Game schedule | The Boneyard

Game schedule

Reaction Score
Four games are listed at the same time all on ESPN2 on Saturday. Is this that horrible “whip-a-round” coverage or are there extra ESPN channels(alternate)?

Reaction Score
I would bet you can catch all the games on ESPN3 (WatchESPN).

EDIT: Also, I believe all of the 11:00 am games on ESPN2 will be shown in it's entirely for each region of the country.

Last edited:

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
I've been moaning about this for years. Every year, ESPN crams all the games on one channel, then according to their web site, they take viewers around the country to show compelling action at all the sites.

I'm thankful that ESPN has an interest in WBB but by golly geez...can't they spread the games out on their other channels? Do THAT many people watch ESPNews and ESPNClassic that they aren't willing to pre-empt regular programming on those outlets to show games from the WBB national championship tournament?

Reaction Score
I think it's all a function of where you are. Every year, a couple days before action starts, they have on their website a map showing what parts of the country will be seeing what games in their entirety. (I found one from last year via google.) Invariably, in CT they show the UConn game in its entirety. Similarly, if you lived in, say, South Carolina, they would show any game involving them in its entirety. In the rest of the country, they will show what they consider to be the game most people want to see, based on what teams are involved and/or how exciting the games are.

There is a sort of logistical problem when there are four games going on at the same time, and you're only broadcasting the tournament on two (at most) networks.

Hope this info helps....

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
I think it's all a function of where you are. Every year, a couple days before action starts, they have on their website a map showing what parts of the country will be seeing what games in their entirety. (I found one from last year via google.) Invariably, in CT they show the UConn game in its entirety. Similarly, if you lived in, say, South Carolina, they would show any game involving them in its entirety. In the rest of the country, they will show what they consider to be the game most people want to see, based on what teams are involved and/or how exciting the games are.

There is a sort of logistical problem when there are four games going on at the same time, and you're only broadcasting the tournament on two (at most) networks.

Hope this info helps....

That's all well and good...but alumni from the various participating institutions don't necessarily live in the immediate vicinity of the cities and towns from which they graduated. I live in Greenville, SC...closer to Athens, GA than Raleigh, NC...our area tends to get more broadcasts involving SEC teams than ACC teams (although Clemson is only an hour away).

Fortunately, this year, it appears things will work out so I can watch all the teams I am interested in. NC State plays Friday afternoon...South Carolina plays Friday night...and Georgia opens tournament play on Saturday. It hasn't always worked out that way; most years, I've had to log on to the computer to watch NC State start their tournament run...although, last year's exciting 2nd round game with Texas was shown here on ESPN2 almost in its entirety.

Reaction Score
I take your point. I'm pretty sure, however, that if you use either your computer or mobile device you will be able to get any given game (including NC State, Georgia & South Carolina) in its entirety.

In ESPN's defense, CBS has kind of got the same problem in the men's tournament, but they have gotten the Turner networks (part of the same corporate structure) to play along and broadcast them also. If I were running ESPN, I would try and do the same thing with Disney-owned network Freeform (formerly known as ABC Family), which currently only broadcasts Disney movies and reruns of television shows. That would give you four networks (ESPN2, ESPNU, ESPN News, and Freeform) to broadcast games, and there is never (I think) more than four games at any one time. But I'm not running ESPN....

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Is it safe to assume that UConn games will be posted in their entirety? (For those of us who can't be home Saturday morning.)

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
DirecTV will have 4 channels for the Women's NCAA Tournament coverage, 788-791 in addition to ESPN2.
Hopefully they will show each game in it's entirety instead of their whip around non coverage.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I take your point. I'm pretty sure, however, that if you use either your computer or mobile device you will be able to get any given game (including NC State, Georgia & South Carolina) in its entirety.

In ESPN's defense, CBS has kind of got the same problem in the men's tournament, but they have gotten the Turner networks (part of the same corporate structure) to play along and broadcast them also. If I were running ESPN, I would try and do the same thing with Disney-owned network Freeform (formerly known as ABC Family), which currently only broadcasts Disney movies and reruns of television shows. That would give you four networks (ESPN2, ESPNU, ESPN News, and Freeform) to broadcast games, and there is never (I think) more than four games at any one time. But I'm not running ESPN....

Freeform has some very good original shows also, like Shadowhunters, Stitches, Pretty Little Liars, and others.

Reaction Score
ESPN is so big and so does their stupidity. If people are watching WCBB is because they are committed to watch their team, whipping around is forcing them to get up and turn the TV off.

Me no like ESPN!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom