Game Thread - UConn vs. Creighton | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Game Thread - UConn vs. Creighton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
In the first half, when UConn was pressing, Creighton took a 3 when they broke the press. In the second half, when UConn wasn't pressing, Creighton was going to score down low, so they were looking to take 3's by design. Half of their shots taken in the game were from 3 pt land.

Reaction Score
Well, that one is in the books. Next up for practice - defending the 3! A lot of uncontested 3s for Creighton. Don't know if that was by design or defensive breakdown.

Seems to be a problem with the style of defense we play. Last year's team seemed to give up a lot of 3's also. Maybe it has to do with playing off the shooter so as not to get foul calls.

Reaction Score
Kia Nurse looked sensational. Her shot was on target today. She gets to the hole coast to coast- can finish Just sensational.

Reaction Score
Too bad that Edwards is getting so little time. I had hopes she'd be more of a contributor.

Of course it's still verrrry early, but usually the players that don't "get it" right away take a while to get it.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
Too bad that Edwards is getting so little time. I had hopes she'd be more of a contributor.

Of course it's still verrrry early, but usually the players that don't "get it" right away take a while to get it.
Agree about Edwards. Maybe she's not producing in practice. We are kind of stacked at the guard spot...MoJeff, Nurse, Chong, KML,...

Reaction Score
Agree about Edwards. Maybe she's not producing in practice. We are kind of stacked at the guard spot...MoJeff, Nurse, Chong, KML,...

I'm sure it's practice.

But KML was out today, and she's really more of a 3. Having four guards really isn't too many to play if they're capable.

HGN

Reaction Score
I was really surprised as well that Sadie didn't get in when the score was so lopsided. Has to be disappointing for her.

Hopefully it makes her mad enough to really go hard in upcoming practices.

Reaction Score
Hopefully there is a replay on one of these channels. I missed the game!!

Reaction Score
Just watched the game a second time. Way better intensity on D, leading to easy points. The way it's suppose to be if things are clicking.

I'll whine this once and then not again this season. Promise.

The officiating is beyond bad...both ways, although it does appear that the officials, probably unconsciously, maybe not, protect the other team when we are kicking butt. It has happened for years, but has been especially apparent in the first two games this season.

Also, the 'emphasis' fouls are silly. When you call a foul on Mo for a finger, really, a finger, for a bare moment on her assignment, but then immediately allow a mugging down low on the same play, well, what do you say. I call BS.

One last observation. The officials still haven't caught up with the women's top players. Watch how many times the ref calls a travel when the replay clearly shows that the zebra and the opponent went for an excellent head fake.

Ok. I'll stifle now.

Reaction Score
Intpseeker said:
Just watched the game a second time. Way better intensity on D, leading to easy points. The way it's suppose to be if things are clicking.

I'll whine this once and then not again this season. Promise.

The officiating is beyond bad...both ways, although it does appear that the officials, probably unconsciously, maybe not, protect the other team when we are kicking butt. It has happened for years, but has been especially apparent in the first two games this season.

Also, the 'emphasis' fouls are silly. When you call a foul on Mo for a finger, really, a finger, for a bare moment on her assignment, but then immediately allow a mugging down low on the same play, well, what do you say. I call BS.

One last observation. The officials still haven't caught up with the women's top players. Watch how many times the ref calls a travel when the replay clearly shows that the zebra and the opponent went for an excellent head fake.

Ok. I'll stifle now.

Didn't anyone ever teach you not to make promises you can't keep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom