Game Week @ Fresno State -> Coach’s Show (8/23 @ 6p) & Press Conference (8/24 @ 1240) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Game Week @ Fresno State -> Coach’s Show (8/23 @ 6p) & Press Conference (8/24 @ 1240)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I’m pretty excited for the season. I don’t expect us to win. In fact I’d be surprised if we can finish within three touchdowns. The team hasn’t played a competitive down in anger in forever. There will be some hiccups.

Instead of saying “we’re not a finished product” I’d rather hear “we’re really looking forward to see how much we have improved over the extended offseason”.

Bingo.

Reaction Score
Randy is playing with Fresno. "We're a work in progress, don't worry about the score, etc. We'll be better later in the year". Fresno is already game planning for their next game vs Oregon. Shhhh-watch out for the Huskies on Saturday.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
He didn't say dudes, did he?
confused jeff bridges GIF

Reaction Score

->UConn isn’t worried about the fallout from its layoff.

Or the heat.

“We’ve been talking about [playing] forever,” senior left tackle Ryan Van Demark said. “All the 6 a.m. lifts, all the conditioning in the winter. It was all leading up to this moment. The fact that it’s finally here, it’s surreal. It’s the last ride for me and a bunch of the other guys, so we’re ready to go. We’re fired up.”

UConn will fly to Fresno Thursday and practice in the area Friday (forecast, 101 degrees). Saturday’s kickoff is at 2 p.m. — 11 a.m. local time. The game is on CBS Sports Network.

“We did our part in the offseason,” said senior long snapper Brian Keating, of Darien. “We had a fantastic offseason. They worked us out really hard. We’re in really good condition. So we have to control what we can control. We’ve been practicing outside and we’ve been dealing with the humidity around here. Once you can block out that noise and just focus on your craft — and, obviously, hydrate — it’s just a normal game. So we’re excited for it. Bring it on.”<-

-> “I think they’re going to be well prepared to go into it,” Edsall said of UConn players. “I told them [Tuesday], it will be a little bit faster than maybe what we anticipated and you’ll have to adjust to that. We’ve prepared the best way we can and I know our guys are going to be ready to play. I’m not worried about how they’re going to compete, the kind of shape they’re in, everything else. Now, can we go execute at a very high level for 60 minutes on a consistent basis? That is going to be the challenge. I know the guys are going to be ready. All of us have to be ready to make adjustments as we go through the game.” <-

Reaction Score

-> Saturday's season opener will mark the Huskies' first trip to the Golden State in program history. The farthest west the team has traveled for a game was the trip to Boise State on September 8, 2018. The Huskies also traveled over 2,200 miles to compete in the 2011 Fiesta Bowl in Glendale, Ariz.

Four Huskies hail from the state of California and Saturday's contest will mark a homecoming of sorts for Diamond Harrell, Tre Wortham, D.J. Morgan, and Nilay Upadhyayula. Harrell is from Los Angeles, Wortham grew up in Stockton, Morgan is from Norwalk and Upadhyayula hails from San Jose.

Saturday's game marks the first time UConn opened the season on the road since traveling to Ann Arbor, Mich. to take on the Wolverines on September 4, 2010. The last time UConn won a season opener on the road was the previous season. The Huskies traveled to Athens, Ohio and defeated OU, 23-16, on September 5, 2009. <-

Reaction Score
Not that it really matters, but PHX is more than 350 miles further from BDL than the conservatively reported "over 2,200 miles". Only about 40 miles closer than Boise (2,583 mi), UConn gridiron's farthest away game destination.

After Fresno (~3,035 mi), ideally AD DB schedules a future 13th regular season Hawaii game (Honolulu ~5,010 miles). All things relative, potentially my 2nd longest UConn football road trip after HK to ORD (7,783) + train (111) to South Bend, then on to CT before return flight home to HK. These things matter sort of, make it happen AD DB!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom