/ as well as on the Fox Now app or at www.fox.com/sports. The games might not appear on those sites until right around tipoff.
Radio: The River 105.9 and the Varsity radio app (Bob Joyce, Debbie Fiske) Pregame show begins at 6:30 pm.

DePaul Roster - Head coach Doug Bruno (36th year)
DePaul Game Notes and Stats

DePaul probable starters, sixth man:
Aneesah Morrow, F, 6-1, Fr.; Deja Church, G, 5-10, Gr.; Lexi Held, G, 5-10, Sr.; Sonya Morris, G, 5-10, Sr.; Darrione Rogers, G, 5-11, So.; Kierra Collier, G, 5-6, Jr.

UConn Roster - Head coach Geno Auriemma (37th year)
UConn game Notes and Stats

UConn probable starters, sixth man:
Dorka Juhász, F, 6-5, Gr.; Evina Westbrook, G, 6-0, R-Sr.; Nika Mühl, G, 5-10, So.; Aaliyah Edwards, F, 6-3, So.; Christyn Williams, G, 5-11, Sr.; Azzi Fudd, G, 5-11, Fr.

View attachment 73200

Husky Bytes -
UConn women’s basketball back in Bridgeport regional as No. 3 seed in NCAA committee’s second top-16 reveal

WILLIAMS NAMED TO 2022 NAISMITH TROPHY MIDSEASON TEAM
UConn WBB Weekly: Everything that’s gone wrong with the Huskies this season
After a career day, Azzi Fudd becomes the latest UConn freshman to burn Tennessee
UConn women’s basketball hasn’t lost consecutive games since 1993. That streak is at stake Friday.
UConn women seek bounce-back performance tonight against DePaul

Azzi Fudd was named the BIG EAST Freshman of the Week Monday after averaging 17.5 points and 57.1 percent shooting in wins over Creighton and Tennessee last week. • The Huskies have been plagued by a number of ailments this season with eight players missing at least one game with either an injury or illness. UConn has had eight different starting lineups this season. • The Huskies are ranked No. 8 in the latest AP Poll. UConn’s streak of 305 straight weeks in the top 10 was broken following the team’s loss to Louisville. The Huskies have been ranked in the AP Poll for 540 straight weeks

Geno's Villanova post-game presser

Big East Conference WBB latest news
Big East standings through Feb 10, 2022
AP/Coaches top 25 poll

Next up for UConn -

Marquette_.png

FEB 13 (SUN) 2:30 PM ET
@ Marquette University
MILWAUKEE, WIS. / AL MCGUIRE ARENA
TV: FOX (not FS1)
RADIO: UConn sports network and the Varsity Radio App.

Carnac, thanks for this info. Seems we have no idea who plays tonight and because of this your prediction for Azzi's high scoring may be in reach. Once again the sear all-knowing and informed may have the real lowdown on Azzi scoring 38 points in a game. I salute you. I hope your prediction comes to pass. :rolleyes:

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
With zero mention of Liv and CD I assume that neither will play tonight.

Marquette on Super Sunday at 2:30 on Fox?

Carnac

Reaction Score

Yes, on FOX, not FS1.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Question on FOX streaming via Fire Stick - are the games available on replay? We've got a 3 grandkid sleepover tonight and our tv will most likely be on Disney+ or .....

Carnac

Reaction Score
Carnac, thanks for this info. Seems we have no idea who plays tonight and because of this your prediction for Azzi's high scoring may be in reach. Once again the sear all-knowing and informed may have the real lowdown on Azzi scoring 38 points in a game. I salute you. I hope your prediction comes to pass. :rolleyes:
Bob Joyce always gives us the starting line ups on his pregame radio program, as does the studio pregame show on SNY. We won't know for sure until then.

Carnac

Reaction Score
Question on FOX streaming via Fire Stick - are the games available on replay? We've got a 3 grandkid sleepover tonight and our tv will most likely be on Disney+ or .....

I fixed it for you. ;) I've got a 27 month old in the house. She dominates MY TV when she's in the living room or the wife's TV when she goes into the den.

Reaction Score

Pretty sure no one knows that answer except Geno. And will be made public before the game.

Reaction Score
The thing is, Nobody knows about Caroline or Liv for tonight. The horde hasn't gotten (or shared) any inside scoop... "the silence is deafening" (as they say).. I believe/suspect/anticipate/hope (pick your word) that Liv will play tonight...maybe not Caroline, but I sure hope so.
Is this all to keep DePaul guessing???

Go Huskies

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score

I fixed it for you. ;) I've got a 27 month old in the house. She dominates MY TV when she's in the living room or the wife's TV when she goes into the den.
SIgh. Yeah, they are 9, 7, and 7. ❤️

Reaction Score
Just read on Volnation that Olivia, Caroline, and Dorka will not play tonight. Volnation, of all places. Is this true, or just wishful thinking? If it's true, how do they get the information first?

Reaction Score
Two misc. points about tonight's game:
-Even if Caroline plays, don't expect her to be 100%. I have coached a number of players that needed 2-3 games to get their bearings after head injuries. No idea of the extent of her injury and wishing her the best, just hoping all the pressure doesn't fall to her.
-While I have not been able to guarantee much for any UConn game, I can guarantee that after Morrow's last game against UConn, she will not be left alone. Expect UConn to pick her up as she leaves the locker room.

Reaction Score
Just read on Volnation that Olivia, Caroline, and Dorka will not play tonight. Volnation, of all places. Is this true, or just wishful thinking? If it's true, how do they get the information first?
I believe it was speculation presented as fact. It is a Tennessee forum after all.
They constantly project bad things are going to happen to UConn's women's basketball team. It's what they do.
Maybe those 3 won't play tonight but there's been no official word that I know of.

Reaction Score
Probably just another one of their long threads on how to beat someone...that they couldn't beat. They have more postings on UCONN than their own team. So, there's that.

Reaction Score
After doing a little research:
It was posted by a UConn fan on VolNation.
He, evidently, got the info from a UConn forum, but not this one.
Again, evidently, he took as accurate, a post on the other UConn forum made by one of it's members that said member read a pregame report made by a UCONN blogger.
I have not been able to find any info confirming who is or isn't playing tonight.
Considering how convoluted the trail.is, I suggest waiting for official word.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I was concerned we did not have a pregame presser with Villanova and I hope this does not repeat against Depaul. What is the deal?

Reaction Score
I was concerned we did not have a pregame presser with Villanova and I hope this does not repeat against Depaul. What is the deal?
Why is this concerning? Most games do not have one especially in January and February where there are 2-3 games a week.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Why is this concerning? Most games do not have one especially in January and February where there are 2-3 games a week.
Ok. This clarifies it. Especially Wed, Fri, Sunday

Reaction Score
Ok. This clarifies it. Especially Wed, Fri, Sunday
Also if they are practicing tomorrow before leaving for Marquette, you may get what you're looking for then. I believe last week's was also on Saturday before the Tennessee game.

Reaction Score
From the last game someone posted seeing Dorka limping into the locker room. So I figured she reinsured her foot and would not be available tonight. CD I thought would be back by now. Ono have no clue what is going on. At Geno's presser last game he seemed perplexed saying Ono told she was not available tonight. That's all I know.

Reaction Score
I didn't want to get specific in my post about who was involved from the other forums.
[ ]
Um... sorry...

but
a. I had no idea...which I suspect was intended., and
b. I identified posters so those who will undoubtedly double check my research will be able to do so a little easier.

The biggest issue is the unknowns and ambiguity of the available roster tonight... attempting to keep it clear that this is still a unknown... despite what is being posted elsewhere.

Last edited by a moderator:

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
All of the rumors, true or not
will have a major effect on that smallish but growing number
of persons who gamble on woman's BB...(not me)

My impression (more rumors) was that UConn was favored by 10
Absurd if Geno is faced with Amari and Piath as his "bench."

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom