Game Thread | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Not a bad 1/2. The kids are playin hard and no hangin heads after easy inside buckets. Looks like we will be playing some zone to save what bigs we have and hopefully steal this one at the end.

Reaction Score
Problem is that we want to run so we don't have to play in the halfcourt, but our guards have to rebound too. They can't leak out. So we can't run.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk

Don't think it's a matter of the guards not rebounding - Shabazz is tied with Giffey for the team high with four.

Marquette is begging UConn to win this game. UConn needs to run, and hit their open threes. We know rebounding is going to be a struggle for this team, but they can't get completely b*tch slapped down low.

Reaction Score
At some point this year our team might get rebounded by a single player. But we can still win that game if we create turnovers, get loose balls, and knock down treys

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Not a bad 1/2. The kids are playin hard and no hangin heads after easy inside buckets. Looks like we will be playing some zone to save what bigs we have and hopefully steal this one at the end.
I agree. On the road against a veteran team and still gaming. A gritty team.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I think people are positive the front court is a negative.

What ever happened to rooting for your guys? I can't stand guys not trying or playing selfishly. Otherwise, if your guy is giving it his best shot, that's all you can ask.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Don't think it's a matter of the guards not rebounding - Shabazz is tied with Giffey for the team high with four.

Marquette is begging UConn to win this game. UConn needs to run, and hit their open threes. We know rebounding is going to be a struggle for this team, but they can't get completely b*tch slapped down low.
I think the point is that the guards can't start fast breaks if they have to help out the front line all the time.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
What ever happened to rooting for your guys? I can't stand guys not trying or playing selfishly. Otherwise, if your guy is giving it his best shot, that's all you can ask.
I'm rooting for them. I think they are playing their hearts out. I was just being funny.

Reaction Score
He's on pace for four rebounds and two outlet passes.

Don't get me wrong, I like TO - in a way I feel for him. He's being asked to do more than he's capable of. He can be effective as the second big sneaking in for rebounds, but he can't be the only one battling down there. He's just not good enough. It'd be like asking RJ or Neils to play point guard.
After this half I might have to rethink saying your D2 frontcourt comment was hyperbole. If they can put up a better fight on the defensive glass they can easily win this, but that first half didn't inspire much confidence that it will get better.

Reaction Score
What keeps me sane is realizing that we lost four bigmen before the season. On the other hand if we want to be an annual Top 15 team, we can't keep recruiting bigmen that are 2-3 year projects. I'd argue that when recruited TO, EW, PN and LT were all considered projects.

Reaction Score
Transition D and rebounding were huge issues in the first half, if we can improve that we pull this one out.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Bad start!
Looked like a clean strip by Bazz but picked up the foul

Reaction Score
All of our bigs are being asked to do more than they should be. It was like when we had Austrie-Garrison at PG as freshmen. We had to accept that those kids were doing the best they could, but were typically overmatched.

Reaction Score
Three threes against the zone doing exactly what Marquette wants really disappointing start to the 2nd half.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Now they can't miss
And we brick open perimeter shots every time down

Reaction Score

If you can say that the guards stunk up the joint against UW why can't it be pointed out that a minimally competent front court would probably get them a W tonight? It's like playing 3 on 5 every time out.

Reaction Score
Omar hasnt hit a 3 it seems in forever. Would like to see Giffey in there. Hes been our best rebounder

ctchamps

Reaction Score
At least they have no offensive rebounds in second half.

caw

Reaction Score
Olander has really regressed this year. I don't think he's done a thing well this game or against UW. I want him to succeed, but watching him play is frustrating.

Daniels is good offensively and defensively but he needs some weight to play the four, because he gets pushed around way to much to rebound.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom