Game replays | The Boneyard

Game replays

Reaction Score
Can anyone tell me which games get put into the game replay bank? I see that a bunch are not available and am wondering what determines that?

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I think SNY asked that a bunch of them be removed.
The way I understand it is games being removed is because SNY invoked their copyright rights on ALL games they televised. Games televised by FS1, CBSSN, ESPN and ABC are allowed to put in the replay bank because to date they have not asked that they be removed. I just checked the replay bank. You can only view highlights of games broadcast by SNY. Full replays are from the other major media outlets.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I suspect this will be true across YouTube as well. If SNY games show up there, I suspect a takedown notice will be served soon enough.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I suspect this will be true across YouTube as well. If SNY games show up there, I suspect a takedown notice will be served soon enough.
Can anyone tell me which games get put into the game replay bank? I see that a bunch are not available and am wondering what determines that?
Last season's replays are currently available on YouTube. I believe all except a couple.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
The Butler game, which was next after the Creighton game, is also missing.

But no disrespect to MJL243, the work that is put in is remarkable and really, really appreciated.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Which is why I set up a home theater computer long ago to record, not only every UConn game over cable, but any WCBB, heck anything at all, that I wanted to preserve for my future viewing. My one caveat is that it was and remains NOT easy to effect or maintain. But in the long run, well worth it.

Reaction Score
MJL243 is also a hero to this aged, tech challenged, health challenged Husky…now banished to life in the Land of Burnt Umber. And for SNY broadcasts it’s the FOX broadcasts that save the day.
How I wish SNY would open its archives…I’d certainly be willing to pay a reasonable amount - and they’d make money.

Reaction Score
Which is why I set up a home theater computer long ago to record, not only every UConn game over cable, but any WCBB, heck anything at all, that I wanted to preserve for my future viewing. My one caveat is that it was and remains NOT easy to effect or maintain. But in the long run, well worth it.
Ditto I began with CPTV on tape, then DVD, now the Harddrive version, I'm no good in the clouds, I lost a balloon that way.

Reaction Score
MJL243 is also a hero to this aged, tech challenged, health challenged Husky…now banished to life in the Land of Burnt Umber. And for SNY broadcasts it’s the FOX broadcasts that save the day.
How I wish SNY would open its archives…I’d certainly be willing to pay a reasonable amount - and they’d make money.
Ditto on the appreciation of @MJL243 efforts to archive many of the UCONN games. Very thankful to him/her when I need a Husky's fix!. I too wish SNY would open up their Uconn wcbb archives and would be willing to pay a fee per view or as a subscription to be able to once again watch any and all past games that they broadcasted. Many an offseason I have rewatched entire past seasons just to stroll down memory lane and re-experience so many great moments. We were spoiled for a very long time in being able to rewatch virtually every game played since the early 90's through the present!

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
I haven't kept count of which ones are missing, but they mainly seem to be home games.

One I really wanted to rewatch is the first game against Creighton. That was another of Caroline's dominant games.
Both Creighton games are available on YouTube TV right now. I have watched both games this past summer.

Reaction Score
Both Creighton games are available on YouTube TV right now. I have watched both games this past summer.
I can't find the Jan 9th game, only highlights of it. I'm searching right now. Can you post a link? I really want to watch it all the way through.

Reaction Score
Ditto on the appreciation of @MJL243 efforts to archive many of the UCONN games. Very thankful to him/her when I need a Husky's fix!. I too wish SNY would open up their Uconn wcbb archives and would be willing to pay a fee per view or as a subscription to be able to once again watch any and all past games that they broadcasted. Many an offseason I have rewatched entire past seasons just to stroll down memory lane and re-experience so many great moments. We were spoiled for a very long time in being able to rewatch virtually every game played since the early 90's through the present!
Ok then…we should start some kind of movement/petition to put the question to SNY. Wonder if anyone has brought the idea to them earlier ?

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
I can't find the Jan 9th game, only highlights of it. I'm searching right now. Can you post a link? I really want to watch it all the way through.
My apologies BD, it was the 2021 game in January that I saw. I have only February 2022 available.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
Ok then…we should start some kind of movement/petition to put the question to SNY. Wonder if anyone has brought the idea to them earlier ?
As long as it is not mentioned that replays currently exist elsewhere on the internet...imo.

Reaction Score
It is strange that SNY took down replays posted on UConn Husky Games but I have never found where they posted their own. Are past SNY games available on their own site or app somewhere?

Reaction Score
What am I missing in this discussion? I have DVR'ed the last 3 seasons and have a complete inventory of all of the games.

Reaction Score
The way I understand it is games being removed is because SNY invoked their copyright rights on ALL games they televised. Games televised by FS1, CBSSN, ESPN and ABC are allowed to put in the replay bank because to date they have not asked that they be removed. I just checked the replay bank. You can only view highlights of games broadcast by SNY. Full replays are from the other major media outlets.
Is this going to apply retroactively to games in the bank from previous years that were televised by SNY?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom