game visitors? | The Boneyard

game visitors?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I hear that Megan Walker was in attendance at the game last night? Were there any other potential targets at the game?

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Don't know about Walker, but there was a gathering of UCONN alum including Sue Bird, Maria Conlon, Swin Cash and her hubby and Ann Strother.

rbny1

Gotham Husky Fanatic
Reaction Score
Former men's player Andre Drummond was there also, sitting courtside. He was in town because the Pistons play the Knicks tonight at MSG. He was very friendly and accommodating to people who asked to take selfies with him or asked for his autograph. After the game, he, Geno and CD joined together on the court and chatted for several minutes. They were having a good time; then again, Geno always has a good time talking.

CTyankee

Proud member of King Geno's Court
Reaction Score
There is a picture on Instagram of all the alums together on the court after the game...

HGN

Reaction Score
Don't know if Megan Walker was there or not.............But if any prospect was there , the game spoke volumes for both teams. UConn played well and won. Maryland played well but lost. A recruit could feel good with either. The BIG difference right now as I see it could be UConn has far more Championship experience (10 NC's) and pedigree than most.

Reaction Score
Don't know if Megan Walker was there or not...But if any prospect was there , the game spoke volumes for both teams. UConn played well and won. Maryland played well but lost. A recruit could feel good with either. The BIG difference right now as I see it could be UConn has far more Championship experience (10 NC's) and pedigree than most.

By academic reputation, the universities are about equal; it would depend on which school within the hierarchy the recruit wanted to attend before a difference would be apparent. Being in the Big Ten does give Maryland a great advantage.

Reaction Score
Okay, here it is:

With two of the seven schools on her college list in action here Monday night, Megan Walker -- the No. 1 recruit in the Class of 2017 -- and her parents made the drive from Chesterfield, Virginia, to watch the Huskies and Terrapins. They had some of the best seats in the house -- two rows behind the UConn bench. UConn Class of 2016 signee Molly Bent was also in attendance and behind the Huskies' bench ... The win over Maryland was the 47th straight for UConn, matching its own mark for the fourth-longest winning streak in NCAA history. The Huskies now hold four of the top five winning streaks. UConn is 1-2 with streaks of 90 (2008-10) and 70 (2001-03). Louisiana Tech has the third longest streak at 54 (1980-82) ...

[LINK] to information rich article

Last edited:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
"Stewart was reminded that while she passed Taurasi in points, she was still about 325 behind the former UConn great in assists: "How many do I have to go, a lot?" Stewart said. "Hey, I've been dropping dimes lately." From SNY linkin JavaMan's post. Gotta love Stewie's attitude.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
CXXhu20WYAAmlNl.jpg:large

Previous

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
It's good to see Ann with the group. She hasn't been around much.

2 questions:

1. When did Sue become as tall as Swin? :(

2. Who is that between Swin and Andre? It looks like Ketia.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I was looking for Megan but couldn't find her. I did see one attractive young African-American girl on the way out. I chatted up her group briefly. She's a 6'3" freshman playing in Newark. Memo to Geno ...

Reaction Score
It's good to see Ann with the group. She hasn't been around much.

2 questions:

1. When did Sue become as tall as Swin? :(

2. Who is that between Swin and Andre? It looks like Ketia.

1. Speaking for myself, I lost an inch or three from my spine when I got married:D.
2. My first guess was Tahirah Williams.

Reaction Score
Great photo. Who is the woman between Andre and Swin?

Good question!
Anyone have the answer?

Swin_and.png

My guess is what Milford said, Ketia Swanier.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
By academic reputation, the universities are about equal; it would depend on which school within the hierarchy the recruit wanted to attend before a difference would be apparent. Being in the Big Ten does give Maryland a great advantage.

And Maryland has DC. Think about the appeal of the capital of the US with its diverse population, major sports teams, superb architecture and museums, Broadway bound theater, fabulous restaurants, clubs, etc. I believe that it's safe to say Washington is a great draw for young people wanting excitement. Then, of course, there's the Terps' low-key coach . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom