Game Thoughts | The Boneyard

Game Thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Great defensive effort on both team's parts but Bazz strapped the team on his back. You heard the announcer elevate him to one of the best with Smart and say that KO is headed to be one of the best coaches in the country. Hamilton must have enjoyed that. One thing, with the shot clock off and the players not knowing the time situation 30 sec left I feel that a timeout by KO should have been called so Bazz could hold the ball and get fouled. Our inside weakness kept our guards from getting catch and shoot looks at three, Bazz creating his own shots. Great win, IU executed plays and attacked the rim, they should be ranked.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Smart and Bazz are really opposite players. Smart is a tremendous physical talent...a lot like a healthy Dwayne Wade with better PG skills, but he is also reckless and could lose a tight game as easily as win it.

Reaction Score
Great defensive effort on both team's parts but Bazz strapped the team on his back. You heard the announcer elevate him to one of the best with Smart and say that KO is headed to be one of the best coaches in the country. Hamilton must have enjoyed that. One thing, with the shot clock off and the players not knowing the time situation 30 sec left I feel that a timeout by KO should have been called so Bazz could hold the ball and get fouled. Our inside weakness kept our guards from getting catch and shoot looks at three, Bazz creating his own shots. Great win, IU executed plays and attacked the rim, they should be ranked.

He was probably 5 seconds away from calling one. The norm is to call it with around 15. Bazz was trying to avoid the closely guarded call - I don't think he was going to the hole or anything.

If that's a fricking ward off, though, then I claim a 20-point win over BC since their stud would have fouled out at the half.

Reaction Score
I agree - wanted to see a timeout - but what wasn't a offensive foul last night was a foul tonight - Stop

Reaction Score
I agree - wanted to see a timeout - but what wasn't a offensive foul last night was a foul tonight - bull

Ferrell really sold that one. Plus the ref that called it was behind Ferrell and he saw Baz extend and couldn't tell that Ferrell was taking a dive

Reaction Score
Like a lot of you I was yelling for a timeout to get the team composed with the shot clock off. But there's little doubt there was a push off that was in my opinion rightfully called.

Reaction Score

Ollie has a pro perspective. Chuck Daley would never have called time in that situation.

Someone should have come back to Shabazz. If only to set a screen. A TO would have let IU come up with a strategy.

The ball was in his best players hands. Time was running off the clock. Pros let players play. In the long run, it will be great for recruiting.

Reaction Score
this game could have gone either way, it was a great character building game, a meat grinder that will help build confidence. It was poorly officiated, but it was good to see KO show so much emotion on the side line.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
It was a classic rock fight, like so many of our previous regular season games in the garden -- most against St. John's.

Reaction Score
We beat them at their game, rebounds and second chance shots

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member