Game Week: UConn vs #24 Houston (Senior Day > Saturday 11/27/21 @ Noon on CBSSN) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Game Week: UConn vs #24 Houston (Senior Day > Saturday 11/27/21 @ Noon on CBSSN)

Reaction Score
Unfortunately nobody liked RANDY and he didn’t have the respect of almost any of the players or the coaches.
I'm inclined to believe what you stated, but can't reconcile that with him having such (supposedly) heavy booster support and the AD keeping him 2nd time around for so long. Didn't anyone see what was going on?

Reaction Score
The AD saw the low talent level and bought into giving him a chance to turn it over... but it was constant turning over of talent. Even after years of being one of the youngest teams in FBS, UConn was still one of the youngest teams in FBS... the development was lacking.

Randy's first recruiting class should be 4 years into the system this year. There just aren't enough contributors that are from those first two classes to say his recruiting/development game was working and the gameplanning certainly wasn't covering up talent deficiencies.

Reaction Score
The AD saw the low talent level and bought into giving him a chance to turn it over... but it was constant turning over of talent. Even after years of being one of the youngest teams in FBS, UConn was still one of the youngest teams in FBS... the development was lacking.

Randy's first recruiting class should be 4 years into the system this year. There just aren't enough contributors that are from those first two classes to say his recruiting/development game was working and the gameplanning certainly wasn't covering up talent deficiencies.
I do agree that the team has not developed, especially on offense and the 2017 class which was a coaching transition year did not pan out. But, I think the bigger problem was the coaching staff. Year 1, Edsall went with a spread hurry up offense and a 3-3-5 defense with Lashlee and Crocker. Year 2, Edsall went with somewhat of a spread, but slower paced offense and a 3-3-5 defense with Dunne and Crocker. Year 3, Edsall went with a multiset offense and a 4-3 defense with Giufre and Spanos. Year 4, UConn didn't play any games which in hindsight was a big mistake. Year 5, well,....

I think Guifre is probably a pretty good OL coach, but he is not a good OC and offense has been the biggest deficiency.

Reaction Score
I think Guifre is probably a pretty good OL coach, but he is not a good OC and offense has been the biggest deficiency.
I'm not sure I've seen anything from the OL the last couple of seasons that would lead me to believe that they are getting good coaching... so either Giufre is so overwhelmed by the duties of being the OC he can't focus on his position group; the talent he's working with is so far below grade no one could help them and this really is the best they could be; or he's just not that good at either role.

I'm sure the correct answer is some combination thereof... but to what degree who knows.

Reaction Score
I'm inclined to believe what you stated, but can't reconcile that with him having such (supposedly) heavy booster support and the AD keeping him 2nd time around for so long. Didn't anyone see what was going on?
"... such (supposedly) heavy booster support ...", OR some financial support from some boosters which enabled jettisoning Wacko Diaco in exchange for enabling Ex-HCRE's return? Pretty sure many saw what was going on, and some either knew, didn't know, or opted to ignore what transpired a few years back balanced against maintaining relationships with some boosters despite subseqent game day results.
Go UConn, defeat Houston!

Reaction Score
Why? Did he say goodbye to the players when he deserted UCONN in Randy I? Do not think so!

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Unfortunately nobody liked RANDY and he didn’t have the respect of almost any of the players or the coaches.
Edsall Twitter gone.jpg

Not likely he'll be there. He's pretty much checked out from the public since his "retirement."

mikedog10

Tailgating Enthusiast
Reaction Score
A couple of positive signs. It's sunny yet cold as hell. Just like when we beat the ol' Ball Coach in a bowl. And an over-matched UConn team beat a ranked Houston team in The Rent not too long ago led by current NFL man of the week Timmy Boyle.
I was on the field going nuts after that, joyously yelling "BOBBY YOURE GOING BOWLING!!!"... that may have been the last real high-moment the team has had.

Reaction Score
At the beginning of the Jim Mora Press Conference - AD Dave mentioned that “18 seniors” will be honored today…

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HassanDawg

Top Bottom