GAME STORY/: Quotes from Diaco, Whitmer & Stewart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Boooooooooooooooooooi

Reaction Score
what diaco says is true. last week just got everyone overly excited and everyone forgets how young we are and how undercoached everyone from the past few years is. players have talent but not enough IQ as of yet

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
mdkhusky said:
what diaco says is true. last week just got everyone overly excited and everyone forgets how young we are and how undercoached everyone from the past few years is. players have talent but not enough IQ as of yet

That explains some, but not all.

Reaction Score

No, it not. He had one of the worst game plans against the option ever conceived. It was awful. That was the biggest problem.

I could mention all the things he did wrong, to Not hitting the QB, to safties 10 yards deep but it has been covered on other threads.

Diaco's defensive game plan sucked. Period.

Reaction Score
You lost to army stop making excuses. That was a horrid display out there today. Period. Watching the least and I mean least talented service academy take it to you is pathetic. They did not look ready to play, did not make adjustments quick enough this one is squarely on Bobby's shoulders

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

Google "army football schedule". Read the first hit.

Reaction Score
Bob, keep it simple. You coached poorly. You treat the players like a neighborhood priest instead of getting in people's faces. And UConn has D-III players that Couldn't start at Trinity in some cases.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Two things:

“It was disorganized from the start,” Whitmer said following the loss. “We didn’t quite have what we wanted in there and I should have taken a timeout. Then, I made a bad play worse, by trying to improvise and be a hero in a situation where we had at least two or three more plays. It wasn’t a situation where we had to get into the end zone right away. We had a few more plays we could have run and we still would have had to play in overtime, but that sucks and it’s tough.” - Chandler Whitmer on the final interception.

It's nice to see someone who understands football and is willing to admit his own mistakes. The kid isn't an all-American or even all-conference, but I don't know how you can't root for a guy who gives his all and comes up short because he isn't getting a whole lot of help for anyone else. To me, that's been the story of his career at UConn.

and;

“I didn’t have any thoughts on the play,” Diaco said following the loss. “I just listen to the officials and whatever they say, goes. I don’t spend too much time thinking about it and I’m sure that those guys are professionals and make the appropriate call. I don’t look at stuff like that. You get some bounces, you don’t get some bounces, it all works out. Some things go for you, some against you, you don’t sit up here and make excuses. We didn’t execute well enough to win the football game and we have a long way to go as a football program.” Bob Diaco on the non-fumble call.

I really HATE this attitude. Everyone on the field needs to be held accountable, including the officials. How's about you fight for you team, BOB? It's good to know that the zebras are free to screw them over because you won't call them on it. I mean this is not what HoF coaches do? Calhoun, Auriemma, and even KO never question the officials. There's a difference between not clotheslining the side judge because missed an obvious PI on that last interception and letting them know your not going to stand for it. Are you similarly going to not have any thoughts on your OLB's not playing the option pitch, because you know, some bounces go your way and some don't. , you're starting to get on my nerves, BOB. The devil PP, would have killed to have your schedule this season, TJ too. I didn't think TJ was right for this job, but I'm confident, he wasn't losing to this years USF, Tulane, and Army teams. Which means he'd be sitting on at least 4 wins right now with a shot at 6.

This season is lost, take the bye week and I don't want to hear a thing about the team needs a break. Show the team, recruits, and supporters of this program that there is something worth investing in next year, because I for one am expecting a huge improvement over this season in terms of wins and how this program represents this State. There will be no BS, we're building something good. If you are losing to bottom of the barrel programs and playing embarrassing FB, no one will want to here it and the Rent will be empty. There are no more excuses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom