Game Replay: UConn vs. SCSU | The Boneyard

Game Replay: UConn vs. SCSU

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoderickSpode

7th Earl of Sidcup
Reaction Score
Thank you so much! Stuck on the couch today with bronchitis -- this made my day.

Reaction Score
I am not sure what it takes for you to get these videos up for everyone to watch....but it is certainly appreciated...thank you.

Reaction Score
Was at this game, first time for me seeing the freshman in action. Sad to not be able to see Mamadou play but that will come in future games. Seeing Alterique for the first time in person made me realize how short he really is. Thought he'd be an NBA prospect some years down the road but now I'm second guessing that. Has to be 5'10" at most. Was pleasantly surprised with Vital's defensive grit and intensity. He's gonna be a great 4 year guard for us. It's hard watching Durham play in person cause you know there is an NBA player in there somewhere but you can slightly tell he's holding back on sprints and cuts because of fear of his knees. Hopefully half way through the season he'll put that mentality aside and break out. Vance will be a solid poised player, you can tell he has a high IQ, but looks like he isn't anywhere near playing at a collegiate level pace, which is OK. And I think I can confidently say, even if we've only seen him against New Haven and SCSU, that I already like Larrier more than Hamilton. Say what you want Hamilton lovers but I feel Larrier has more of that killer instinct in him. Time will tell...

Reaction Score
Was at this game, first time for me seeing the freshman in action. Sad to not be able to see Mamadou play but that will come in future games. Seeing Alterique for the first time in person made me realize how short he really is. Thought he'd be an NBA prospect some years down the road but now I'm second guessing that. Has to be 5'10" at most. Was pleasantly surprised with Vital's defensive grit and intensity. He's gonna be a great 4 year guard for us. It's hard watching Durham play in person cause you know there is an NBA player in there somewhere but you can slightly tell he's holding back on sprints and cuts because of fear of his knees. Hopefully half way through the season he'll put that mentality aside and break out. Vance will be a solid poised player, you can tell he has a high IQ, but looks like he isn't anywhere near playing at a collegiate level pace, which is OK. And I think I can confidently say, even if we've only seen him against New Haven and SCSU, that I already like Larrier more than Hamilton. Say what you want Hamilton lovers but I feel Larrier has more of that killer instinct in him. Time will tell...
I agree he has more of the killer instinct, that just wasn't D Ham's character. And I respect you already like him more than Hamilton, but if D ham was on this team I think we'd be a legit top 7 ish team. Larrier definitely looks to have more potential and the wow factor, but Daniel was an amazing passer and twice the rebounder anyone else on the team was last year, and stepped up in some crucial games as well.

Reaction Score
So it seems to me the starters are going to be pretty much as expected Brimah,Facey,Larrier,Purvis and Adams. Enoch is still a project and still commits poor fouls. Gilbert is tiny. Durham should red shirt. Jackson lacks athleticsm but should be able to knock down some open shots for us. Vital is fun to watch and looks like he is going to be a pretty good player for us. Look forward to watching him develop over the next four years. Kid is a born leader and plays with intensity.

Reaction Score
Can Durham still redshirt? When's the latest he can do so??

These were exhibitions so he can still redshirt. They're not technically real games.

If he plays against d1 comp he cannot redshirt.

No indications that he's going to redshirt though.

Reaction Score
Very funny, I've been talking about Larrier for the last year and a lot of you didn't understand what I was talking about.

He is the guy who will put us over the hump more than anyone else.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
These were exhibitions so he can still redshirt. They're not technically real games.

If he plays against d1 comp he cannot redshirt.

No indications that he's going to redshirt though.

Let's hope he doesn't take the Marcus Johnson route.

Reaction Score
So it seems to me the starters are going to be pretty much as expected Brimah,Facey,Larrier,Purvis and Adams. Enoch is still a project and still commits poor fouls. Gilbert is tiny. Durham should red shirt. Jackson lacks athleticsm but should be able to knock down some open shots for us. Vital is fun to watch and looks like he is going to be a pretty good player for us. Look forward to watching him develop over the next four years. Kid is a born leader and plays with intensity.
I'm going to take this post as sarcasm.

Reaction Score
Durham redshirting talk is silly, with the way Brimah and Enoch commit fouls the frontcourt needs him for depth and both the coaching staff and Durham have stated missing 2 whole years of game action is not good for his development.

Reaction Score
Very funny, I've been talking about Larrier for the last year and a lot of you didn't understand what I was talking about.

I guess this is Chief's alias...

Reaction Score

Look, all we had was tapes from VCU where he was averaging 7 pts and limited minutes. From these first 2 exhibition games he and Adams are our 2 best players. What about his passing, wow! AB had some nice moments he got the ball and in one motion went to the rim, and Vital is a quality addition for us. Is Gilbert going to be that much better than Vital? Just asking.

Reaction Score
Look, all we had was tapes from VCU where he was averaging 7 pts and limited minutes. From these first 2 exhibition games he and Adams are our 2 best players. What about his passing, wow! AB had some nice moments he got the ball and in one motion went to the rim, and Vital is a quality addition for us. Is Gilbert going to be that much better than Vital? Just asking.
Been thinking about the Vital/Gilbert thing as well. So far they both look ok...Gilbert looks a little faster and has pushed the ball ok, but Vital has run a few really nice pick and rolls for buckets. Personally, I'm going to wait until we see some ball pressure before I make any significant judgement. Neither has been pressured at all. I'm curious what happens when they do.

Reaction Score
Durham redshirting talk is silly, with the way Brimah and Enoch commit fouls the frontcourt needs him for depth and both the coaching staff and Durham have stated missing 2 whole years of game action is not good for his development.
Agree. I actually like how Durham has played. He looks pretty active and kind of smart. And as you say, Both Brimah and Enoch still appear to be foul prone.

Reaction Score
Been thinking about the Vital/Gilbert thing as well. So far they both look ok...Gilbert looks a little faster and has pushed the ball ok, but Vital has run a few really nice pick and rolls for buckets. Personally, I'm going to wait until we see some ball pressure before I make any significant judgement. Neither has been pressured at all. I'm curious what happens when they do.

Vital can't handle the way rique can. He is big and fast, but his skills aren't there just yet.

Alterique is super skilled, but very small.

I would bank of alterique as our sixth man for much of the season.

Reaction Score
0% chance Durham redshirts. We need him and he needs this season, three seasons away from the game would be ridiculous for him.
Cant disagree with a single word you just said but honestly he scares me. Hes out there playing scared and with his history thats a disaster waiting to happen. I know its just speculation but maybe that same hesitancy lead to his second knee injury. I just want the kid to do well and if it takes a redshirt id understand it. Id rather that than him getting hurt. Hopefully youre right and some real game action is all he needs.

Reaction Score
Cant disagree with a single word you just said but honestly he scares me. Hes out there playing scared and with his history thats a disaster waiting to happen. I know its just speculation but maybe that same hesitancy lead to his second knee injury. I just want the kid to do well and if it takes a redshirt id understand it. Id rather that than him getting hurt. Hopefully youre right and some real game action is all he needs.

How exactly do you know he's playing scared? And if he was, how would sitting out another year make him less scared?

Reaction Score
"Alterique has a 5:1 AST to TO ratio, but he's short, so we're doomed."

"Our bigs foul non-stop, let's redshirt one of them who already hasn't played in 2 years."

Alterique has been a bigger help on offense than Jalen was early last year, and Durham looks a lot better than Enoch did too. They're freshman, they need time to develop.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

The 2nd ACL tear came while he was running on a treadmill, not while playing ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom