Game Replay: UConn vs. SCSU | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Game Replay: UConn vs. SCSU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
You guys are putting too much on Gilbert
I not concerned about his size but being able to shoot will limit his play.
He has a great handle and good passing skills and played good defense especially since he was matched up against their best player. If other shooters step up it makes him better because of his ability to penetrate if their packing the defense his skills are offset.
Vital was a pleasant surprise he will play more minutes than I thought.
I was surprised by how well we ran and moved the ball.
There was a sequence were all 5 players touched the ball.
What concerns me the most is our inability to own the defensive glass .
Some of that could be attributed to our freshman poorly blocking out
Facey and Brimah both played limited minutes. Neither of them is great but they actually have a clue.
My biggest disappointment was Enoch he was lost defensively ans seemed very slow. With Brimah proclivity for stupid PF's that scares me although
I'm comfortable with Facey at the 5 and Larrier at the 4 ( he reminds me a little of Cliff ) Rodney can play the 3 without a problem with eith JA or Vital at the 2
depending on who's the 1.
All the other guys will increase minutes as they show they can play.
Jackson is a very interesting situational player because of his stroke and height.

Reaction Score
How exactly do you know he's playing scared? And if he was, how would sitting out another year make him less scared?
Just my observation watching him play. Its like everyone around him was playing at a different speed. Not sure youd have to ask him. I just think seeing his injury history we should be cautious with the kid is all im saying.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Just my observation watching him play. Its like everyone around him was playing at a different speed. Not sure youd have to ask him. I just think seeing his injury history we should be cautious with the kid is all im saying.
Seems like being a little cautious is not a bad thing. Perhaps we should give him a little time to get used to things and to get into game shape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom