Game Week - UConn @ Army (Saturday 9/18/21 @ Noon on CBSSN) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Game Week - UConn @ Army (Saturday 9/18/21 @ Noon on CBSSN)

Reaction Score
I think Steven Krajewski will get the start, he’s just keeping people guessing. With a better game plan, Steve should be a good QB. I could see trying someone else if Steve couldn’t run, but he can, so no reason to give up on him yet.
Unfortunately, Edsall gave up on him since day one. In the two game’s Steven Krajewski played he showed he has all the talent to be on the field. Not too mention he took a beating from Purdue and immediately got up after every hit. He never gave up on the game or his teammates. That’s the kind of leadership this team needs moving forward.

Reaction Score
Steven Krajewski and Tyler Phommachanh can run. No idea on Leon.
Not that it is worth anything, but I read that Leon was our best read option quarterback two years when Edsall was saying that he was in the lead to be our starter before he got hurt.

Reaction Score

What has happened USF? They hired Clemson's OC and so far terrible. Here's an example of the need to be careful hiring an offensive coordinator who is working for a head coach who probably runs the offense himself. (Dabo Swinney)

Better to hire someone with a track record as a head coach I guess. It's really hard to tell which untested coordinators have what it takes to be a head coach.

Arizona is an example of hiring a head coach who was fired from his previous position (Kevin Sumlin). Don't catch a falling knife. Say no to Charlie Strong.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
What has happened USF? They hired Clemson's OC and so far terrible. Here's an example of the need to be careful hiring an offensive coordinator who is working for a head coach who probably runs the offense himself. (Dabo Swinney)

Better to hire someone with a track record as a head coach I guess. It's really hard to tell which untested coordinators have what it takes to be a head coach.

Arizona is an example of hiring a head coach who was fired from his previous position (Kevin Sumlin). Don't catch a falling knife. Say no to Charlie Strong.

Agreed, that is why Moorhead has to be a top priority. Successful HC and OC.

Reaction Score
I wonder if Steven Krajewski is bang up a bit. He took some big hits in the Purdue game.
That’s a possibility. We know the kid is tough and will play through a injury. If you watch the film with his pass attempts and rushes I bet my bottom dollar that he took a hit on Atleast 65 percent if not more of the offensive plays. It seemed to me that on almost every pass complete or incomplete he was picking him self up off the ground

Reaction Score
I think Steven Krajewski will get the start, he’s just keeping people guessing. With a better game plan, Steve should be a good QB. I could see trying someone else if Steve couldn’t run, but he can, so no reason to give up on him yet.
I don’t know what the Phluck Spanos is doing screwing with Steven Krajewski. Wrong move. Build confidence not paranoia. The kid obviously can play decently. Threw some great balls. If they put in some play calling that made some sense, he’ll be fine.

Reaction Score
I don’t know what the Phluck Spanos is doing screwing with Steven Krajewski. Wrong move. Build confidence not paranoia. The kid obviously can play decently. Threw some great balls. If they put in some play calling that made some sense, he’ll be fine.
Hey Hoops, I couldn’t agree with you anymore. I’ve said that since day one Steven Krajewski came to Storrs. They’ve been screwing with his head and treating him like a piece of dirt since day one. His first year here RE put him on SCOUT TEAM! . Then, he has an opportunity to play four games his freshman year and Randy puts him in the very last game of the year to hand the ball off his first six plays.

Next year. RE brings in an injured D2 qb, with no D1 experience, and immediately puts him with the ones and names him the starter. After the Wagner game he had Jack Zergiotis with the ones and named him the starter for three games. After Steven Krajewski’s, gutty performance in the UCF game, RE named Steven Krajewski the starter. However, during his rehab process a reporter asked Edsall if Steven Krajewski would start after hies cleared and he said, “How many weeks did he miss? We’ll see where he’s at.” Then he never started a game and played a couple series in garbage time. Next year was covid.

Fast forward to the present and Edsall lied again about the qb position. For all of spring camp he says the competition is so close he won’t make a decision until game day (same thing he said when MB and Steven Krajewski competed). Again, for the third year in a row Steven Krajewski is not with the ones and he names Jack Zergiotis the starter. He also had the nerve to say that Jack Zergiotis is the best QB on the team, with the strongest arm and most accurate. This week Spanos says that they are evaluating every position to see who gives the team the best possible chance to win. If Spanos can’t see that Steven Krajewski is that guy then he’s blind as a bat. Krajewski has never been given a fair chance but sticks it out day after day. As much as they have “Phlucked” with his head he better be majoring in Sports Psychology. I wish him the best of luck and hope he stays. He is good for the program.

Reaction Score
Well that was pleasant to relive. Personally, I blame the call of the wild helmets.
What was the down situation? He could not have thrown it away?

Reaction Score
Hey Hoops, I couldn’t agree with you anymore. I’ve said that since day one Steven Krajewski came to Storrs. They’ve been screwing with his head and treating him like a piece of dirt since day one. His first year here RE put him on SCOUT TEAM! . Then, he has an opportunity to play four games his freshman year and Randy puts him in the very last game of the year to hand the ball off his first six plays.

Next year. RE brings in an injured D2 qb, with no D1 experience, and immediately puts him with the ones and names him the starter. After the Wagner game he had Jack Zergiotis with the ones and named him the starter for three games. After Steven Krajewski’s, gutty performance in the UCF game, RE named Steven Krajewski the starter. However, during his rehab process a reporter asked Edsall if Steven Krajewski would start after hies cleared and he said, “How many weeks did he miss? We’ll see where he’s at.” Then he never started a game and played a couple series in garbage time. Next year was covid.

Fast forward to the present and Edsall lied again about the qb position. For all of spring camp he says the competition is so close he won’t make a decision until game day (same thing he said when MB and Steven Krajewski competed). Again, for the third year in a row Steven Krajewski is not with the ones and he names Jack Zergiotis the starter. He also had the nerve to say that Jack Zergiotis is the best QB on the team, with the strongest arm and most accurate. This week Spanos says that they are evaluating every position to see who gives the team the best possible chance to win. If Spanos can’t see that Steven Krajewski is that guy then he’s blind as a bat. Krajewski has never been given a fair chance but sticks it out day after day. As much as they have “Phlucked” with his head he better be majoring in Sports Psychology. I wish him the best of luck and hope he stays. He is good for the program.
Perhaps he’s injured and they don’t want to let on so Army keeps preparing for him? Just a thought. I’d hate to think they’re playing with his head right now.

Reaction Score

Well Said. That's a long bumpy road for a QB like Steven Krajewski to stay on..., your last sentence, "He is good for the program...." Believe so, he deserves a "You're our QB."

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom