Game thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrazz12

BEast mode
Reaction Score
These refs blow. Solid effort so far, gotta clean it up a bit but fantastic defense. Wish the crowd was more into this game

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Not sure if Philip Nolan, or Hasheem Thabeet in his prime...

Reaction Score
I know we say this every game but come on Bazz your the best player on the court. This is a good team we're playing against and no one can score like you. Take it over!

Reaction Score
I still can't believe they called a travel on Napier when Lubick fouled him.

Then they gave that Smith-Hyphen guy a call on less contact on the next possession.

Reactions: caw

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
Boat was clobbered after he released that first floater. That's just willfully ignoring contact by the officials.

Thank Mike Aresco....He sets the tone for the conference officials....UConn is not permitted to infringe on his party....

The game is absolutely rigged.

Reaction Score
Who the freak is this studio guy for ESPN....gives UCONN some credit for their defense then says "Otto Porter just looks tired...maybe because he shouldered so much of the load vs Syracuse".....Huh?????....umm...that was 4 freakin' days ago...How about 5 games in 5 days buddy???? Kemba anyone?????

Reaction Score
The halftime commentator is an idiot. The reason Otto Porter was held to 1 point was because he was tired from the Syracuse game on Saturday? We played INSANELY good defense in the first half but of course that's not the reason :rolleyes:

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
I know we say this every game but come on Bazz your the best player on the court. This is a good team we're playing against and no one can score like you. Take it over!

They are double and triple teaming him every time he touches it. So far, a really solid effort by an undersized Husky team. Yet again.

caw

Reaction Score
Who the freak is this studio guy for ESPN....gives UCONN some credit for their defense then says "Otto Porter just looks tired...maybe because he shouldered so much of the load vs Syracuse".....Huh?????....umm...that was 4 freakin' days ago...How about 5 games in 5 days buddy???? Kemba anyone?????

Giffey and Daniels and Calhoun are playing fantastic defense on Porter. He's big, has a good handle and is a great shooter, but he's not exactly quick.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
ESPN blows chunks....

I am waiting for the good citizens of Bristol to finally go after that fetid cesspool with pitchforks and torches....

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I just said the same thing to my buddy- all the uconn players 5 in 5

caw

Reaction Score
They are double and triple teaming him every time he touches it. So far, a really solid effort by an undersized Husky team. Yet again.

They are doing the same to Napier. These two teams are actually pretty similar in defensive philosophy (at least tonight).

Reaction Score
Porter hasn't got it going but neither have our 3 guards....we knock 4+ 3's in second half and stop turnovers can win this game.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
Porter hasn't gotten it going but neither have our 3 guards....we knock 4+ 3's in second half and stop turnovers can win this game.

G-Town is playing excellent perimeter defense. The reason we are winning is due to our fast break. I hope we get some open three shots but you don't force it.

caw

Reaction Score
G-Town is playing excellent perimeter defense. The reason we are winning is due to our fast break. I hope we get some open three shots but you don't force it.

And Daniels. He has come to play in the first half.

Reaction Score
Don't force it but when giffey on the floor we have 5 guys who can make 3's....can't guard them all.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
Thank Mike Aresco....He sets the tone for the conference officials....UConn is not permitted to infringe on his party....

The game is absolutely rigged.

Seriously? You really think Aresco has told the officials to give G-Town the game? It's amazing the lengths ones mind goes to.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
Don't force it but when giffey on the floor we have 5 guys who can make 3's....can't guard them all.

Completely agree. But Bazz and Boat are not going to get open shots unless there is penetration and kick.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
And then Bazz gets a wide open three chance. I know nothing.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
Seriously? You really think Aresco has told the officials to give G-Town the game? It's amazing the lengths ones mind goes to.

If the NCAA can pull the crap that they have....what makes the Big East immune?

I don't know what to believe at this point....But anyone who would kick us out of his tournament would certainly want to eliminate the embarrassment of having us win out....

Now...If you looked at that replay and saw what I did....and then said to yourself...."Wow! That sure was a great call that ref made!" I guess there is nothing else to be said....

And if you have watched all the flagrant fouling that has been going on with no call....well....I guess there is nothing else to be said....

These bastards are corrupt....

We can discuss just how deep the corruption runs...and we might argue about how and where the corruption manifests....But they are definitely corrupt.

Reaction Score
If you go to the ESPN homepage it hag G'Town playing at Cuse on the lead pic! R u serious!!!!!!!???? ESPN can't even throw us up there? Jesus h Chris......

Reaction Score
You want Omar and DD to be aggressive, but every time they drive baseline, I cringe. I'd love to see our success rate on possessions when that happens.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
without bazz it will be tough but he will be back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads