Game Week @ Fresno State -> Coach’s Show (8/23 @ 6p) & Press Conference (8/24 @ 1240) | The Boneyard

Game Week @ Fresno State -> Coach’s Show (8/23 @ 6p) & Press Conference (8/24 @ 1240)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I really don’t like the idea of McFadden serving as both kicker and punter. All it takes is one bull rush up the middle on a punt that takes him down and our kicking game is in shambles.

I agree, plus the first time he misses a big FG late in the game we'll be wondering if his leg was tired from punting. The only way you let him do both is if he is just head and shoulders better at punting than the other guy.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
I really don’t like the idea of McFadden serving as both kicker and punter. All it takes is one bull rush up the middle on a punt that takes him down and our kicking game is in shambles.
Noe Ruelas has a good leg and is probably on par with what we have had for years. In other words, good. McFadden just hits the ball differently and is special. We won't be in shambles.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I agree, plus the first time he misses a big FG late in the game we'll be wondering if his leg was tired from punting. The only way you let him do both is if he is just head and shoulders better at punting than the other guy.

Unless he punts like 15 times in the game, count me out of the "he missed the FG because his leg was tired from punting" camp.

Reaction Score
Noe Ruelas has a good leg and is probably on par with what we have had for years. In other words, good. McFadden just hits the ball differently and is special. We won't be in shambles.
Ok. My point is that he already won kicking competition. If he has to compete for the punting job, the talent gap isn’t the wide so I’d rather err on the side of caution.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

Randy already moving the goal posts of winning being paramount this week. Don't get all caught up in the score and actually winning. This team is a work in progress. He'll find one week when everything clicks and deem the process a success.

Unfortunately football is about planning, adapting in game and then winning when things aren't going perfect.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Randy already moving the goal posts of winning being paramount this week. Don't get all caught up in the score and actually winning. This team is a work in progress. He'll find one week when everything clicks and deem the process a success.

Unfortunately football is about planning, adapting in game and then winning when things aren't going perfect.
Yeah..he needs to be aware about how that sounds after two years of practice. I get the sentiment...no team will declare they are a finished product in week one...just don't start positioning your team's performance before you even play a game.

Reaction Score
Randy already moving the goal posts of winning being paramount this week. Don't get all caught up in the score and actually winning. This team is a work in progress.
Yeah..he needs to be aware about how that sounds after two years of practice. I get the sentiment...no team will declare they are a finished product in week one...just don't start positioning your team's performance before you even play a game.

It’s really the problem with character limiting tweets… listen to the context in which he makes that statement here @ 7:40 +/- mark towards the end of this segment (he was talking about the o-line @ the time and carries it over to a team comment):

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
It’s really the problem with character limiting tweets… listen to the context in which he makes that statement here @ 7:40 +/- mark towards the end of this segment (he was talking about the o-line @ the time and carries it over to a team comment):

I listened to the podcast and got the context. It's not just a tweet character limit. And yes, it should be said of all teams that they should be performing better in Nov/Dec than in Aug.

After more than 500 days of practice, a held over coaching staff preaching continuity in schemes and assignments and a relatively stable, healthy lineup, there isn't any reason not to have a finished product for game 1.

Reaction Score
No more excuses, the team just need to go out there and perform. We might not win the game, but we sure will be expecting some improvements across the board.

Let's just hope we won't be seeing the same team that gave up big play after big play. At minimal, the defense needs to make some stops.

Reaction Score

What should he do? Guarantee a win? He, as well as all of knows this team hasn’t played in two years and a percentage of the guys that we will rely on never played college football. It would be insane for him to say anything other than what he’s saying. I’m sure he’s confident that the team is in a better place which I believe they are. Let’s just hope as the game goes on we see a more competitive team. We have the personnel now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom