Game week! What do you want to see? | The Boneyard

Game week! What do you want to see?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We need the OL to step up more than the QBs. We've been successful with mediocre/bad QB play, we can't compete with mediocre/bad OL play. Time for the big boys to step up.

Reaction Score
I'm looking forward to seeing the Oline legitimately hold a pocket, and hopefully some Newsome screen passes (an under-utilized resource in my opinion last year) to the end zone. With that being said, I cannot make it this year after getting to the last 3 of them unfortunately. Does anyone know if it'll be available online/televised? I've checked AllAccess, SNY, and ESPN3 and haven't found squat. Not too hopeful.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
A scrimmage where the word ineptitude isn't mandatory in the first paragraph.
The past four seasons have taken all hope out of me. I'm stuck in "show me" mode.

Reaction Score
- The Oline giving the QB more than 1.5 seconds and getting push for the RB's

- Sherriff looking poised and unstoppable giving us CLEAR separation at QB. It's just a scrimmage but hopefully these players are taking it seriously for playing time next season...

- Vanilla or not an offense that resembles NOTHING like the past 4 years

- Ron Johnson appearing to be our next Donald Brown

- Arkel being used in the slot more.

- Stewart's "backup" being lightening fast and making good reads :)

- I know this may be asking for too much but lets add to this list the ability to successfully execute a screen pass play.

Last edited:

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Defense pressuring the QB and the QB making plays.

RB'S getting to the second level with some consistency.

Reasons: all we really now about this team from last season is the D can clog the middle on running downs and the QBs didn't handle pressure well.

Since we didn't rush the passer well, I can only take so much from the line's pass protection. I'm assuming it will still be a weakness, so making plays under pressure will be a positive.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
The question is do you still want to see Tim Boyle or have you moved on to the backups??

I want to see if Arkeel holds on to the ball.
More of Ron Johnson.
Which WR is the go to guy.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Here is what I want to see....the game online.

Anyone know if that option is out there?

Reaction Score
The question is do you still want to see Tim Boyle or have you moved on to the backups??

I want to see if Arkeel holds on to the ball.
More of Ron Johnson.
Which WR is the go to guy.

I would love to see anyone who makes good decisions and throws. If I could watch a three step drop where the ball comes out accurately as the third step hits the ground that would make my day.

Reaction Score
I'm really hoping to see some improved O-Line play and a beautiful day. I am not expecting much from our QB play. But if we can block properly, we might just have a chance to establish a run game and possibly even a few passes a game? I'd settle for that.

This is the first time in awhile I feel like we've had some OL coming back, so here's hoping.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
The sun and warmer weather has cleared the way for me to head down with my 3-year old, neighbor and his kid as well. What I don't want to see: confusion. I'd like us to be well-organized and appear to know what we're doing on both sides of the ball. I'd like to see a few gaping holes opened up by the o-line. I want to see players make plays. And I don't want to shake my head in disgust when the QB throws the ball.

Reaction Score
If Boyle is ready, go with him. If not he has had his shot.

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
Here is what I want to see....the game online.

Anyone know if that option is out there?
Thought I had a business trip to Littleton, MA all lined all up this week from TX so I could attend my first Blue-White game, but it fell through. What I want to see is the actual game live. But short of having it broadcast on-line, I want to hear that it's played fundamentally sound, fiercely competitive, and that the O is able to sustain drives and at least score when it has to.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Looking more and more like my request for sunshine will pan out, especially after such a dreary week... Getting excited!

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
My list, in order of my personal preferences:

1. Sunshine - it's been a long winter;

2. QB play - we've heard Shirreffs can run, but can he throw? Has Boyle found some much-needed touch? What can Davis do when he hits the field?

3. OL - how will the unit look without Coach Foley? They improved as the season progressed after beginning last year as, perhaps, college football's worst unit.

4. DB - is Jh Williams ready to take the progressive steps into being a lock down corner in his JR season? Is Obi ready to sacrifice making a big play for making a smart one? Will Adams play free or strong? Who is going to line up out wide on the other side?

5. LB - if Stewart hasn't learned to take proper tackling angles, who will replace him? Is Diggs ready to see more reps?

6. DL - we know who our NT are, but who are our edge pass rushers? Will be able to generate pressure without sacrificing too many LBs or DBs?

7. RB - has Newsome learned to identify blitz schemes and what is his priority list in blocking assignments? We know Ron Johnson is a beast, will we see any 2 RB sets?

8. WR/TE - assuming we can identify a QB who can get the ball out on time and accurately, who is ready to emerge as a #2 behind Thomas? And who might step up inside the red zone?

Reaction Score
Looking forward to my off season football fix.

Especially want to see the new QBs. Would also be very nice to see an cohesive offensive line.

Confidence, Control, Leadership, Power, Speed...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom