Game Thread--please! | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Game Thread--please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
For those of us who can't watch, thanks for this commentary, it's great!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Kelly a kick-out to KML, for 3 goooooood

and another !!!!!!

DAAAYUMMM
"That was Kaleena Lewis"

Get used to that.

I believe Dee's record is 323 threes. About 3 seasons worth of work for Kaleena. :)

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I can see why everyone thinks every shot Kaleena takes is going in. It's because most of them do go in.

She can flat out play. Kaleena is confirming everything CD said during her 20 minutes with John A.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I can see why everyone thinks every shot Kaleena takes is going in. It's because most of them do go in.

She can flat out play. Kaleena is confirming everything CD said during her 20 minutes with John A.
Every shot is taken on balance and squared to the hoop. OldeCoach must be smiling. As with all great shooters, every shot is on line. The only misses are long or short, never left or right.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
patience, patience, now. a swallow does not make a Spring. I'm a great believer in not placing too much, too early (years of being a Red Sox fan will do that to you).

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
1. Great hands by KML on defense. She gets her mitts on the ball as advertised. Had at least 2-3 steals, also tipped balls, saves, and several nice accurate passes in transition. She did screw up a few entry passes early (t/o's) but settled down after a while.
2. KML's shot is for real. Next question! 14 pts in the half
3. Tiff looks more composed, 15 pts. Several good drives
4. HBuck is out there with a lot of energy, had a block or two (of course, Assumption is very small). Active feet.
5. Kelly looks aggressive also, been great on penetration & kick-out, also great on both ends of several hi-lo plays. Very effective.
6. Stef looked OK, not great - limited minutes because of foul trouble. If anything, you don't mind her getting fouls because of being aggressive - both fouls were offensive (one was a high elbow called while she was pivoting to score, another was a 50/50 calll on the block/charge where she went HARD to the hoop. The other girl was lucky she didn't get killed, cause Stef literally pancaked her when she fell.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
7. Bria had a couple loose moments early as well, but she has really gotten out on the break well - seems to react the quickest of anyone on the team on the outlet -- and has scored several times this way. Also made at least one 3, and gotten a couple of carom rebounds.
8. MJ looks more aggressive and a little stronger. One thing is, when she is defending she has very quick feet. If it's a question of getting by her, opposing forwards are going to have a more difficult time. The ones that take it to her, muscling it over/around/through, will give MJ more trouble.

I still want to see them make rebounding more of a 'point of emphasis' in this exhibition game. We have a lot of quick, athletic players across the board and we're in M2M defense almost all the time, and Assumption is not a big team - ergo we should at least be able to cleanly block out if we put our minds to it. Right now we look a little ragged on the rebounding side. Hey, we have to find SOMETHING to pick on with a 37-point lead ....!

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Hard not to be celebrating KML with the show tonight.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
What a fun, delightful woman KML is... fans are going to love her...

Reaction Score
Hopefully, a BIG little sister ... ;)

It's still clear that what we need most is a dominant board-raker. Everyone is hustling, though, and we will get stronger on the boards as time goes on. Does Rebecca Brunson have a little sister...?

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Im glad MJ is getting some playing time!

Reaction Score
I don't think I have ever seen a half where Tiffany didn't hit the floor. I am glad to see her taking the ball inside under control. The competition is obviously not in UConn's league, hopefully Tiffany can continue the controlled aggressiveness the whole season.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
This thread is 5 pages we better start a new one for the second half.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I don't think I have ever seen a half where Tiffany didn't hit the floor. I am glad to see her taking the ball inside under control. The competition is obviously not in UConn's league, hopefully Tiffany can continue the controlled aggressiveness the whole season.
Geno: If you fall, we could lose.

Tiffany: Ok.

I agree with Ice. Time for a new thread and more hoops from #23.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Dolson showing off her ambidextrousness around the basket :)

Tiff getting banged around, but I think she likes it that way .... making things happen.

Bria AGAIN ahead on the break - receives the ball and scores

Reaction Score
is it my computer or is the sound off when they go into timeouts and what not?

Reaction Score
Is anyone using huskyvision through the UConn athletics site to watch the game? I paid for cbs sports to watch it through huskyvision...
i MISSSED IT ALL,BUT WOULD LOVE ANY AND ALL INF FOR NEXT AND FUTURE GAMES pLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE I AM IRA FEEL FREE TO SEND ME A MESSAGE OR CHAT

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
i MISSSED IT ALL,BUT WOULD LOVE ANY AND ALL INF FOR NEXT AND FUTURE GAMES pLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE I AM IRA FEEL FREE TO SEND ME A MESSAGE OR CHAT

Just read through the 1st and 2nd half game threads, lots of commentary ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom