Game thread-UConn vs C of C | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Game thread-UConn vs C of C

Status
Not open for further replies.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Mo picked up a dumb foul there, her second. She'll need to learn the when to be aggressive and when to back off on D. But that's to be expected of a freshman in her first game. She's already exceeded my expectations of how good she can be at this point in the season.

Exactly - and you'd much rather see someone aggressive and a bit overamped on the defensive end than the other way around.

She is just going to have to learn to be a little more opportunistic and not ride the ballhandler quite so close all the time, especially against the better teams with experienced PGs. She will get steals but she'll pick up too many quick fouls.

Reaction Score
I wonder if the freshmen are passing to each other so well because they have played together so much, even before they came to UConn? Stewart's last pass (to Tuck? no sure) didn't look like a first-game pass. I'm so excited to watch these guys this year!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Breanna doesn't [yet] give you that feeling that she's always in the right place at the right time......but the thing is, she can make a play and/or recover from almost anywhere! Yowsah!

It's so early - just think as she gains more experience and figures out the flow. My goodness.
Geno said that she makes mistakes. And then makes up for them.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Basically, the one downside is that Bria is hurt. Everyone else is at or above what I expected.

Game 2 in College Station is going to be a different sort of game for sure, but this team is so stacked I don't know that it matters.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
I'd like to see Kiah in there with Morgan at the PF spot for some extended minutes and see how that looks.

And we may just see a lot of that in the 2nd half !!

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Like the trust Geno is showing Mo letting her play with two fouls.

Of course she promptly threw a bad pass, but whatevs. :)

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Mo picked up her dribble way out there. For no reason. :p

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Then Mo threw a pass that was so brilliant that Stef wasn't expecting it. She'll get used to it. Good recovery by Stef too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom