Game Week: UConn @ Tulane (10/12/19 @ 3:45p ET on ESPNU) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Game Week: UConn @ Tulane (10/12/19 @ 3:45p ET on ESPNU)

Reaction Score
Every time I mention that moving to a triple option could be a positive change, people complain that it is too boring. They would prefer to see a Big 12 passing offense.
It’s not boring if it’s done well. Tulane and Army was a great game to watch. It certainly beats what we are watching now. I do think it really limits your ceiling as a program, but ours is pretty limited anyway.

Reaction Score
1st downs, touchdowns and winning by the team I like. Not that big on style

Reaction Score
Tulane is solid. They even gave Auburn a fight for awhile in the 1st half. Hard to not picture this being yet another Saturday massacre.

Reaction Score
Tulane is solid. They even gave Auburn a fight for awhile in the 1st half. Hard to not picture this being yet another Saturday massacre.
Saw their 1st game, some hard to tackle running backs, not something UConn is prepared to stop.

Reaction Score
I just hope the team can find the inspiration to keep the margin near 30 and avoid a 65-0 type outcome, which could happen if they play like they did against USF.

Reaction Score
I’ll be at the game watching our D improve against the run. Look for ILB Gilmartin to have a big day. I’m also optimistic about our run game against their inexperienced D-line. Should be a fun time in NO with our band of road warrior Huskies.

Reaction Score
I’ll be at the game watching our D improve against the run. Look for ILB Gilmartin to have a big day. I’m also optimistic about our run game against their inexperienced D-line. Should be a fun time in NO with our band of road warrior Huskies.
Hope you are right but I think Tulane is a better running team than South Florida and we had a lot of problems stopping the run last week.

Reaction Score

Inexperienced defensive line? Inexperienced at doing what? They might have the best defensive line in the conference. Patrick Johnson is a monster. Had 10.5 sacks and made all conference last year as a sophomore. The nose tackle is 330 pounds and way better than Travis Jones.

Reaction Score
Saw Tulane 1st game, Mensah wouldn't get on the field as a running back if he was on Tulane. UConn that we have seen through game 5 will not stop Tulane running game. Tulane defense is not bad either, one of their DB's really is a shut down guy and with UConn's vanilla offense it will be a lot of 3 and out's for the offense.

If this game doesn't get HCRE2.0 on the hot seat, maybe losing by 20 plus to UMass will.

Reaction Score
I wish I had a modicum of hope for this game, but I spent it all last week.

Reaction Score
Saw Tulane 1st game, Mensah wouldn't get on the field as a running back if he was on Tulane. UConn that we have seen through game 5 will not stop Tulane running game. Tulane defense is not bad either, one of their DB's really is a shut down guy and with UConn's vanilla offense it will be a lot of 3 and out's for the offense.

If this game doesn't get HCRE2.0 on the hot seat, maybe losing by 20 plus to UMass will.

Facts. I took the over 2.5 wins. I can’t believe this team can’t scratch out 3 wins and it’s going to lose.

Reaction Score
Putterman: Run defense key as UConn prepares for dangerous Tulane attack

Alternate link here

>>The Green Wave, which stands 4-1 on the season and 1-0 in American Athletic Conference play, ranks fifth in the nation with 283.4 rushing yards per game. Last week against Army, Tulane ran for 324 yards and five touchdowns, each scored by a different player.<<

>>Whereas some top rushing teams lean one or two big play-makers, Tulane boasts a striking diversity of ball-handlers. Six different Green Wave players have gained at least 100 yards on the ground this season, and eight have scored touchdowns. Of those eight, six average more than five yards per carry.<<

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom