Game thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
And a big rebound, dribbles through the press and finds Lamb down court for 2. What a 20 second stretch for Boatright.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Just get out with a win. I am NOT happy that Calhoun won't be practicing with them any more after this. Because they need a LOT of practice.

I'll be pleasantly surprised if they get through Calhoun's suspension without a loss.

Reaction Score
These kids just have not learned how to play with a big lead yet. I would have thought the UCF game would have served as a lesson, but it appears that it may take awhile until it sinks in. I will take the positive view and and look forward to the wonderful results that we will see when that light comes on.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
They certainly seem to lose focus when they get up big. Then, when things get hairy, they struggle to get that focus back.

Not good at all. This is the 2nd time we've had a huge lead in the 2nd half of a game, then just stopped playing.

Reaction Score
SNY called tarik turner a former st johns star. How many stars average 3 points per game in their senior year?

Reaction Score
They certainly seem to lose focus when they get up big. Then, when things get hairy, they struggle to get that focus back.

Not good at all. This is the 2nd time we've had a huge lead in the 2nd half of a game, then just stopped playing.

They will figure it out. Sometimes we forget how young this team still is and they are transitioning from having one of the all time greats leading them to figuring out who is going to lead them now. It might take time, but it will come.

Reaction Score

It's a horrible trait for any team to have. It will make every single road game remaining a potential loss if they don't correct it. The 2 players that need to stop it sooner before it gets to the level of the UCF loss or even tonight are Lamb and Napier and they didn't. Oriakhi could have been one of those guys but he is going down another path this year it seems.

Reaction Score
they played not to lose, rather than win... defensively we were very lazy (especially shabazz), going under screens, floating giving them good looks at 3's. our bigs did not touch the ball over the last 10 or so minutes. way too much one on one and really no offensive cohesion in the 2nd half. i really believe from a pure talent standpoint this may be our best team ever. but, there is a long way to go before we get that chemistry and cohesion. lamb has to assert himself as THE guy and our pg's have to distribute and be smarter w/ the ball.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
It's a horrible trait for any team to have. It will make every single road game remaining a potential loss if they don't correct it. The 2 players that need to stop it sooner before it gets to the level of the UCF loss or even tonight are Lamb and Napier and they didn't. Oriakhi could have been one of those guys but he is going down another path this year it seems.

I hate to interrupt you stalking American Idol/GOP presidential candidates on twitter, but they learned from the UCF loss based on how they closed the game out.

After last year, how can anyone complain about anything?

Reaction Score
Olander, Boatright, Oriahki, Daniels, Roscoe all had lousy games. they each had moments, but overall played terribly. Andre, Shabazz were very good, outside of a few spots, and Lamb was sub-par for him (which is still better than most).

glad to get out with a win. we always seem to have trouble playing down to the opponents level...but with that, comes the probability that we'll play UP to the better teams levels.

on a side note.... im pretty sure they just showed a little girl picking her nose, then putting her finger in her mouth. gross

Reaction Score
Olander, Boatright, Oriahki, Daniels, Roscoe all had lousy games. they each had moments, but overall played terribly.
In a minute or so stretch, Boatright - Hit a huge, clutch 3, pulled down a contested rebound, and hit free throws to put the game out of reach.

He had 5 assists, 7 boards, only 2 TOs, 1 steal, and made 5 of 6 free throws. In only 27 minutes. Drummond played 8 minutes longer and only had 2 more boards.

Also, he played very respectable and active D.

The only real negative on his line was that he was 1 for 7 from the field.

He was not only not terrible. He was very good. If I wanted to nit-pick, I could say he had a bad shooting night, but I wouldn't say he took bad shots. Maybe two ill-advised shots in a short stretch. He's a freshman.

Geez dude. Ease up on the rope and cut some slack. :oops:

Reaction Score
In a minute or so stretch, Boatright - Hit a huge, clutch 3, pulled down a contested rebound, and hit free throws to put the game out of reach.

He had 5 assists, 7 boards, only 2 TOs, 1 steal, and made 5 of 6 free throws. In only 27 minutes. Drummond played 8 minutes longer and only had 2 more boards.

Also, he played very respectable and active D.

The only real negative on his line was that he was 1 for 7 from the field.

He was not only not terrible. He was very good. If I wanted to nit-pick, I could say he had a bad shooting night, but I wouldn't say he took bad shots. Maybe two ill-advised shots in a short stretch. He's a freshman.

Geez dude. Ease up on the rope and cut some slack. :oops:

like i said...they each had moments. boat had a very bad first half. a couple turnovers, a poor shooting night, and a couple key defensive lapses (including a late 3 where he lost his man). i added "they each had moments", and that 30 sec span he was phenomenal, but overall he had trouble in the beginning, and then was timid on both ends until that last span.

i love boat, and im not trying to be a jerk...i just think this wasnt his best game.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Calhoun described Boatright's game as awful, and he said it 3 or 4 times.

I thought he played poorly...but when we needed a big shot, he came up big. Kid's got stones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom