Game thread: Phoenix vs Chicago game 1 | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Game thread: Phoenix vs Chicago game 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
The Mercury are making their living off the pick and roll tonight - and Dupree is out of this world....26 points thus far (for me).

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
2 minutes to go, Phoenix second team in, didn't miss a beat.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
IMO - one game done, and I think that the fat lady is warming up...unless the Mercury decides to have a meltdown, that is......

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Diana post game interview:
Interviewer: How do you describe the dominant performance in this opening game?
Dee: It really means nothing...we have to clean up some of the things we didn't do well today.
Interviewer: (somewhat aghast) What would that have been?
Dee: Too many turnovers, they got too many offensive rebounds...There's a laundry list....
Interviewer: Why is your defense dialed in right now?
Dee: That's Sandy (coach). She puts a LOT of emphasis on defense everyday. If you don't do it, you sit right next to her.

I'm guessing that's not a good thing. I wonder if she watched any UConn games/practices

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Glad I wasn't able to watch the game. Score updates on my phone were bad enough. They're stacked and firing on all cylinders.

Meanwhile, EDD is immobile and Breland is playing with torn ligaments in her shoulder.

Honestly, I don't think the Sky ever expected to win the league. Winning the East was their big goal. Minnesota and Phoenix are too good to beat when key players are fighting injuries.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Orangutan said:
Glad I wasn't able to watch the game. Score updates on my phone were bad enough. They're stacked and firing on all cylinders.

Meanwhile, EDD is immobile and Breland is playing with torn ligaments in her shoulder.

Honestly, I don't think the Sky ever expected to win the league. Winning the East was their big goal. Minnesota and Phoenix are too good to beat when key players are fighting injuries.

agreed... Except that when a team is firing on all cylinders and playing as well as Phoenix play tonight they are fun to watch... And we do that all the time watching UConn

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
For all the folks who don't enjoy watching the W because they don't like the style of play - pfffft, perfiddle and go away. That was one fun game to watch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Great skills on display.

Reaction Score
Given EDD's situation I expected a greater blowout. And there is no way EDD is going to be 100% or even close to it this series. Back injuries do not heal overnight and are easily aggravated too. To their credit the Sky didn't quit but the overmatch is that much greater with a disabled EDD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom