Game thread: UConn @ Tulsa | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Game thread: UConn @ Tulsa

Reaction Score
Adams made like 3-4 big shots in this game.

He barely missed 2 big shots, and nailed 3, perhaps more depending on your definition of "big."

Unfair to pin a "can't hit a big shot" description on him after today especially, case of recency bias BIG TIME.

Purv...no argument.
He played well, my point is with the game on the line he cannot make a shot. Missed a layup at the buzzer, a jumper with 15 secs left, a 3 at the buzzer (not really blaming him for that but the point remains).

Reaction Score
He missed two 3s in the final min of OT and a layup at the buzzer and a jumper with 15 secs left in regulation to take the lead.

0-4 with chances to win the game, so with the game on the line he and Purvis cannot hit a shot, been that way for a while. Try to keep up big guy.

Like I want to "keep up big guy" with a dope like you? I'm fine where I am you're the guy who was hammering him when opening at 3-15 this year then we couldn't find your weak a** when he was ripping it up in Maui so you keep up big guy. You're too predictable, thanks for showing up that's you Jer!

Reaction Score
He played well, my point is with the game on the line he cannot make a shot. Missed a layup at the buzzer, a jumper with 15 secs left, a 3 at the buzzer (not really blaming him for that but the point remains).

No your point was to hammer on Adams do't back off now pal!

Reaction Score
Just stop. We get it. They are under manned. And who is bashing them? The simple fact is of the seven scholarship players, 6 aren't very good. Regardless of health, this is a game they should have won. Instead, they again found a way to lose. The reality is this team is non-competitive. The reality is I never expected to applaud effort and ignore results. This is simply brutal. As is those on this board who are making excuses.
You don't know if freshman will be good, as far as the seniors I agree not great. Ofcourse we should have won the game but they didn't. By the way we have 8 scholarship players not 7.....although only 5 or 6 look ready to play, if that. It's a freakin lost season...accept that and hopefully the team overall is better in March and we win the AAC tourney however unlikely. If they suck this bad next year then we have a major problem.

Reaction Score
Like I want to "keep up big guy" with a dope like you? I'm fine where I am you're the guy who was hammering him when opening at 3-15 this year then we couldn't find your weak a** when he was ripping it up in Maui so you keep up big guy. You're too predictable, thanks for showing up that's you Jer!
Mau you are too dumb to write outside the quote box. Glad you went back and edited to figure it out.

You have 20k posts on a message board. You have proven to be stupid and a loser with a lot of time on his hands. Also, you Maui point proves me right, but again I cannot expect you to understand that.

Reaction Score
Get a life....you don't know if freshman will be good, as a far as the seniors I agree not great. By the way we have 8 scholarship players. It's a freakin lost season...accept that and hopefully the team overall is better in March and we win the AAC tourney however unlikely. If they suck this bad next year then we have a major problem.
Ok.

Reaction Score
No your point was to hammer on Adams do't back off now pal!
Hahaha god you are so sad. I love it. I love how easy it is to get under your skin. Definition of an internet tough guy, real life nobody. 20k posts. Haha

Reaction Score
Yup. The ref was scared to give the home team an L via a foul call. Simple as that.

Still, there's something to be said about even being in that situation to begin with. Even with our injuries we should be able to handle Tulsa.

Why isn't the ref scared to screw over the visiting coach?

KO gets walked all over with one-sided officiating and has for years. It's not getting better.

Reaction Score
Mau you are too dumb to write outside the quote box. Glad you went back and edited to figure it out.

You have 20k posts on a message board. You have proven to be stupid and a loser with a lot of time on his hands. Also, you Maui point proves me right, but again I cannot expect you to understand that.

Shut up Jerry, go crawl back in your hole. No need to crap on our star player who played his az$ off and is the only reason we were even in that game.

Reaction Score
Huh? Seems to me that I am discussing the obvious. I just find those who constantly make excuses exhausting. Even worse, the moral police.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score

I get that ... But you said "can't make a big shot for their life" or something to that effect.

He missed a driving lay up in traffic and 2 pull ups, barely, at the end of OT.

He also nailed 3 straight plus a lay up in the last 3 minutes of the game to get it to OT, in fact you'd say he did those things to win the damn game in regulation, if our other guys do their jobs. You'd never have gotten to those 3 misses.

Point being, aside from that hypothetical, he hit big shots THIS GAME, before any of the big misses you cited, so saying he can't do it to save his life, lumping him with Purvis, is completely wrong.

I mean...as close to factually wrong as possible.

Reaction Score
I shouldn't have said "get a life" because obviously I don't have one being on message board arguing about a game.
You are a passionate UConn fan. So am I. We disagree. No big deal. Pretty sure, through all this bickering, we all want the same thing.

Reaction Score
Yeah, the year we WON the national championship after being unranked...shut up you tool
I am talking about your brilliant UVA post which you raaaaaaaaaan so far away from and went quite for months after. haha

Reaction Score
Blame him for missing the three at the end but he wasn't close on the layup because he was blasted on the arm, it would have been the game winner.

Reaction Score
I get that ... But you said "can't make a big shot for their life" or something to that effect.

He missed a driving lay up in traffic and 2 pull ups, barely, at the end of OT.

He also nailed 3 straight plus a lay up in the last 3 minutes of the game to get it to OT, in fact you'd say he did those things to win the damn game in regulation, if our other guys do their jobs. You'd never have gotten to those 3 misses.

Point being, aside from that hypothetical, he hit big shots THIS GAME, before any of the big misses you cited, so saying he can't do it to save his life, lumping him with Purvis, is completely wrong.

I mean...as close to factually wrong as possible.
Fair. I should have said a shot with the game on the line. As I said he played well, but he had 4 chances to put it away and was 0-4, but yes he did hit some big shots prior. I should have been clearer.

Reaction Score
Why isn't the ref scared to screw over the visiting coach?

KO gets walked all over with one-sided officiating and has for years. It's not getting better.
This is true, he has no clue how to work the refs. Calhoun used to get all sort of calls out of fear alone.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Huh? Seems to me that I am discussing the obvious. I just find those who constantly make excuses exhausting. Even worse, the moral police.
In your eyes they are excuses. In other people's eyes they are explanations. When you don't like something you belittle it. I guess that makes you the immoral police.

Reaction Score
I am talking about your brilliant UVA post which you raaaaaaaaaan so far away from and went quite for months after. haha

Oh right, that same team that was ranked top 10 all year and lost immediately in the tournament as soon as they played a mediocre team? Thanks for proving my point bud

Reaction Score
Oh right, that same team that was ranked top 10 all year and lost immediately in the tournament as soon as they played a mediocre team? Thanks for proving my point bud
"Not only will BC have a better league record, BC will slaughter UVA when they play head to head and I don't even like BC..." - Olliewood216

ACC
UVA 16-2
BC 4-14

UVA went to the Sweet 16 and lost by 2 MSU

Your memory is as bad as your basketball knowledge.

Reaction Score
In your eyes they are excuses. In other people's eyes they are explanations. When you don't like something you belittle it. I guess that makes you the immoral police.
Point taken. For that, I promise this is my last post. Enjoy a board of like mines. Or, as you call them, explanations. Adios.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Point taken. For that, I promise this is my last post. Enjoy a board of like mines. Or, as you call them, explanations. Adios.
There is no one in this thread that absolutely agrees with anyone else. The mines are open to minds with their own silly opinions.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom