Not open for further replies.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
I liked the push-off call on Lucas, end of the 1st half

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
The game was no well officiated. PSU's bigs got away with a lot of pushing, over the backs, and hacking. Stef didn't shot well because the defense collapsed on her when she was down low. She was smart and passed the ball out. It looked like PSU's defensive game was to collapse into the paint and take away Uconn's inside game for Stef and Stewie.

Credit to PSU - they didn't fold in the second half like Maryland did. But to be a contender for the final four, they need two more consistent scorers besides Lucas.

Reaction Score
Dolson and Stokes combined for 1-5 on fg's. PS was denying anything inside with their zone. Agee may not be very mobile but she works well under the glass. I thought she was allowed to use her body more than I thought was to be allowed, but except for fast breaks UConn did most of their scoring form outside.

Hartley always seems to me to do her best outside shooting in the last 10 minutes of a game. She should never take a 3 in the first half. She should stick to drives and pull-ups until her legs get a little tired.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
I saw fatigue in the second half when the lead reached 20. A good indication for me was missing a lot of foul shots, no legs. Both MD and PS played zone almost handcuffing Stef and Kiah underneath, so we needed for someone to step up and Bria and Saniya did just that. Again a lot of over the back by PS and no calls then as well as reaching in and no calls. Then a couple of UConn blocks and fouls called?????????? and we still won by 20. We got through a tuff part of our schedule without MTuck an KML and we did it surprisingly easy. We have grown up and Kiah BB and Saniya all looked good. Bria is back. Saniya will be a star before the season is over. For all those who had doubts there are no doubts now. We are really good. The next big test will at Duke on Dec 17th. I love our defense and its been on lockdown.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I saw fatigue in the second half when the lead reached 20. A good indication for me was missing a lot of foul shots, no legs. Both MD and PS played zone almost handcuffing Stef and Kiah underneath, so we needed for someone to step up and Bria and Saniya did just that. Again a lot of over the back by PS and no calls then as well as reaching in and no calls. Then a couple of UConn blocks and fouls called?????????? and we still won by 20. We got through a tuff part of our schedule without MTuck an KML and we did it surprisingly easy. We have grown up and Kiah BB and Saniya all looked good. Bria is back. Saniya will be a star before the season is over. For all those who had doubts there are no doubts now. We are really good. The next big test will at Duke on Dec 17th. I love our defense and its been on lockdown.

Tony, I have to disagree: none of these three games have been "surprisingly easy".

RoyDodger

Retired in the Southwest
Reaction Score
I'm not trying to make a big deal of this, but I just wanted to note that Stef has only scored 22 points total in the last three games. I'm looking forward to seeing more offense from her in the future.

Reaction Score
Were you
For those watching - did Stef NOT take shots or did the guards not feed her or did she not get position?
the reason we got so many kickout 3's was because when PS 's zone packed it down low it took our bigs out of the scoring game.Geno was brilliant by passing very deep having bigs double and triple teamed then kicking out for open 3s

Reaction Score
Until either Morgan, or KML get back everyone is going to play zone, and pack the paint. They are going to force Moriah, and Briana to make some shots from outside.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
How good is Saniya Chong. 16 pts a great steal late in the game and great dribble drive to the hoop and a great pass to MoJeff. How was she ranked 75th. When I saw her in person I couldn't believe how good she was. Now in just a couple of games in college shes really good. We have another gem. As they said in Ossinging after she made a basket... Cha-Chong.

Last edited:

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I saw fatigue in the second half when the lead reached 20. A good indication for me was missing a lot of foul shots, no legs.

Many of those missed foul shots were in the first half. I be hesitant to put it to game fatigue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom