Game Within a Game moment from Wed | The Boneyard

Game Within a Game moment from Wed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Tolksdorf comes in late 1st half, seemed like he was the last guy off the bench. I like his shot and I wondering if he will get some time this year. On pretty much the 1st play, his man drains a 3 right in his face. I'm saying to myself, "c'mon Leon, maybe that's why the coach isn't playing you." Next UConn trip down, Leon does the draining, a pure 3 from the corner. Now it's the Southern guy's turn, he comes right back and fires up another 3, but Leon was closer. Clang, bad miss and UConn is off to the races. On the break, it was clear that the guard (Bazz, IIRC) was looking for Leon and fires a long diagonal pass to him in the corner. Leon for 3? Nah, he pauses just a touch too long and 2 guys close on him. He then walks while trying to escape. My takeaways: It was very cool that Bazz had the sense of the game to be looking for Tolksdorf on that play. That says leadership to me. Second, if only Leon was a bit quicker. He has a beautiful shot.

Reaction Score
He does have a beautiful shot. I think he can end up being a very good role player, like Giffey but a different style.

Reaction Score
He does have a beautiful shot. I think he can end up being a very good role player, like Giffey but a different style.

yeah I agree. Also while he did hesitate on that 3 and kicked it out after "walking", it didn't look like he did travel.

Reaction Score
yeah I agree. Also while he did hesitate on that 3 and kicked it out after "walking", it didn't look like he did travel.

I agree with you. I don't think he traveled either.

Reaction Score
Tolksdorf comes in late 1st half, seemed like he was the last guy off the bench. I like his shot and I wondering if he will get some time this year. On pretty much the 1st play, his man drains a 3 right in his face. I'm saying to myself, "c'mon Leon, maybe that's why the coach isn't playing you." Next UConn trip down, Leon does the draining, a pure 3 from the corner. Now it's the Southern guy's turn, he comes right back and fires up another 3, but Leon was closer. Clang, bad miss and UConn is off to the races. On the break, it was clear that the guard (Bazz, IIRC) was looking for Leon and fires a long diagonal pass to him in the corner. Leon for 3? Nah, he pauses just a touch too long and 2 guys close on him. He then walks while trying to escape. My takeaways: It was very cool that Bazz had the sense of the game to be looking for Tolksdorf on that play. That says leadership to me. Second, if only Leon was a bit quicker. He has a beautiful shot.

Leon could be a huge weapon for a team whose offense is centered around spacing, dribble penetration and kickouts to open shooters. That's not us, and due to his defensive limitations he's not likely to see much more than spot duty, but he will have moments when he contributes this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom