Game thread! A&M vs UCONN | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Game thread! A&M vs UCONN

Status
Not open for further replies.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Any news about Banks? I'm at the game and wondering why she's still on the bench.

Don't know but my sense is that she has been slightly (no one embellish my language, please) in Geno's doghouse compared to the beginning of the season

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
Uconn loves that backdoor cut off the offensive rebound before the defense is set. DIdn't work this time but I love how well KML and Kelly read each other. Also KML and Bria. (I guess Kelly reads pretty much everyone well)

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Tiff made the right choice that time, just couldn't get the finish

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Bad offensive play by Tiff leads to bad foul by Tiff.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
Don't know but my sense is that she has been slightly (no one embellish my language, please) in Geno's doghouse compared to the beginning of the season
I get the impression that she doesn't run the offense to his liking. I think she is playing out of position when she's at the 1, she seems more of a slashing 2-3. And it would be silly to develop her into a PG when Moriah is coming in next year and CD and Bria will still be here. There were stretches in the Towson game where she didn't do much of anything, good or bad. I don't think Geno likes that.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Balanced scoring by U. Everyone pitching in.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
A&M getting used to UConn's defense, have played good offense last couple of minutes.

Some easy missed shots and turnovers by UConn in the same time period.​

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Ummm.... KML did not even draw iron on that late 3 attempt that Tiff kicked out to her :(

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
LOVE that Tiff gave up the open jumper to look for KML behind the arc there. She missed, but what trust from a senior to a freshman...

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
A&M getting used to UConn's defense, have played good offense last couple of minutes.​

Some easy missed shots and turnovers by UConn in the same time period.​
More of UConn not scoring and not getting the D set up to pressure the ball.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
I get the impression that she doesn't run the offense to his liking. I think she is playing out of position when she's at the 1, she seems more of a slashing 2-3. And it would be silly to develop her into a PG when Moriah is coming in next year and CD and Bria will still be here. There were stretches in the Towson game where she didn't do much of anything, good or bad. I don't think Geno likes that.
+1

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Thought it was a bad choice with too much tim left in traffic.

She was able to get all the way to the rim before releasing, much better % shot than some earlier attempts where she is hanging in air in the middle of the lane - I liked the selection

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Kara Lawson doing her best Mary Tyler Moore...?!??! :p

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
sarals24 said:

Exactly, the issue I've seen.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score

I know she is often quoted as saying she doesn't want to make mistakes -- I think you're right that Geno wants to see an impact. Your other point is well taken also, that she hasn't seemed to do the things Geno is looking for quite often enough so far , vis a vis the offense itself.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Sara, why don't you open the second half thread so we can leave this beast.

Reaction Score
TAMU looks pretty lost and disorganized. Our D has something to do with it ;) But I don't know how far they go in March. They are missing Adams too much

Missing Colson too. She was more than just another fast guard, she was sort of a "glue" player that holds the team together and a great floor leader.
This is not last season's A&M team.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
Missing Colson too. She was more than just another fast guard, she was sort of a "glue" player that holds the team together and a great floor leader.
This is not last season's A&M team.
Colson's leadership was very under rated and is missed very much by aTm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom