game thread: | Page 7 | The Boneyard

game thread:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Alarmed at Tuck's lack of minutes.

And for all the talk of Jefferson starting she's not been on the court when Syracuse made their run.

Moriah is out because Hillsman's plan was to trap her after each made basket, and she can't see over their traps. Might as well let her play through it, 'cause she'll see it every game once she's the lead guard.

Tuck's absence is a complete mystery.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Mo has only 1 t/o; much less than any of the upper-classmen

Reaction Score
I don't understand why Moriah hasn't played more. Kudos to Stewart for a very solid game.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
This will be a great game to watch the two halves to understand the importance of movement and what happens when it stops. You could run a clinic off the two halves.

Kelly with a clutch basket.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
In my view, not great use of personnel in all respects including tomorrow.

Reaction Score
I would love to say UConn won this game, but it feels just as much like Syracuse lost it - because they don't believe they're capable of beating us.

You could see it in their huddle at 1:40 when the lead was only 10 points. Instead of getting each other fired up, they just looked bored. Weird team.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I would love to say UConn won this game, but it feels just as much like Syracuse lost it - because they don't believe they're capable of beating us.

You could see it in their huddle at 1:40 when the lead was only 10 points. Instead of getting each other fired up, they just looked bored. Weird team.
Completely agree, ghost, I was amazed they just folded up their tent.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
ASweet, it is mental fatigue not physical.

Reaction Score
It's a good thing that it was Stewart and Bria leading the charge this game. (And last). We know what we'll get from Kelly, KML, and Dolson. We need those two for a championship. The fact that the other three had an off game tonight...not worrisome.

I do wish he'd play Tuck and Jefferson more. But I understand his problem. In big games, he's going to want to play Bria, Kelly, KML, and Dolson as much as possible (over 35 minutes.) That leaves one position for 4 players (Caroline, Jefferson, Tuck, and Stewie.) Stewie is going to get a majority of those minutes.

Reaction Score
It's a good thing that it was Stewart and Bria leading the charge this game. (And last).

Stewart, yes. Bria...to an extent. She needs to stop passing the ball to the other team or putting her teammates in spots where they aren't in a position to be successful.

Reaction Score
Bria was pressed the entire game, and actually never turned it over (during the press). The entire team had a spell of being stupid with the ball. I don't see how that's just Bria's fault.

She's not going to be mistake free in the game. But if she plays like she has been these past two games, we've got a much better shot at a championship than if we got the Bria of the regular season.

Reaction Score
Bria was pressed the entire game, and actually never turned it over (during the press). The entire team had a spell of being stupid with the ball. I don't see how that's just Bria's fault.

I didn't say it was just Bria's fault-it wasn't. I just don't think she's all the way back, that's all. Still, she's definitely been much better over the last two games. I'm happy for her.

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
What about the guarding of Mo, standing over her so she can't see anything? What's with that and how can it be broken?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom