Gameday Traditions | The Boneyard

Gameday Traditions

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
The board is cluttered with talk of Syracuse and Kentucky. I do not like this.

So what do you guys do before/after a game? Usually it is to J. Timothy's or the like for friends and I.

Reaction Score

So what do you guys do before/after a game? Usually it is to J. Timothy's or the like for friends and I.

I usually drink beer before a game and then, God and Kevin Ollie willing, get a post-game victory blowjob from the Missus.

Reaction Score
John is slowly becoming my hero......

J Timothy's is good for the double baked wings and a few cold one's.......

Or Chi Sam's (Enfield or the formerly Rookies/Cromwell) for a few...........

I want to begin to end my post-game ritual with John's wife though from here on in so can you get him to J Timothy's with you????;)

CTBasketball

Reaction Score
John is slowly becoming my hero......

J Timothy's is good for the double baked wings and a few cold one's.......

Or Chi Sam's (Enfield or the formerly Rookies/Cromwell) for a few...........

I want to begin to end my post-game ritual with John's wife though from here on in so can you get him to J Timothy's with you????;)

Of course! J Tim's is a place with a lot of good wings. Enough for everybody. Except people who leave the Big East.

Reaction Score
Of course! J Tim's is a place with a lot of good wings. Enough for everybody. Except people who leave the Big East.

J. Tims is good - so is Archie Moores for wings.

Reaction Score
J. Tims is good - so is Archie Moores for wings.

By the way, the most over-rated wings are Hooters - they actually are on that borderline of sucking, I've tried them several times and they are always scrawny meat-wise and dry as hell (I'm talking the wings here, not the waitresses)

(burgers and sammys are good there though).

Reaction Score
Hooters sucks.......sorry the girls are okay I guess but the food blows and there's no bar........wings are easily the worst with that crap on them and no viable chicken to be found.......the "real" Hooters are down south where they actually look the part and aren't local strippers.......

Titled Kilt has decent food but again overrated in the "why you should go check out the waitresses" department.........look like little girls to an old duckk like me!! LOL

CTBasketball

Reaction Score
Sliders is pretty good too. I've had some wings that were better than J Tim's from there.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Woodys!!! Best hotdogs around. Walking distance to the XL. Filling enough to last you through the game. Just make sure you beat the rush.

Reaction Score
Woodys!!! Best hotdogs around. Walking distance to the XL. Filling enough to last you through the game. Just make sure you beat the rush.

where is that located exactly?

Reaction Score
where is that located exactly?

From the front of the XL Center walk up Pratt Street....their entrance is on the left side just before you get to Main St. It's actually in a little indoor mall area. Check out The Fish Tank which is attached...also owned by Woody...nice little bar if you can get past the Miami Dolphins theme. ;)

CTBasketball

Reaction Score
Shake & Dogs in Southington has really good hot dogs as well.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
It's Huskies for Gampel and City Steam for Hartford, pretty much. I like the beer hall feel to Pour House in Hartford in we end up parking on that side of the XL.

D

Deleted member 3149

Ever try the honey-BBQ dirty wings? To die for...

Uconnrick

Twisted, but still lovable.
Reaction Score
Hooters sucks.......sorry the girls are okay I guess but the food blows and there's no bar........wings are easily the worst with that crap on them and no viable chicken to be found.......the "real" Hooters are down south where they actually look the part and aren't local strippers.......

Titled Kilt has decent food but again overrated in the "why you should go check out the waitresses" department.........look like little girls to an old duckk like me!! LOL
Hooters is off limits to me as a couple of my daughters friends are waitresses there. Way too pitiful and/or creepy for me to be there.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Hooters is off limits to me as a couple of my daughters friends are waitresses there. Way too pitiful and/or creepy for me to be there.

My buddy has the same problem, he just can't do it. And it's catching. I haven't been to a Hooters since Altoona.

Reaction Score

can totally understand not going in that type of situation. I think the place is over-rated personally - I don't think the wings are all that great, and quite honestly the service can be pretty inattentive (at least for the Milford one) - I mean, in some cases the waitresses are total eye candy, but if they're not refilling my drinks or getting the meals to the tables in a timely fashion, I don't care how good-looking they are...and fuggedaboutit if they start copping an attitude (which I've gotten on occassion there).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom