Game Week - UConn @ USF | The Boneyard

Game Week - UConn @ USF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
UConn Football@UConnFootball just now
HCBD: "The guys are excited about addressing the small things and instances in all three phases where we can get better." #UConnNation

"We'll put those guys into action based on the matchups each week. I thought the guys played well." - HCBD on the changes in the secondary

Neill Ostrout@NeillOstrout 1 min ago
Diaco says DB changes (Summers to S, Green starting CB) might be altered again on a week-to-week basis.

Jim Fuller@NHRJimFuller just now
#UConn coach Bob Diaco impressed with how CB John Green played in 1st start of season

Neill Ostrout@NeillOstrout just now
Diaco on Summers: “His future here at UConn and his future beyond UConn, if he’s fortunate enough...is at corner. He’s a corner."

Reaction Score
Ian Bethune@Ian_Bethune 1 min ago
Diaco - OL is getting better. Getting Hopkins back huge.

Spreading the field on offense was a result of game plan gainst Cincinnati for #UConn.

HCBD: "I feel like the run defense has been great all year. We've played a couple of top rushing teams in America. This will be a challenge.

Ian Bethune@Ian_Bethune 2 mins ago
Diaco - Run defense has been good all year long. Great challenge facing USF. No. 1 statistically in a lot of categories.

Gavin Keefe@GavinKeefe just now
#UConn ranks 11th in country in run defense, allowing 98.8 yards per game. Diaco: "I feel like the run defense has been great."

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Ian Bethune@Ian_Bethune just now
Diaco - Thought OL & DL played well. DL wreaked havoc in different areas then they had during the year

Jim Fuller@NHRJimFuller 1 min ago
#UConn coach Bob Diaco said he is excited to talk about DE Cole Ormsby

Gavin Keefe@GavinKeefe just now
Diaco is pleased with the play and energy of Cole Ormsby. "He's turning himself into a pretty physical defensive end."

USF's Flowers is a more physical runner than Houston's Greg Ward in eyes of #UConn coach Bob Diaco

ThisIsUConnCountry@MattSchonvisky just now
"If the offense can't take the next step on offense and consistently improve, it will be hard to win" Diaco

Reaction Score
Jim Fuller@NHRJimFuller now
#UConn's Bob Diaco said USF WR Rodney Adams "runs possessed" when he has ball in his similiar much like Noel Thomas

Diaco impressed with USF's Rodney Adams: "When 87 has the ball in his hands, he runs possessed."

Ian Bethune@Ian_Bethune just now
Diaco - offensive staff is doing a great job with Noel with extra coverage placed on him #UConn

Ed Daigneault@EdDaigneault just now
Diaco says defending Noel Thomas is a challenge because he's "all over the place."

#UConn's Bob Diaco said Shelton's Jason Thompson getting 1st career start was "awesome" and team was "super stoked" for him

Diaco: “Jason (Thompson) has a lot of cache with the team. He’s got a lot of respect. And everybody was super stoked for him.”

Reaction Score
UConn Football@UConnFootball 1 min ago
HCBD: "To me, Bryant played the plays to win. He gave great effort from start to finish. He's a leader on the sideline." #UConnNation

Daily Campus Sports@dcsportsdept 2 mins ago
Diaco on Bryant: "To me, he played the plays to win. He gave great effort. He gave great leadership on the sidelines. He was locked in."

HCBD on the offense: "We can do more. There's a deeper understanding of the different positions. There's a higher ability to get it done."

Reaction Score
Jim Fuller@NHRJimFuller 14 mins ago
Ryan Crozier, 1 of nine Florida natives on #UConnfootball team, "have just ignored" trash talk from friends who go to USF

Jim Fuller@NHRJimFuller 4 mins ago
Interesting note from South Florida depth chart, former #UConn commit Kirk Livingstone is starting DE. He has 17 tackles, 1 sack

Note: Originally a UAB commit then committed to UConn (12/14) when UAB was going to drop their program then decommitted/committed to USF (1/15). Ft. Lauderdale native/​

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Jim Fuller ‏@NHRJimFuller 29m 29 minutes ago
#UConn's Bob Diaco said Cole Ormsby (3 sacks in last 2 games): "just continues to get better and better."

Jim Fuller ‏@NHRJimFuller 29m 29 minutes ago
Fatukasi with 9.5 career sacks, Ormsby with 9. Last set of #UConn teammates with 10 career sacks Trevardo Williams & Sio Moore

Jim Fuller ‏@NHRJimFuller 23 mins ago
#UConn had three sacks in each of last two games. Last time that happened was in wins over Pitt and Louisville in 2012

Mike Anthony: UConn Defense Will Be Challenged By USF's High-Powered Offense

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Interesting story... Did Marvin Kloss keep USF's Weist from getting UConn job?

>>The Temple victory began the season-ending streak that included home victories against Rutgers and Memphis. Some suggested Weist's ability to keep the Huskies motivated following an 0-9 start should've been enough to earn him the job permanently.

He disagrees. "Going in, the (UConn) AD, Warde (Manuel) had told me, 'Just win,'" Weist said. "He didn't say (how many) but I knew that we had to win six, put together a winning streak or whatever it was, and show that program that we could win on a consistent basis.

"If I would've won earlier, if we could've beaten South Florida in that first game and kept winning, then I would've said, 'Hey, you know what, I earned this job.' But I didn't. ... I think our staff and that team takes away a lot of pride in how we finished. But I can't sit here and say, 'Boy, I earned that job.'"<<

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom