Game Week > UConn @ ECU (11/17/18 @ 7p on CBSSN) | The Boneyard

Game Week > UConn @ ECU (11/17/18 @ 7p on CBSSN)

Reaction Score
2018 American Football Teleconference Week 12

Besides the normal coach speak: Chris Vannini (who cover the G5/CFB for The Athletic) asks Edsall his thoughts about recruiting in G5 and the early signing period @ the 3:18 mark.

Reaction Score
Weekly Press Conference Notes:

Ed Daigneault @EdDaigneault 2 minutes ago
True freshman Dante Black is listed as the backup to Kevin Mensah this week, apparently in for the hurting Zavier Scott.

Ed Daigneault @EdDaigneault 1 minute ago
Zavier Scott has PCL and MCL issues in a knee. Surgery Friday. Will keep him out until August.

Neill Ostrout @NeillOstrout 33 seconds ago
UConn LB Santana Sterling is "like a walking mummy." I think that means he's taped up...a lot.

Gavin Keefe @GavinKeefe 22 seconds ago
Edsall on running back Kevin Mensah: "Kevin is an extremely hard worker and an extremely prideful young man. He wants to be good as he can be in everything he does."

In response to a question from the Horde:

Neill Ostrout @NeillOstrout 54 seconds ago
Edsall: “I think it’s awful what’s happened to us, in terms of having to play all our conference games on the road at 7 o’clock at night.”

Jim Fuller @NHRJimFuller
Randy Edsall said both he and David Benedict have spoken to AAC about having so many 7 p.m. road games because it is no fair to student-athletes in Edsall's opinion #uconn

Ed Daigneault @EdDaigneault 50 seconds ago
Edsall says the NCAA now requires teams that aren't eligible for a bowl to get a waiver for current players to host recruits after end of the regular season.

Neill Ostrout @NeillOstrout
UConn K Michael Tarbutt is having a tough go of it. “He struggled on Saturday and you saw today he struggled."

Neill Ostrout @NeillOstrout 4 minutes ago
Tarbutt missed a few kicks toward the end of Tuesday's practice, then drilled a 52-yarder. So, the leg is seemingly fine.

Ed Daigneault @EdDaigneault 2 minutes ago
Kevin Mensah needs 140 yards to join David Pindell in the 1,000-yard club. UConn has had one year with a pair of 1K rushers (Dixon and Todman in 2009).

Wordbomar

"Walker on McGee with four.."
Reaction Score
Edsall literally sounds like an old man yelling at clouds complaining about night games. Shouldn't we want games in prime time to showcase our program and school? (Yes we're terrible this year but seriously.) The more this season goes, the more I am concerned that Edsall is too out of touch with reality to ever turn this around.

Reaction Score
It’s honestly hilarious that we’re getting to the point of making nighttime games an excuse
Some of the excuses I get... This one is just absurd. Embarrassing.

His point seemed to be that 5 out of the 6 away games have been 7p or later (@ Syracuse was @ 4p). Someone (?Putterman?) asked the question again today and he answered the same way he has answered each time it comes up. Too late to walk back previous weeks commentary.

Reaction Score
His only points are:
  • It creates a problem with late night/early morning travel
  • It pushes the normal Sunday routine
  • It makes it harder for the kids to study and attend to academic issues
  • It only happens to us on the road. Teams visiting here haven't had to deal with it.
I only hear concerns for his players not excuses. Plenty of football related things to criticize but this is not one of them. The question was asked by someone from "The Athletic" so his answer will reach more people and more parents who might feel better about sending their sons to play for this man.

Reaction Score
He is a RJR, right? That means he has been there seven semesters so far right? So he is graduating in December or June? If the latter that is four years.

>>Davis has extra incentive to return as he is currently in the semester of graduate school. He is working to earn a master’s degree in financial risk management and should wrap up the work needed for that degree by the end of the fall 2019 semester.<<

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
I will be there this Saturday with @skies88

MBA class in Charlotte ends at 4:45 and Ubering straight to the airport to catch a 6:00 flight to Greenville. 10 minute Uber to the stadium should have me there just at or just after kick

Reaction Score
The play out of the HUSKY position has been disappointing from my perspective this season. When Omar Fortt has lined up close to the line of scrimmage he has been pretty effective . See the first first quarter of the South Florida game. Moving him back to the position he played a lot of last year and keeping Robinson on the field makes sense to me. Neither Terry nor Swenson as looked that great playing the Husky position.

C

Chief00

Complaining about night games and when asked about recruiting complaining about there not being 6 semesters in some transcripts before an offer - does make one wonder if he is building an excuse focused culture or focused on things he can’t control rather than the controllables.
No where does he lay out a positive vision. Hey, I recognize URI is the only team we have beat, so perhaps that’s hard but the contrast with Hurley is striking.

C

Chief00

His only points are:
  • It creates a problem with late night/early morning travel
  • It pushes the normal Sunday routine
  • It makes it harder for the kids to study and attend to academic issues
  • It only happens to us on the road. Teams visiting here haven't had to deal with it.
I only hear concerns for his players not excuses. Plenty of football related things to criticize but this is not one of them. The question was asked by someone from "The Athletic" so his answer will reach more people and more parents who might feel better about sending their sons to play for this man.

Do you think 20 year old kids rather play at 7pm or noon? I think he is projecting his personal views onto the players. Perhaps it’s subconsciously but nevertheless he’s likely projecting.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom