Game Week - UConn @ Army (Saturday 9/18/21 @ Noon on CBSSN) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Game Week - UConn @ Army (Saturday 9/18/21 @ Noon on CBSSN)

Reaction Score
One day. His offer letter was for a one week term 9/14 - 9/20 at which point UConn will either have to clear a spot to add him to the staff (if there isn't one already), sign a new deal with him as an analyst or let him go.

Reaction Score
One day. His offer letter was for a one week term 9/14 - 9/20 at which point UConn will either have to clear a spot to add him to the staff (if there isn't one already), sign a new deal with him as an analyst or let him go.
I think the only way to bring him to UConn so that he could work immediately was on a consulting contract. Otherwise, you probably have to go through the UConn hiring process which takes some time and UConn needed help immediately.

I think with Edsall being relieved of his on field coaching duties, there is an open spot for a new hire if you wanted to permanently hire Mazzone. Watch the UConn job postings.

Reaction Score
I think with Edsall being relieved of his on field coaching duties, there is an open spot for a new hire if you wanted to permanently hire Mazzone. Watch the UConn job postings.

UConn is currently at the maximum limit of 10 assistants, Jake Bahr was promoted from Defensive Graduate Assistant to Linebackers Coach.

Reaction Score
Well...Edsall is gone and he is now listed as "or". Feels like there is more of a story here.
In the one vid I saw of him throwing, he seemed to be side-arming it. Is that the way he normally throws or is it the result of his recovery? If normal, that negates a lot of being 6-5.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
In the one vid I saw of him throwing, he seemed to be side-arming it. Is that the way he normally throws or is it the result of his recovery? If normal, that negates a lot of being 6-5.
I don’t think anyone has seen him throw...so who knows. I wish someone asked spanos if this means Leon isn't limited by injuries...which seemed to be Edsalls feedback on Leon for years.

Reaction Score
I think Steven Krajewski will get the start, he’s just keeping people guessing. With a better game plan, Steve should be a good QB. I could see trying someone else if Steve couldn’t run, but he can, so no reason to give up on him yet.

Reaction Score
I think Steven Krajewski will get the start, he’s just keeping people guessing. With a better game plan, Steve should be a good QB. I could see trying someone else if Steve couldn’t run, but he can, so no reason to give up on him yet.
I wonder if Steven Krajewski is bang up a bit. He took some big hits in the Purdue game.

Reaction Score
Sure, we'll struggle on defense against the Army triple option--even though our safeties and DB's can be re-positioned to offer better run support---and we're very likely to lose---but I'm also betting that Steven Krajewski and the offense will perform better, reduce the turnovers and lead us into the end zone enough times to cover the spread.
I agree with everything you said before you got to “cover the spread.” I think the spread has been beaten by halftime every game. I’m not holding my breath for that.

Reaction Score
Who is a threat on the ground? Tyler Phommachanh? The days of redshirting are over unless someone is not ready. Great chance a freshman will not be here year 5.

Reaction Score
Who is a threat on the ground? Tyler Phommachanh? The days of redshirting are over unless someone is not ready. Great chance a freshman will not be here year 5.

Steven Krajewski and Tyler Phommachanh can run. No idea on Leon.

Reaction Score
just remembering the HC game it seemed like there were open lanes that someone more mobile than Jack Zergiotis could’ve taken advantage.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom