Game week! What do you want to see?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I am looking forward to...

Good Weather
Good Food
Good Time

oh and for the game, I want to see an offense that can control the game.

Reaction Score
My list, in order of my personal preferences:

1. Sunshine - it's been a long winter;

2. QB play - we've heard Shirreffs can run, but can he throw? Has Boyle found some much-needed touch? What can Davis do when he hits the field?

3. OL - how will the unit look without Coach Foley? They improved as the season progressed after beginning last year as, perhaps, college football's worst unit.

4. DB - is Jh Williams ready to take the progressive steps into being a lock down corner in his JR season? Is Obi ready to sacrifice making a big play for making a smart one? Will Adams play free or strong? Who is going to line up out wide on the other side?

5. LB - if Stewart hasn't learned to take proper tackling angles, who will replace him? Is Diggs ready to see more reps?

6. DL - we know who our NT are, but who are our edge pass rushers? Will be able to generate pressure without sacrificing too many LBs or DBs?

7. RB - has Newsome learned to identify blitz schemes and what is his priority list in blocking assignments? We know Ron Johnson is a beast, will we see any 2 RB sets?

8. WR/TE - assuming we can identify a QB who can get the ball out on time and accurately, who is ready to emerge as a #2 behind Thomas? And who might step up inside the red zone?

You covered it all Dooley. One comment, Obi is not going to be able to tackle due to shoulder tomorrow.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I want to see someone make some plays and have me think "Who the ef is that?"

My most lasting spring game memory was the performance of Scott Lutrus, the pick-sixes and overall play. I left wondering if it was just a fluke or if he was the real deal. And of course he picked up where he left off when the season started.

Reaction Score
I hope to see some OLine improvement this year. I also hope to see continual healthy competition on the OLine. On the dog house party picture, it shows Samra getting stood up, Crozier thrown to the ground, and Andreas making his block but too high to be efficient. Hopefully Saturday we see a better performance and the whole OLine competing. Some 1's vs. 1's will really show how good we are up front and all around. Unlike 1's vs. 2's and 3's. Competition will hopefully bring the best out of everyone.

Reaction Score
  • A successful option play for 10 or more yards
  • A TD pass
  • A bigger, faster team
  • A 40+ yard field goal
  • A QB that can escape the pass rush and burn them for a first down
  • A couple real nice running plays for substantial yards
  • A DB and receiver going at it for a pass and one or the other coming down with the ball, more than once
  • A double reverse that works

Reaction Score
A pass play over the middle leading the receiver in stride gaining 10 yards after catch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom