Game thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Still with RB, SN and OC - we should be much better than this. Offensively our sets are terrible - it's been that way for several years though.

Reaction Score
If Kevin Ollie is not head coach at UConn next year it will not be Warde Manuel's fault (and this coming from someone who thinks Manuel should be gone for what went down last week).

Jim Calhoun has left Kevin Ollie with arguably on paper the worst UConn team since the mid's 80's. Even 2007 had more talent than this bunch. Calhoun should have bit the bullet and coached this year.

Either JC should have stayed and faced the music...or he should have left after Kemba gave him his 3rd NC and let Ollie have a crack at doing something with a group that had some talent. Based on what I'm watching tonight, March 9th can't come fast enough for this group. We never shot well. Now we add no defense, less rebounding.

Reaction Score
Unfortunately we're watching the new reality of UConn basketball. Without quality big men, every game will be a struggle.

It's just the "this year reality". They'll get some bigs in the spring once Ollie is signed that will compliment / start over the ones we have now. Facey is on board already and he looks like he'll do some big things by the time he's graduated or moved on (in good standing of course). Remember, Ollie is a ridic recruiter, kids love him. He just needs the long term deal

Reaction Score
Still with RB, SN and OC - we should be much better than this. Offensively our sets are terrible - it's been that way for several years though.

I don't think so. Our big men are terrible, truly terrible. Napier had a good team around him last year and couldn't lead it. That says something about him.

Reaction Score
3s not going down late like Stony Brook. Maybe shooters should move closer to the basket.

Reaction Score
I guess your saying that Calhoun caused the defections because he certainly recruited AO and Roscoe and frankly Lamb could have stayed were it not for the dough.

The fact is this was going to be a really rough year regardless of who was coach. It could cost Ollie the job.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I don't think so. Our big men are terrible, truly terrible. Napier had a good team around him last year and couldn't lead it. That says something about him.
Played with broken foot all season that required surgery off season. That says a lot about him. Not sure a complaining anonymous poster can show me more.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I really like the offense when Wolf gets the ball in the high post. Everyone seems to move and we get good separation.

Reaction Score
It's just the "this year reality". They'll get some bigs in the spring once Ollie is signed that will compliment / start over the ones we have now. Facey is on board already and he looks like he'll do some big things by the time he's graduated or moved on (in good standing of course). Remember, Ollie is a ridic recruiter, kids love him. He just needs the long term deal

I do believe Kev will be a good coach and is a good recruiter. That said there is no one we are going go get in the spring that is going to be a game changer next year. Next year you will see the same guys who will be better and a deeper bench.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Giffey's as bad as could be tonight.

Reaction Score
TV guys joking about all the America East teams we're playing. Ollie: "We'll be champions of the America East." And yes, we'd make a very creditable mid-major, but I don't think that's the direction we ought to be aiming at.

Reaction Score
This has been gruesome to watch. It's going to be a huge adjustment this season for those of us used to watching top-level UConn basketball.

Reaction Score
DD got nudge out for a rebound to a NH dude.

BE we're ready?!

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
Things would be better if we had cuter cheerleaders.

Reaction Score
This had better not be the "new reality". You'd also have a hard time convincing me that JC kept his promise to pass on the program in a position of strength.

caw

Reaction Score
Still a game up from where I was projecting them at the beginning of the season. Not much more you can pull from this borefest. Defense was OK, shooting sucked. Announcers were horrible, I got more from watching on mute. Rebounding was a better effort. Middle still lacks a lot.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Still a game up from where I was projecting them at the beginning of the season. Not much more you can pull from this borefest. Defense was OK, shooting sucked. Announcers were horrible, I got more from watching on mute. Rebounding was a better effort. Middle still lacks a lot.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Giffey's as bad as could be tonight.
He played decent defense but he was the 180 degree opposite from last game on offense. He had the one nice deep 2 that he used Wolf as a screen otherwise Nada.

Reaction Score
No focus except in very short stretches. Heck, Boat bounced on off his shoe bringing the ball up court.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
No focus except in very short stretches. Heck, Boat bounced on off his shoe bringing the ball up court.
But at least he got his midrange pull up jumper going in this game!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom