Game thread UCONN /PSU | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Game thread UCONN /PSU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Unfortunately, can't watch or listen to this game so Gametracker is my only option. Saniya hitting these threes is key t spreading defense out. Hartley has to do something on the offensive end. Too much talent to be missing so many shots this early, they will fall eventually. I hope Stokes gets more involved offensively as well this game. Anyone else excited to finally have a 3 big lineup again?

espn gamecast gives a lot more real-time (almost) stats than gametracker

Reaction Score
i think these new rules have made WCBB so sloppy. not fun to watch as a fan.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Maggie Lucas is winded. Keep up the pressure on defense. It will take its toll on Penn State.

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
We missed about half of all our freethrows. First a miss/second a make. Nerves, right?

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Good lead at half time, but just think if the team can make their free throws. 8-14 on Free Throws for 57% PSU 8-9 on Free Throws for 89%

Reaction Score
Since when does Dolson miss free throws? This season is a weird one for her so far. Very Productive, but not exactly the same Stef
I've noticed the same thing. She's playing wonderful defense and gets a few baskets, but the O definitely is not running through her like it used to.

Reaction Score
what a bogus call on Lucas, the refs need to let them play. The new rules are terrible, and hurting the game.... all contact is NOT a foul... this is a contact sport

Reaction Score
UConn defense is wonderful today. Notice how hard Maggie Lucas is breathing? She hasn't gotten more than a couple of good looks all half. UConn has been particularly good at denying passing lanes. At one point about halfway through, Chong did it three times on one possession. The Penn State player looked like she was going to lose her mind, if she didn't eat the basketball first.

Reaction Score
what a bogus call on Lucas, the refs need to let them play. The new rules are terrible, and hurting the game.... all contact is NOT a foul... this is a contact sport
You are really arguing two points at once here. I might be inclined to agree that these ticky-tack fouls, both ways, do nothing to help the game. But if they are going to call those fouls on the defense, you cannot argue against the same thing on the offense, especially if it's as obvious as Lucas made it. Heck, even I saw that one.

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
Highest scorer: Chong; next Hartley. What do you think the half time talk from Geno will be like?

RoyDodger

Retired in the Southwest
Reaction Score
Oh those missed shots and free throw shots. UConn would be at least 30 ahead if they were hitting their shots. Oh well, everyone is entitled to be cold once in awhile. Still wound up the half 15 points ahead because of their great defense, especially on Maggie Lucas.

Did anyone catch what happened when the score was tied 10-10? It appeared that PS scored a 3. But it was never posted. I don't think the BTN announcers ever indicated what happened.

Reaction Score
The NCAA game tracker has people voting on who will win. It's 60-40 in favor of PSU. There must be some very rabid PSU fans out there.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Geno will say; "That is the worst half that has ever been played by a UConn team!!" maybe

Reaction Score
You are really arguing two points at once here. I might be inclined to agree that these ticky-tack fouls, both ways, do nothing to help the game. But if they are going to call those fouls on the defense, you cannot argue against the same thing on the offense, especially if it's as obvious as Lucas made it. Heck, even I saw that one.
I was thinking the exact same thing. Works both ways and she clearly pushed Bria multiple times in the chest trying to create some space for her shot! Great d by Uconn on that play.
!

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Yeah that was a crazy call on Maggie at the end. Definitely a no-call.

Stokes with no PFs to this point, which is actually big for us even though she's not lighting it up on offense. Not that the announcers felt it was worth mentioning, but Kiah was alone in the middle for us to close out the half, with 4 guards.

How about analyzing what that means for the game, how PSU might look to exploit, etc.? But no, we get more lazy announcing.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
In many respects, Maryland and Penn State are similar in they rely on one player as their primary scorer. Defensively, it makes it easier to disrupt the offensive.

Until many of these teams have one or two more offensive threats, the results against Uconn will be the same.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
I think that Geno will ignore the fouls and let Stef play normally; if she fouls out, she fouls out. Stewie too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom