Game thread? | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Game thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Gotta give guys chances to catch the ball in the end zone. our coaches seldom give our guys that opportunity .

Someone else said it in the thread, but on 2nd and 1, you can actually throw the ball. BS can always pick up 1 yard if the pocket collapses. No need to continue to call QB sneaks all damned day...

Reaction Score
Already in FG range... how can you let someone get behind you with no time left? If there's one time to give some cushion, and it seems we do it more often than not...that's it. You can't get beat deep for the TD at that point. Just keep the play in front of you. Not smart football.
Did they have man cover on?

Reaction Score
How about the roughing the passer call? It's not the FG's or Beals, this was poor defense. We had Milton scampering around for his life only to let him complete every pass.
The defensive lineman are slow as death. They bring no extra pressure with speed.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
The defensive lineman are slow as death. They bring no extra pressure with speed.

That's why I like Diggs as the first LB in. He seems to me to have the speed and mentality to clean all those plays up for the big boys...

Reaction Score
Not impressed with Diaco's D. It's bends then breaks a lot. The whole theory is no big plays, yet we seem to give a lot of yardage and get ourselves into tough spots a lot.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Complete domination, and we're up by 2. This has the feel of turning into "one of those games." Hopefully we come out punching in the third quarter...
Bob needs to punch himself in the face

Reaction Score
Someone else said it in the thread, but on 2nd and 1, you can actually throw the ball. BS can always pick up 1 yard if the pocket collapses. No need to continue to call QB sneaks all damned day...
Best down to throw deep is 2nd and 1. not for us though. still hell bent on this power run game philosophy .

Reaction Score
Already in FG range... how can you let someone get behind you with no time left? If there's one time to give some cushion, and it seems we do it more often than not...that's it. You can't get beat deep for the TD at that point. Just keep the play in front of you. Not smart football.
I can't remember when I've ever seen a UConn dback turn and look for the ball. They just play the man.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I can't remember when I've ever seen a UConn dback turn and look for the ball. They just play the man.
Except Obi cost us going for the pick earlier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak