Game Turned On Sanogo's Foul | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Game Turned On Sanogo's Foul

Reaction Score
We had scored on 6 of 7 possessions before that. We had all the momentum. It was a killer.

I lump in the Jackson "foul" on him with a minute left when we were down 1 as well (that setup the Cole turnover). He had played good D, and I didn't see much.

Agreed. I didn't see a foul there at all. Was a massive bail out call in a huge situation.

Reaction Score
Yes, you have, Chief. This time he wasn't even hedging, he was "guarding" a shooter 30 feet from the basket. In Sanogo's defense, he's played relatively little basketball compared to most good players his age. Also, he works on his weaknesses, so I expect an even better version of him next year.
I don’t blame Adama, I blame the strategy that puts him in that location, where nothing good is going to happen.

Reaction Score
Sanogo had three subpar games to finish the season. But that foul didn't lose the game, the first half did. It cut our margin for error to zero. It gave them confidence.

He has been doubled and tripled because AJ and Whaley are left open. We are playing 3 on 5. He has to kick it out but to whom? Whaley made them pay a few times. Is the staff telling him to not kick out? Get shooters on the floor, space them and then it should open the lane for Sanogo. That would help RJ too.

AJ cannot get the same minutes going forward. He is a huge liability on offense and can not stay in front of anyone. Why he can’t he work on a regular jump shot, this is insane. The push shot has to go.

Reaction Score
Chief has been making the point all season, worse than the foul itself, what was he doing 35 feet from the basket? That’s the root problem that leads to everything bad.
He wasn't out there from hedging in man to man. Pretty sure we were playing zone and he ended up get rotated out there at the end of the zone clock after we shut them down for 27 seconds.

Reaction Score
When he fouled Allen, I called a buddy and told him that foul may have cost us the game. It was not necessarily the 3 points but we had momentum and that play stopped our momentum. They were beginning to panic and that foul calmed them down.
All of that may be true but the game is 40 minutes in duration so if we even went into the second half down by 2-3 that foul should not have mattered. I will repeat again that this game was not lost on one or two plays but taken as a whole the game was played poorly from many aspects.

Reaction Score
Agreed. I didn't see a foul there at all. Was a massive bail out call in a huge situation.

Sanogo ran thru Allen, that was a no brainer. But the Jackson foul was not only not a foul it was completely inconsistent with the manner in which the game was being called. Just way too big a bailout in a high leverage situation.

Reaction Score
I felt that no call on his breakaway dunk in first half affected him. He finally went strong to the hoop and was not rewarded. He totally got hacked
How about he dunks it so hard the backboard shatters? He should have been thinking dunk all the way.

Reaction Score
Allen lit us up all night. The way he was shooting he might have made it had he not been fouled. He also created the foul, he wasn’t ready to shoot but new Sanogo was coming in on him. Kicked his legs out and all.

When I saw Allen make those two fadeaways in a row in the first half I knew the game was going to be tough. He was well guarded on both attempts, even the announcers said it.

Allen was good. Shoulda been T’d up a few times though.

Reaction Score
3 games of what happened to adama? I say he’s hurt.
I hope he was hurt because other than a couple of games, his second half of the season was not at all Big East caliber and it hurt the team performance. Also, if he wasn’t hurt and just played poorly it diminishes the outlook for next year

Reaction Score
How about he dunks it so hard the backboard shatters? He should have been thinking dunk all the way.
He couldn’t dunk it because he left his feet too far away from the basket. Should have gathered himself, jump stop at basket and dunk.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
I was wondering if there was a prop bet for a double dribble being called. Hopefully Whaley cashed in.
My kid is learning to play basketball and after I used some profanity under my breath watching, it was a great teaching moment to rewind and show him something never to do. Making lemonade out of lemons I guess, but I just can’t believe a Division I player in his 5th year of college basketball would do that in a game.

Reaction Score
Sanogo ran thru Allen, that was a no brainer. But the Jackson foul was not only not a foul it was completely inconsistent with the manner in which the game was being called. Just way too big a bailout in a high leverage situation.
Yes…100% agreed.

Reaction Score
I don’t blame Adama, I blame the strategy that puts him in that location, where nothing good is going to happen.
Except we weren't hard hedging on that possession. We were in zone defense, Sanogo was in the paint and followed Allen out to the 3 point line and fouled him

Reaction Score
Except we weren't hard hedging on that possession. We were in zone defense, Sanogo was in the paint and followed Allen out to the 3 point line and fouled him
???? - Can you read? It’s fundamental. Did I say anything about high hedging in the post you quoted? Rather the scheme put him in a position where nothing good happens. Covering a long 3 point shot.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamie Taco

Top Bottom