Game thread--Pace U. | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Game thread--Pace U.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Remember Stewie was in doghouse, then after that she showed herself as the NPOY..

upload_2016-11-7_5-5-19.jpeg

Reaction Score
Molly actually had 3 steals and 2 blocks, plus the 6 boards and 6 dimes.

Two years ago, we commented that Kia Nurse plays like a junior, not a freshman. Molly seems to play like a junior as well.

Thanks---I knew I'd screw up the sequence of the numbers --doing it from memory, which is like not doing it at all. Point was --her number (except points which were OK) were great for a second game Freshman!!
I am more than favorably impressed with Molly's poise and ability. Thanks--I guess you feel she's a "keeper' too..

Reaction Score
damn it, now I gotta watch the video... these play by play guys are confusing me
Almost as good as the video is Gametracker--and you get immediate stats---if you thought keeping track of whose in whose out for Uconn--PACE was harder. Their poor coach was doing everything possible to stop the bleeding.

Reaction Score
To me the best thing about this game, again, was every came out injury free, although Collier seemed to tweak her knee a bit. Okay, I'm going to brag. I've resisted up until now talking on these exhibition threads because, well, they're exhibitions. But. When Molly and Kyla signed I said 1) Don't sleep on these young ladies. Molly is smart, feisty and hard nosed with a big motor. 2) I said Kyla is a good hard nosed player and rebounder with a wide body, positions herself well, moves her feet well, and has a nice little shot. 3) I said don't be surprised if early on Molly gets more time off the bench than Danger, but as the season goes on Danger will become more important. Gabulous (let's just start calling her Ms. AA) rebounds by getting good position and using her athleticism. Kyla rebounds by reading the ball off the rim well and getting good positioning. Not as well as Collier who can fly in from nowhere to get a rebound because of this ability, but Kyla seems to be a better offensive rebounder. This I didn't expect. I didn't expect Molly to be a physical player, which she is. She also has a nice little shot, but hers is to the arc. This team looks like a bunch of street fighters. Honestly, when teams are finished playing The UConn this year they're going to be bruised and exhausted. Some of these bigger teams are going to be scratching their heads wondering how this smaller team beat their pants off.

Geno knows where he's headed with Crystal (daaa , thats for me)--he lit into her a few times. Not because she was so bad--because she wasn't perfect. He is working his Geno magic to get her ready for March.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
The recently injured Aubrey Griffin sat next to Andra Espinosa-Hunter.
Thanks. I thought I saw them on camera. I read that well after the game, but was wondering in real time.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
To me the best thing about this game, again, was every came out injury free, although Collier seemed to tweak her knee a bit. Okay, I'm going to brag. I've resisted up until now talking on these exhibition threads because, well, they're exhibitions. But. When Molly and Kyla signed I said 1) Don't sleep on these young ladies. Molly is smart, feisty and hard nosed with a big motor. 2) I said Kyla is a good hard nosed player and rebounder with a wide body, positions herself well, moves her feet well, and has a nice little shot. 3) I said don't be surprised if early on Molly gets more time off the bench than Danger, but as the season goes on Danger will become more important. Gabulous (let's just start calling her Ms. AA) rebounds by getting good position and using her athleticism. Kyla rebounds by reading the ball off the rim well and getting good positioning. Not as well as Collier who can fly in from nowhere to get a rebound because of this ability, but Kyla seems to be a better offensive rebounder. This I didn't expect. I didn't expect Molly to be a physical player, which she is. She also has a nice little shot, but hers is to the arc. This team looks like a bunch of street fighters. Honestly, when teams are finished playing The UConn this year they're going to be bruised and exhausted. Some of these bigger teams are going to be scratching their heads wondering how this smaller team beat their pants off.

Remember the Green Bay (Phoenix) game from 2 years ago, when they played UConn in a tournament in Florida in November of 2014? The Phoenix lost 89-53, but they gave the Huskies a game they remembered for a long time. By far the most physical game UConn played that year. Mo and Stewie were black & blue from head to toe. That game was an excellent tuneup for Notre Dame 6 days later. I'd like to see this team adopt some that same kind of grit. :mad:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Remember the Green Bay (Phoenix) game from 2 years ago, when they played UConn in a tournament in Florida in November of 2014? The Phoenix lost 89-53, but they gave the Huskies a game they remembered for a long time. By far the most physical game UConn played that year. Mo and Stewie were black & blue from head to toe. That game was an excellent tuneup for Notre Dame 6 days later. I'd like to see this team adopt some that same kind of grit. :mad:
Clearly you have forgotten about UCONN vs. Rutgers NCAA tournament (3/23/15) where Stewie was assaulted, knocked to the floor, & bruised three times within the first 7 minutes of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom